It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Herman Cain lead the pack in Tea Party Patriots straw poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Texas Rep. Ron Paul and former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain led a presidential straw poll among Tea Party members released on Sunday, with former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin trailing in third place.

In the poll, which surveyed about 1,600 members of the Tea Party Patriots group at a convention in Phoenix, Paul led with 581 votes as the preferred Republican candidate to run against President Obama in the 2012 presidential election. (Paul, a libertarian favorite, also won a presidential straw poll at February's Conservative Political Action Conference.)

Cain, a Georgia businessman and conservative columnist, followed with 256 votes.
CBS NEWS

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hello Guys,

Just found this and thought it was worthy posting.

We have some good news, Ron Paul is getting a lot of attention compared to other candidates and it doesn't seem like the MSM is steam rolling him like in 2007/2008. Is this a good sign?

Oh and better news, Palin came in third.
at least Ron Paul doesn't have much of a challenge in the GOP right now... maybe that's why he won?

Look at the online results compared to the actual results. Why is there a difference between the CBS results and the results that they show here?? Unless this is a different event...

Ron's speech

EDIT:

I figured out why the first video shows a different result. It is the same event, but that was just the online poll vs the live poll. there were other poll results that were not shown in that video. I am still waiting for other results to pop up on youtube, but dont see anything yet... at least videos that are not horribly recorded.
edit on 2/28/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It scares me that Ron Paul seems to suddenly be getting a lot of support from a lot of people, just like Obama did.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ron Paul, appears to be the only one truly fighting for our liberties...

his books, End the Fed, and Revolution, a manifesto, are really good reads, i highly recommend them.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I really like Herman Cain, listened to his radio show alot.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks to outlets like ATS, AJ, genesis commincations network, and republic broadcasting, and shortwave stations like WWCR, people are waking up

Ron Pauls support is groundswell, unlike Obama who was chosen and hyped.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
In every account that I have witnessed Ron Paul, he explains in plain english why the economy is in the shape it is and what needs to be done.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

True

he is a true libertarian...

He may say those things, but people in the end wont vote for him.

That is because the media never give him the limelight that he deserves.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

To a degree I would agree with you. Mostly in 2008. But now, things are different. The people who once thought of Obama as the coming messiah, now see him for what he truly is....an empty suit. So with that, many voters believe it or not, ( and not based off of some sham of a poll ), but many articles, and conventions that have Ron Paul, have had an astounding showing, and backing for Ron. He is gaining mo-menumum! lol

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
there is no way that ron paul or a person like ron paul would be able to get on the ticket for people to vote for potus. i wish it was a lot of what he says needs to be done makes sense but the powers that be would never let that happen.

so there are only a few outcomes

1. he not on the ticket to vote for
2. he is there on the ticket but not the winner of the vote sorta like the bush/gore deal or just not voted for at all
3. he gets in but dosent do anything he talked about all these years and plays by the rules he is told to play by like other potus have done in history.
4. he gets and starts to do what needs to be done but winds up like jfk or other potus that dont play by the rules

there will a new potus in 2012 unless the rockstar obama ratings go way up . but it really dosnet matter who it is they all do the same thing nohting has changed to help the people of the u.s. for decades sadly

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JO-ET

Well he is going to run for the GOP if he keeps up and not as a third party candidate.

He didint run as a third party candidate last time.... i dont think he would do it this time.

and the people who keep saying he cant win are the ones who discourage others voting for him!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by JO-ET

Well he is going to run for the GOP if he keeps up and not as a third party candidate.

He didint run as a third party candidate last time.... i dont think he would do it this time.

and the people who keep saying he cant win are the ones who discourage others voting for him!

He'll never win if he keeps getting coverage like this: dailypaul.com... from the MSM...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

He'll never win if he keeps getting coverage like this

On the contrary, I think its issues like you suggested ( video ) that only allowed for more attention to be drawn towards Ron, especially when FOX admitted to * SNIPPING * up. It added more attention to his cause by doing so. But thats only my perspective~

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

If i remember correctly... fox had to apologize because of the online uproar about that deception.

If people call them on it and show up at the polls and actually vote for him, then yes he can win.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Very much so...I mean come on? Are ppl really going to take Trump serious? He stated that Ron couldn't get elected, thats like saying, Trump can't comb his hair like a normal person, much less can't run a company into the ground~

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Trump may be right, as much as I hate to say it. People who visit boards like these love Ron Paul, but most people I talk to usually have no clue about anything he's ever said and are convinced that he doesn't matter.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Considering that the amount of people on the net have found Ron Paul, and most of his backers and numbers are from the internet, I would be curious to see what people you talk too?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Some people around here are familiar with him and compare him to Nader as being a third party and always saying he wont win.... and never vote for him for that reason. If everyone liked what he has to say and how he would like to run things, then why keep saying he is unelectable and vote for someone else? Easy, they are afraid of 'wasting' their vote.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Thanks to outlets like ATS, AJ, genesis commincations network, and republic broadcasting, and shortwave stations like WWCR, people are waking up

Ron Pauls support is groundswell, unlike Obama who was chosen and hyped.

Alot of his votes came from those who flat out refused to vote for that freaky stiff-armed Arizona dude.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The only person I'm interested in is Ron Paul for President.

I can't wait until he declares so I can go out and volunteer!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join