It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing dead: The sickening video that shows children recreating suicide bomber attacks as a playgro

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I hope this isn't coming to a playground near me...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Oh, come on- there are plenty of examples out there. You don't seriously think that there aren't bad apples everywhere? The bad apples either being the parents who made them act in such a way, or the child themselves.
For example, this case was highly publicised in the UK, about a year ago:
www.guardian.co.uk...

or this:
en.wikipedia.org...

I remember reading this article, not long ago, on here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This article speaks about the statistics and variety of crimes under 10s commit:
www.metro.co.uk...

The children in the first 3 links carried out crimes which were far worse than anything the children did in that video, but this isn't evidence of anything. It doesn't mean that this sort of thing is rife, in our culture. Although, relating to the third article, according to this link, there was over 12,000 murders, using firearms, in the USA, in 2007- so it is not quite as rare as you'd imagine. However, that, for the majority, at least, doesn't define the USA, does it? Admittedly, I believe the "He did that, so why can't I do it?" defence is wrong, and justifies nothing, but it at least shows that the western world is not whiter than white, and we have some pretty big problems of our own.

As others have said, looking back on the games, that many play, in our culture, they aren't much better. They still revolve around violence, and basically making a mockery out of death. Perhaps the criticism would be fair enough, if this wasn't the case. We are pretty destructive creatures, it seems, and it is in our nature to enjoy violence, in some way, regardless of our colour or creed.

My main issue was that this is one instance, to try and cite this as proof that Muslim children are doing this everywhere, is wrong. Additionally, trying to read anything more into this, other than that it is a game, seems a bit daft to me, too. Looking back, I used to sit in my garden slaughtering as many ants, or whatever other insects I could find, as a kid. I realise now, that was pretty sick. I didn't mean anything by it though, I didn't think about the greater implications of what I was doing- it was just for kicks. I wasn't acting out some pulling desire to kill, I didn't evolve into a sociopath. Perhaps in their case, it genuinely was something more, but to instantly assume that, is going down a pretty dangerous road.

Yes, I agree that suicide bombings are primarily linked to the Muslim world, but, statistically speaking, the % who of the population who carry out these attacks is very, very small. Remember, there are well over 1 billion Muslims, in the world. Here is a few examples of Muslims condemning suicide bombings, after literally a 90 second search on google:
www.timesonline.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.earthtimes.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.stockholmnews.com...
www.dailytimes.com.pk...

edit on 2-3-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Kids have always mimicked the adults around them.

Yes, it is usually horrible.

That is people for you. Why the shock?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
As a kid i played war games cops&robbers games hell even BJ & the bear games,why? because we were mimicking what we saw on TV , what concerns me is what are these kids mimicking ? are there suicide bomber films and TV shows in this country? This is not something kids make up in there own minds,say goodbye to family and friends,approach checkpoint, once challenged at checkpoint detonate bomb,then someone uncovers faces to show the dead to the camera,is it suicide bomber 101 class? this is learned behaviour and not a child's imagination,this role modelling plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yes, trainee suicide bombers.

Trainee everything.

That is what children learn.

But kids also learn amazingly great things. I have seen such heroism, such stoicism, such bravery, and so many people helping each other here in the Christchurch earthquakes - it is amazing.

And a lot of that came from all over the world. From highly trained people. And a lot of it came from untrained people.

So, people are good, and people are bad.

We cannot change our nature.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

I duno why but that last sentence totally cracked me up for some reason!

I wouldn't be suprised if this was created by an adult behind the camera as propaganda, but then again it could just be kids playing not really understanding these bombings.

To all the people comdeming these kids, do you really think that children can understand issues around such attacks that they have been exposed to for years? including bombings and being in the middle of battles between our forces and taliban? Ofcoarse they cant and I its harsh to judge any child who has had to live in such a conflict zone from a young age.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Believe it or not but this is the only way children can process the shocking images they have seen and experienced. It is not recommended for a parent or a supervisor to stop them to do so, as it is a way to handle this psychologically.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Dont you think that the media portrays muslims as all being violent by only reporting suicide bombings. When have you seen a report of muslims being good or doing good things. The media influences public opinion to support the military only, not the muslims we are at war with. If they report about the peaceful muslims it would swing public opinion the wrong way and that is the last thing they want to do.

You are simply buying into the bs that the msm force feeds us on a daily basis. Use some common sense.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

i love how one random video from some newspaper in england is enough 'evidence' for you to condemn an entire population of people spread out all over the world. if i could find a video of christian children playing smear the queer could we all finally agree that christianity is a violent cult spreading its brainwashing and lies? you act like because you've seen this video you understand cross-cultural differences in what is acceptable and what is not. I also love how it's fine, indeed normal, for you and your friends to pretend to kill each other as children, but it's different when it's muslims.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Have you heard of the Sufi?

No you haven't.

They are the most peaceful Muslims you will ever see.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join