It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Websites being blocked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hi all - I frequent a website called democraticunderground.com a lot of posts which crop up here come directly from there - it is not a competition conspiracy site, but rather a left leaning news forum.

Anyway - this site has been blocked - I have no idea how or why and was wondering if anyone here could confirm that it is in fact up, or down - and if anyone can tell me where to go from here in finding out what is going on - is due to Australia's banned lists ?

I have checked the site on

www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com...

Which tells you if the site is active and working for everyone else - or if it is only you who can't see it - and its just me.

I have used fidler and charles to check if anything is occuring on my machine and it is not - it is definitely something from either Google or else where - any help appreciated.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It won't load for me either, but this isn't necessarily a reason to be freaked out. I don't know where they are located but in my region we are having severe thunderstorms and tornadoes today. Could be something as simple as a power failure wherever they base their servers.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Works fine for me.

Maybe check your security settings or have a peek out the window for black vans.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
works fine from here "uk"

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

It works here in N.A. Possibly something blocked locally for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It loads through a seo text browser but is blocked on regular connection. They have this "b.barracuda central.org FAIL" I guess they are being blocked.
www.domaintools.com...

I guess b barracuda is a spam firewall of some kind. So they have been blacklisted. They probly have a cold I mean virus on one of there pages.

www.barracudacentral.org...
edit on 28-2-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
it doesnt load for me either. interesting

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
It loads through a seo text browser but is blocked on regular connection. They have this "b.barracuda central.org FAIL" I guess they are being blocked.
www.domaintools.com...

I guess b barracuda is a spam firewall of some kind. So they have been blacklisted. They probly have a cold I mean virus on one of there pages.

www.barracudacentral.org...
edit on 28-2-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Right that is interesting - barracuda is a spam virus which infects hosts and acts as a mail server - looks like they have been hit by hackers.

Democraticunderground is one of the biggest sites out there - between here and there no where else you need to go (maybe popurls.com) - but this is definitely being blocked - .

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia

Right that is interesting - barracuda is a spam virus which infects hosts and acts as a mail server - looks like they have been hit by hackers.

I wouldn't just automatically assume that
hackers did it.

A lot of political websites have
malicious code built into the page which
is intentional on their part. Maybe they just
got caught.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I tried to access it, the only way I could was via a cached version on google. last updated on Feb 26, 2011. Not sure why.

Democratic Undergroun Cache Feb 26, 2011

That is all I was able to access.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Think its back up.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Think its back up.

Still isn't for me mate

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Pinging Democraticunderground.com responded with "Could not find host"
Pinging the ip address 216.158.28.195... resulted in 4 "time outs" even though if you enter the address into the task bar you access the site.... interesting.
edit on 28-2-2011 by CoincidenceX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Think its back up.

This is the only way it will work for me on IE7 or FireFox. Some one is trying to block it but you can get around it by using the DNS number.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The numbers work for me but not the name. So it must be a blacklisting on them blocking there dns. Just try the numbers in your browser and it should work.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
it still doesn't respond like a running server should... even though it is clear accessible through the ip

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Since the IP address is working and the DNS is not i would suggest that the domain name has been blocked or hijacked. I think that considering it is hosting a barracuda mailer trojan as someone suggested it is being blocked.

This is really interesting - I emailed them and got no response.

This really is interesting.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Must be a DNS issue. I can access the site using the IP link you provided but can't access the site using the standard URL.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

Works fine for me in central Canada.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Heres a blacklist checker and Barracuda has blacklisted there website. you can check it by putting in there ip address 216.158.28.195. So they must have a virus that barracuda has found but 68 other virus checkers say they are in the clear.

whatismyipaddress.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join