It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioters target Seattle police, local businesses late Saturday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Coming to a city near you!

A group of 25 to 30 people, most dressed in black and wearing bandannas or masks, wreaked mayhem Saturday night in Seattle on Capitol Hill and the Denny Triangle, painting anti-police slogans, throwing flares at patrol cars and trashing several businesses, police said.

I searched and didn't find anything on this.
As always, MODS please delete if it is a duplicate.

Apparently this is "Old News" as it happened 2-26-11
but I didn't see or hear anything about this until today.
It is the "Corrected Version" which makes me wonder what the original version was.

This is EXACTLY what I knew we would start seeing here which is why I posted it.
America is going to start seeing unrest such as the Middle East is seeing.
It doesn't take a psychic to see this. Stevie Wonder could see it coming.

And of all things people could have been totally justified in rioting over, what was it the people of Seattle were rioting over?
The friggin Police.
These Cops keep pushing and pushing and it will be a miracle if the entire nation doesn't blow up in riots soon
just to show the people in power that we are the ones who LET them imagine that they have power.
It won't be long until the people of this country stop allowing others to pretend they have power anymore.

This would certainly appear to be a wake up call,
is anyone going to answer?
NOPE!

Edit to add:
As always, why is the MSM ignoring this? Why isn't this on the front page of every news outlet in the MSM?
I'll tell you why!
Because they don't want to fan the flames.
It is no different than N.Korea.
They figure that if they can keep it on the Down Low then people in other cities will not get any crazy ideas.
Tell me I'm wrong.

Link
edit on 28-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You are quite right that western countries such as the US and UK are no different to North Korea. We are repressed through alleged choice and alleged freedom. The people of the Middle East and North Africa were explicitly enslaved by our leaders to keep us enslaved and keep us making them richer. They have woken up, but now the real battle is on to stop the same forces from controlling them again.

Riots and protests have spread to Croatia in Eastern Europe. In the UK, and now in the US, we have had the Uncut protests against government spending cuts which are harmful to society and, ironically, the economy. For example, the Oscar winning film 'The King's Speech' was funded by the UK Film council, and has generated millions for the UK; this has now been cut. These protests are rarely reported, and if they are, it is negative. Likewise, the Wisconsin protests and the governor's links to secretive billionaires have scarcely been reported here, even in the left leaning media. Of course, I use the term left leaning media advisedly, as they are just part of the total spectrum dominance of information that the corporate capitalist classes have.

Fight the power.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already a thread about this.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

a large group gathered nearby at Boren Avenue and Howell Street, the intersection where Seattle police Officer Ian Birk fatally shot John T. Williams, a First Nations woodcarver, on Aug. 30. The area was the scene of a September protest.

The shooting was ruled unjustified, but prosecutors recently said they would not file criminal charges. Mayor Mike McGinn, meanwhile, declared Sunday John T. Williams Day.

Not only the Seattle Police (just as with most police agencies by now) harbors racist murderers as policemens and allow them to brutalize and kill defenseless individuals in the street, especially Native folks who rightfully live by their traditional ways... but the Justice system is not willing to prosecute them!

'bout friggin' time people do something about this on their own, as State repression will not stop with a few lawsuits that usually fall flat.

I wonder if the MSM's gonna cover the Red and Black revolution the same way they are covering these foreign color revolutions. Hmm... unlikely

edit on 28/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

This would certainly appear to be a wake up call, is anyone going to answer? NOPE!

I would tend to disagree, considering our country has had many developments that suggest out rage.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by anarchosyndicalist
reply to post by Screwed

You are quite right that western countries such as the US and UK are no different to North Korea.

Fight the power.

I'm sorry but that statement is so ridiculous I had to isolate it, How in the world can the US compare to North Korea in terms of oppression of freedom?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I greatly fear they compare very well in the comparison of the souls of their leaders.
The elite rulers have no feelings for the little people.We are simply figures on a flow chart and balance sheets to them,
Our extreme expendability has never before been quite so obvious to the people.
The world is experiencing one of thse emperor has no clothes moments which could very well exxplode into all kinds of situations.
This report of 30 black clad masked rioters sounds suspiciously like the police were out drumming up a little business to me....
We have seen all kinds of police rioting as agents provocateurs in civillian demonstrations around the world.
So many cases have been proven, that i immediately think police fifth column when they apear at demos now....
edit on 28-2-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Read the rest of my statement. Oppression is not always obvious. The illusion of freedom and choice is the main reason that Westerners will happily wander into poverty and allow coprocrats, kleptocrats and plutocrats to dominate them... They think they're free, therefore they must be.

At least, and it actually pains me to say this, most North Koreans will be aware that they are utterly and totally oppressed. Like I say - painful to say, as the way they live is disgustingly oppressive. However, so is ours, despite the fact we can say what we want, within narrowly defined parameters. That's why left/right paradigm exists... to allow 'dissent' within a tightly controlled framework.

WORD

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Update

Former SPD Officer Ian Birk Will Not Face Charges In Shooting Of Woodcarver
today.seattletimes.com...
Posted by Mark Higgins on January 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Federal prosecutors will not charge former Seattle police Officer Ian Birk in the shooting death of First Nations woodcarver John T. Williams.

Sources have confirmed that a grand jury reviewing the Aug. 30, 2010, shooting determined it could not charge the officer in the death.

The Department of Justice last April announced it would review the shooting after King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg said that state law precluded him from charging former Seattle Police Officer Ian Birk with a crime.

The federal investigation examined whether former Officer Ian Birk violated the civil rights of Williams when he shot and killed him on a downtown city sidewalk. Williams, who was a well-known public inebriate and was hard of hearing, did not respond to Birk’s repeated demands that he drop a pocket knife he was carrying. A department review of the shooting found that Birk acted outside the department’s “policy, tactics and training” when he shot Williams four times just seconds after exiting his police vehicle.
today.seattletimes.com...

edit on 1/13/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

new topics

top topics

join