It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Fish Kill in California- Billions of Dead Fish!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i too aren't convinced about the 2012 thing, but things like this have just kept occurring and its really making me think, its like the earth is mad and shes starting this filtering process. Though thats just one of my theories ATM

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomSnake
i too aren't convinced about the 2012 thing, but things like this have just kept occurring and its really making me think, its like the earth is mad and shes starting this filtering process. Though thats just one of my theories ATM

Oh well - - one of my theories is we are actually a holographic video type game - - - with an ending and reset.

I don't sweat it. I fear physical pain (because it hurts) - - - but that's about it

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Misleading thread. Every forum or new topic that has this in their viewing says UP TO TWO MILLION. The fish that were killed are Sardines. They were pushed inland by a storm and died due to oxygen deprivation. No star and NO FLAG!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Here's a picture from the article...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/351d7c754ba4.jpg[/atsimg]

Scary stuff.

Picture from your second link: KTLA.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e118be580bc.jpg[/atsimg]

Even though I try to convince myself that the MSM is telling the truth saying that animal die-offs is normal, I just can't shake this very bad feeling that it's not...

Too many deaths across the world. Scary stuff.

S&F.

edit on 8-3-2011 by SonoftheSun because: added second picture.

The die-off's are no where near normal, but the count of such is. There are only two species on Earth with populations that go into the Billions. Ant's and Humans. Do your Research!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
Misleading thread. Every forum or new topic that has this in their viewing says UP TO TWO MILLION. The fish that were killed are Sardines. They were pushed inland by a storm and died due to oxygen deprivation. No star and NO FLAG!

I demand a recount! Seriously, has anyone counted them (why would anyone and how could they). All of these numbers are guesses and your "up to two million" is no different so get over yourself.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

I demand a recount! Seriously, has anyone counted them (why would anyone and how could they). All of these numbers are guesses and your "up to two million" is no different so get over yourself.

Thank you for the aspect of which I was striving for. How can a count of one million from the DEP be so different then from this one billion count. Hope you see what I am getting at.

And why I gave no Star or Flag. OP doesn't show the multi-sources.
edit on 9-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
this thread needs to get closed or locked or the title changed, or thrown in hoax. a storm brought the fish into a deoxygenated enviroment, and there were too many in the same place anyway. that's it. no conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Just left the water at Oceanside Harbor and no dead fish spotted. We did have a storm last weekend and that sometimes creates issues out here. Other than the water being filthy due to the runoff, nothing spotted out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Be careful if your ordering pizza and they offer free anchovies, or free seafood options at your local restaurant...this is potentially a steal.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So, the fish got "lost", and then "confused" (They are like us!) and then they "died". Who believes crap like this? First of all, we had some major mystery animal mass deaths not so long ago, all around the world, for which we never had a satisifying answer. My years of life experience and my gut feeling tell me, that we are being lied to. There are a few people around who know the exact reason for phenomenons like this, but we dont....

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The die-off's are no where near normal, but the count of such is. There are only two species on Earth with populations that go into the Billions. Ant's and Humans. Do your Research!

Hello Mr. ResearchMan,

Thank you for the precisions, I learned something new today but I never claimed or even typed billions, the article did. I would recommend you Read properly before suggesting others to do their Research...

But now, since you did ask me to do my Research, I will tell you what I think of all these die-offs:

The Main Stream Media isn't telling everything, or at best, doesn't know more than we do.

So there was a storm, fish got lost, I even heard CNN say that they took a right turn instead of a left turn
, then they died of a lack of oxygen. Is it possible? Yes it is. Has it happened before? After doing a little bit of Research, yes it has, in different areas and different years.

But the problem I have is this: At no time did animal die-offs happen globally in such numbers and in such a short period of time, all at once. Since mid-December, the variety of die-offs, a variety of birds falling from the sky (dead), a variety of fish dying from various reasons from lack of oxygen to reasons still unknown, penguins disappearing, whales beaching, dolphins aborting, crabs in Australia, makes me feel that something isn't right.

Many already say that it's perfectly normal, nothing to worry, all is fine, carry on...

I hope it's true but doubt that it is. It's been a pretty intense three months.

I could be wrong, I'm not a biologist, I don't have any lab test reports stating Research results (are there any out there to read?).

I would gladly read them.

Have a nice day.
edit on 10-3-2011 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Oops! The dead fish have now floated to the surface.

Getting pretty stinky.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Were these dead fish a clue to what was going to happen in Japan? Could've all the recent quake activity near Japan have caused these fish to die?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
I'm sure it's effects from the oil spill

Wrong coast/ocean

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Toxins found in fish
I take that back
edit on 12-3-2011 by ShanePerkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Just saw on CNN that there is a lot of dead fish washing up on the shores of California. Can't find any news on this yet. What could have caused all of these fish to die? There are hundreads of birds feeding on these dead fish. Could the birds now be victim to whatever has killed the fish.

Has anyone seen anything else on this?

Billions of dead fish

Billions of dead anchovies are blanketing the sea bottom and floating on the surface of the water this morning at King Harbor in Redondo Beach, and officials are trying to figure out what happened.

edit on 3/8/2011 by SUICIDEHK45 because: found some info

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/8/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

Thanks, my OP asked if the birds might be victim to whatever killed the fish. Since it turned out to be a neurotoxin, that means all the creatures that feasted on the fish could now be at risk. I also thought it was pretty hard for fish to get "lost" in the ocean.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Were these dead fish a clue to what was going to happen in Japan? Could've all the recent quake activity near Japan have caused these fish to die?

Yes, I do think their deaths are related to the 9.1 Japan quake.

The timing, location and magnitude, to say the least, all point to a conspiracy theory.

Toxins? So what. That's the "official story". That's just yada yada PR for ya.

edit on 12-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: a ekatsim.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thought I would throw an educated guess and some info in here. Sorry low post count and no avatar so I imagine I will not be taken seriously. Oxygen depletion would take an average lab geek about 5 minutes at the most to measure in the water, D.O. or Dissolved Oxygen is one of if not the most common test we did on water after Ph and temperature. Being in Cali and if I understand correctly having a power plant near by tells me that there are probably D.O. as well as Ph, probes all over the place and I imagine they are on a graph. For those that care this is how a tide from the tsunami could have done this.

The water driven at high velocity churns up the ocean floor, the organic material that had gathered there encourages the growth of organic eating "aerobic" bacteria, the bacteria, not the fish utilizes the oxygen and the fish die. See it all the time here in the spring. Well call it “turning over” all of the leaves that fell in the fall sink to the bottom of small lakes and ponds and in the spring as the water warms the biological process starts and the gasses produced will cause the organic layer to rise and flip essentially killing the body of water, so that is in my opinion the only way that could have happened and they would know this in minutes. It takes all of about 30 seconds to calibrate a D.O. meter. The other thing to look for in something like this would be copper it would be the most likely culprit as far as metals go. It kills efficiently and completely. Not to mention as nirogen is transformed to it's various states through the decay process it causes other issues as well, Nitrites and Nitrates and wild Ph fluctuations are possible for example.

For what it is worth though, in my mind the afore mentioned does not explain what has been going on lately around the world.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

You make some good points Antonistar..

What will be the next excuse for what will be precieved as the result of whats has taken place in Japen?. Air and Water will continue to be more toxic...

This will be to some extent controlled as well by MSN
Currents will continue to flow.

Be Wise, Be Well..

Jesse
edit on 12-3-2011 by jessemole because: I just had a Beer!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It appears that Australia has been getting alot of fish kills all this week also, including lobster and eels.
If I could figure out imbedding the video I would include it.

Linky

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join