It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Toy Tazer Is Great for Tasing Kids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

WTF - The Toy Tazer Is Great for Tasing Kids

gizmodo.com

Have a rowdy bunch of kids? Why not tase them a little bit to teach 'em a lesson? The Toy Tazer is perfect because for one, they're dirt cheap at only $3.40 and for two, it's not that harmful at only 3.6V per shot (versus 50,000 in police tasers). Let your kid know what it feels like before he really gets tased, you know? It's only good parenting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Wed Mar 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited title to remove inappropriate abbreviation

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is sickening.

This is social engineering to get kids to be more accepting to the idea of tasers and police-state brutality.

The videos and media are full of police-state images mixed with sexuality which creates a cognitive dissonance.. sex is good, police-state is bad... so your mind moves towards police-state is good as it does not like to hold two opposing ideas.

Kids are not sophisticated enough to realize that these "toys" are significantly different.

Parents that use them should be held as child abusers.

gizmodo.com

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Really guys? Its obviously a gag. Obviously Gizmodo isn't the real distributer of this. So how can you know for sure it was made for kids?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This seems like a joke, it has to be...

"let you're kids know what it feels like to get tazed", seriously? I mean, I should have seen this coming! We have the awesome, yet subliminally sexual "shake weight" mechanism designed for women and now men that has become so popular, what other way could we have chosen to degrade each other?

With F-ing tazers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Dunno why "they" ever did away with corporal punishment - I mean it was perfect for getting kids used to being beaten up by police batons!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

This is sickening.

This is social engineering to get kids to be more accepting to the idea of tasers and police-state brutality.

The videos and media are full of police-state images mixed with sexuality which creates a cognitive dissonance.. sex is good, police-state is bad... so your mind moves towards police-state is good as it does not like to hold two opposing ideas.

Kids are not sophisticated enough to realize that these "toys" are significantly different.

Parents that use them should be held as child abusers.

gizmodo.com

nature already came up with the best way to punish a child, the closed hand fist, it worked great on me!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Great! Thanks for the link.

I wonder if its any good as a sex toy.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jake93

It is a real product. That Gizmodo would suggest using it on kids is not in the least bit humorous. Maybe you have never had to deal with abuse and do not realize the horrible and horrendous mental and physical effects of abuse upon people throughout society.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I'm gob smacked.. WTF

A bit different to the way my mum sorted out us kids. I am one of 5.

If we carried on all crazy mum would have us kids washing windows. One inside and one outside, washing the same window. You’d squirt each other with the Windex and then try and rub out each other’s face.
It wouldn’t take long and we would soon be laughing and playing happily together again.

Mum was pretty clever that way

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

I'm gob smacked.. WTF

A bit different to the way my mum sorted out us kids. I am one of 5.

If we carried on all crazy mum would have us kids washing windows. One inside and one outside, washing the same window. You’d squirt each other with the Windex and then try and rub out each other’s face.
It wouldn’t take long and we would soon be laughing and playing happily together again.

Mum was pretty clever that way

This is probably one of the best examples of inherent human wisdom that I have ever seen. Bravo for your Mother.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

what other way could we have chosen to degrade each other?

god, the only way it could be better is to have a sarah palin "action figure" administering the shocks as she chastises and berates me for being a 'bad republican' and telling me to "show me your hiney so mommy sarah can give you a punishment."

oh, my. i should go think about something else for a while.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
www.focalprice.com...

Adult shock toy, not for children or elders.

This is for adults... not children. Deny Ignorance.

I don't see the big deal here. It's a harmless shock. This falls in line with the shocking prank flashlight, and the shocking lighter, and the shocking fake computer mouse, and the shocking pen. All of them are harmless "toys".... mainly for adults or young adults.

The shock doesn't even hurt, it is just annoying. I own a shocking flashlight... I've pranked quite a few people with it. It's great.

The whole "shock you kids" thing is an exaggeration or sensationalism.
edit on 2-3-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wow,were can I get one of those!
It will sure put the fear in them other than the snapping the belt tactic!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Whatever happened to good ole nerf guns, and water cannons?

I also wonder if the popular laser tag game was the precurser to this?

IMHO, I would never ever want to be tased, all of the videos I have seen where people are tased
are horrific. I would never ever hope that anyone I knew would want a "practice taze".

What some people will do for a buck.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well now would this be great to give out to all the kids
that are being bullied by other kids.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
Great! Thanks for the link.

I wonder if its any good as a sex toy.

Depends on what your into...

Some things I really don't want to know...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Good parenting, as in your case, tends to get passed down to the children

Unfortunately bad parenting, as in other cases, does also

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I chase and shock my teens with my bug zapper tennis racket.....and just about everyone that comes over.

We own a few rackets and occasionally have zapper wars.

edit on 2-3-2011 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Whatever happened to good ole nerf guns, and water cannons?

I also wonder if the popular laser tag game was the precurser to this?

IMHO, I would never ever want to be tased, all of the videos I have seen where people are tased
are horrific. I would never ever hope that anyone I knew would want a "practice taze".

What some people will do for a buck.

I bought my son a huge nerf gun for his last birthday... nerf guns have reached incredible sophistication...

There are always good and innovative toys out there. Good parents will choose which toys their children have access to and teach good values.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Guys 'n gals, dewad your panties please. This is a joke, it's Gizmodo we're talking about here. I've been a Giz reader for well over five years and they do not condone child abuse. This "toy tazer" is one of those "shock gags", like the lighters that give you a shock when you try to use 'em. It's meant for adults.

Gizmodo was only being sarcastic as they have been numerous times before.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join