It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Had An Alien Encounter - Would You Report It?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
1) Not all moonshine is crap. I've tasted moonshine that was smoother and better-tasting than Courvoisier. If you can get past the idea that the good stuff comes in Mason jars (the cheap stuff comes in plastic milk jugs), you are in for a treat.

2) Not all rednecks are idiots. Some of my wisest colleagues live, by choice, in "the sticks", and wouldn't have it any other way. Some of the best minds in the U.S. are "hillbillies".

3) UFOs are not proof of alien life. They are evidence that advanced-technology craft maneuver over the skies of earth. There's a difference.

At one time, UFOs were considered a possible threat to national security. Now they are not.

The reason? Air and space supremacy.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Honestly if i saw a grey or something Im quite sure i would initially be terrified.
As a fantasy though it would be cool if you could create an amicable relationship with them. Hopefully you might have something they like or need and they might at least give you a ride in the ship. If you got a really good relationship going they might give you some of their lesser technologies. Heck, and fantasy on full bore, perhaps they could teach you very advanced physics. (You would have to treat what they taught you with some skepticism, everything in the Universe probably has it's own agenda)

Edit. PS. No I sure wouldn't report it to THIS government, unless I thought the Aliens were out to get me. Better to be classified as crazy and alive, then sane and dead or mysteriously disappeared.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by slank]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I did once see something in the sky (about 10years ago), at night, that didn't seem right in the way and speed it moved. I never reported it to the police/authorities. Have you seen the way people are treated when they are honest-please! The problem with reporting it here is since this board is observed by the gov, you are indirectly telling the gov.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
[...]The problem with reporting it here is since this board is observed by the gov, you are indirectly telling the gov.

This board is monitored? Perish the thought.

(P.S. That's why I never comment about things I actually know something about.)

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
1) Not all moonshine is crap. I've tasted moonshine that was smoother and better-tasting than Courvoisier. If you can get past the idea that the good stuff comes in Mason jars (the cheap stuff comes in plastic milk jugs), you are in for a treat.

2) Not all rednecks are idiots. Some of my wisest colleagues live, by choice, in "the sticks", and wouldn't have it any other way. Some of the best minds in the U.S. are "hillbillies".

3) UFOs are not proof of alien life. They are evidence that advanced-technology craft maneuver over the skies of earth. There's a difference.

At one time, UFOs were considered a possible threat to national security. Now they are not.

The reason? Air and space supremacy.

Did you think I was making fun of redneck hillbillies, I was not being as I am one. But the rest of the world thinks we are all straight off the set of the Beverly Hillbillies. Glad you know better. As for moonshine, my uncle was murdered by revenuers in Jan 1949.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'd tell my close friends, etc. but no, I wouldn't report it. I wouldn't put myself in a position of ridicule, etc. just to have the account end up in a file cabinet somewhere... I'd also talk about it if I was anonymous (i.e. like sharing my experience here, hehe...), but no, no reporting to big brother...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Thanks for all the answers, guys
. It really makes for some interesting speculations on how many have actually had a close encounter without reporting it. The fact that the majority wouldn't report it to the authorities can also be seen as serious critizism to the powers that be. Maybe the members on ATS doesn't count as a represenative of people in general, maybe they do. But it's still very interesting.

Maybe the most credible witnesses have yet to come forth...

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Maybe the most credible witnesses have yet to come forth...

I think that this is possibly very true. I know that for me, it would all depend on the situation at the time. I would not be scared, but be very excited if it did happen. But, if there was absolutely no proof of the meeting, I would keep it a total secret. If I was able to communicate and fnd out that they want it secret, i probably would not say anything as well. I may share it on this board though.
But, I would not report it to the authorities. Is this LAW for real? www.v-j-enterprises.com...
Just wacky if it is! I guess this will keep anyone from reporting on it.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I so agree with goose!! I might tell a few people, but most definately NOT the police or news people. The few times I have had to relate details of even common events ( auto accidents, nursing home violations, etc.) my version of events is at best, ignored and at worst, ridiculed. I have learned not to stick my neck out too far!! As another poster mentioned, this attitude seems to be fairly common. Does this mean there are many more encounters than those that are actually reported?? Now I'm worried.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by frayed1]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'd tell my close friends, etc. but no, I wouldn't report it. I wouldn't put myself in a position of ridicule, etc. just to have the account end up in a file cabinet somewhere... I'd also talk about it if I was anonymous (i.e. like sharing my experience here, hehe...), but no, no reporting to big brother...

I'd tend to believe that's what most rational people would do. Me? I would be selfish with my knowledge and keep it to myself.

There's a good quote, and I believe Lao Tse said it, "Those who speak do not know- Those who know do not speak."

Quinn

top topics

<< 1   >>

join