It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this power your house FREE and get you off the grid!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Be warned!

What I am about to reveal to you is alien technology and reversed engineered by black ops to provide every household with free energy.

Ok, I'm slightly exaggerating, but it sounded cool.

Ive just been reading about how something so simple and primitive could power a house and get you off the grid and put a stop to never-ending and rising power bills.

A water wheel attached to each house.

No gimmicks or gadgets or technology buried by the powers that be.

The waterwheel produces one to two kilowatts of power and generates at least 24 kilowatt hours of sustainable green energy in a day, just under the average household’s daily consumption of around 28 kilowatt hours.

Personally my house uses 24 kilowatts or under.

And if you were creative about it, it wouldn't have to be an eyesore on your house because you could dig a hole and store it underground.

Also I should mention you need a running stream near your house, but this can be overcome I'm sure with a pump powered by the wheel or attaching a car battery or something? Can anyone provide an alternative theory to this?

www.off-grid.net...

Theories or constructive criticism please, lets work together and see what we can come up with.

edit on 25-2-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 26/2/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I like the idea of a water wheel.
You can have the pump hooked up to solar or wind also
One thing you could add to the water wheel is an integrated aquaponics system to grow vegetables and fish.
Taking a huge chunk out of the food and energy payments.
Some other things to think about are
Eco housing/modular habitats
Solar
Wind
Hydro
Aquaponics
Water storage systems
Green houses
Peace and live with nature

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
wow you are a genius. This will solve the worlds problem of energy!

Wait... if only everyone had a steam next to their house. Too bad that is less then 1% of houses, I would say 0.01%

Someone give this guy a high five!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder

Also I should mention you need a running stream near your house, but this can be overcome I'm sure with a pump powered by the wheel or attaching a car battery or something.

www.off-grid.net...

Theories or constructive criticism?

I would definitely do this if I had running water nearby. I don't think an electric pump would work - the amount of electricity used by the pump would equal the amount generated, minus any frictional (heat) losses. However, there are gravity fed pumps - like hydraulic ram pumps that might be able to fill a tank without using any of the electricity you produce. This tank could be located far enough up hill to give you enough pressure to run the wheel to charge your batteries if the natural source didn't have the volume on its own.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

What part of pump powered by the wheel itself to continuously keep it turning didn't you understand?

Or like A por uvas mentioned, the pump powered by a solar panel.

High five the person who doesn't think outside the square....NOT.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Oh hello Creepy

S&F. I also like this idea, It would work well with other methods.
I love how people get an idea and then follow through with it.

edit on 25/2/11 by Whateva69 because: i needed to

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The waterwheel produces one to two kilowatts of power and generates at least 24 kilowatt hours of sustainable green energy in a day, just under the average household’s daily consumption of around 28 kilowatt hours.

...Not every water wheel provides the same amount of power, it depends on the size of the wheel and the rate of flow of the water. Most people don't have a river that could generate that much power running next to their house. Even if they did, each wheel extracting energy from the moving water decreases the energy availible to the next person; there couldn't be a bunch of water wheels in a row all generating substantial power.

And if you were creative about it, it wouldn't have to be an eyesore on your house because you could dig a hole and store it underground.

It would have to be where the running water is.

Also I should mention you need a running stream near your house, but this can be overcome I'm sure with a pump powered by the wheel or attaching a car battery or something.

Theories or constructive criticism?

A pump powered by the wheel pumping the water that is driving the wheel??? That's a loop, and it can only lose energy. The wheel can't produce more energy than it extracts from the moving water. Since all real systems are less than 100% efficient, the set-up you describe will run out of energy very quickly and will not be able to power anything.

As for the car battery solution, you would be better off using the battery to power your household devices directly. Using it to power a pump which powers a stream which powers a waterwheel which powers your house is hugely inefficient.

Using a solar panel or anything else to power a pump which pumps water to power a wheel is inane. Use the solar panel or other power source to power your devices directly. Any additional convolutions serve only to decrease efficiency.
edit on 2/25/11 by OnceReturned because: Add.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Sorry you can not do that. It is a law of Physics - Conservation of Energy because the water wheel can not do a 100% power conversion.

Here is what would work. (I have been thinking about it)

If you do not have a stream with at least a 4 ft drop, you can create two ponds at two different levels with the 4 ft drop between, line the ponds with bentonite clay or cement. Place the water wheel between them. Use a windmill to move the water between the two ponds.

The ponds act as a giant storage battery and allow you to even out the energy generated by the wind.

(The farm Show mag Vol II has plans for two foot drop generator as well as some designs for wind mills) www.farmshow.com...

How much energy would depend on the amount of wind and the number of windmills, the size of the ponds and the generator.

Homemade Wind Turbine: greenterrafirma.com...

Professional windmills: windenergy7.com...

Practical Answers Wind Power, Technical briefs: practicalaction.org...

...The Archimedes screw , also known as Archimedes' screw, the Archimedean screw or the screwpump is a machine historically used for transferring water from a low-lying body of water into irrigation ditches...

The Archimedes' Screw basically consists of a screw inside a hollow pipe. The screw is turned usually by a windmill or by manual labor. As the bottom end of the tube turns, it scoops up a volume of water. This amount of water will slide up in the spiral tube as the shaft is turned, until it finally pours out from the top of the tube and feeds the irrigation systems.... (see Photos) en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Thanks for your reply!

What if the bigger wheel were divided into say 10 small wheels, stacked up ontop of each other and droping water onto the one below. Surely A wheel this small could be fitted with something to keep the water flowing without the need for a river or stream...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

What part of pump powered by the wheel itself to continuously keep it turning didn't you understand?

What part of physics don't you understand. Powering a pump powered by the wheel to keep the wheel turning cannot possibly work. It violates the laws of physics. Don't you think that if the answer were this simple everyone would be doing it by now? This is basic high school physics.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I don’t know how it works, but in our house our roof collects rain water It runs into our downpipes and the water runs back up another pipe and falling into our water tank.

With water going down and up and down again without any power. I don’t how it does this, but I’m grateful it does.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

There is always an answer!

Maybe my theory wouldn't work, big deal, we aren't all as smart as you I'm sure.

But its threads like these which somebody may have a moment of clarity thinking about it and come up with something that works.

I never claimed to revolutionize the world, I simply asked for theories like the fantastic people other than yourself provided here.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

What part of physics don't you understand. Powering a pump powered by the wheel to keep the wheel turning cannot possibly work.

You are correct. You can not have an engine with an efficiency greater than 100%. Usually it is between 20 and 60%

conservation of energy n. A principle stating that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant regardless of changes within the system. www.thefreedictionary.com...

In general, energy conversion efficiency is the ratio between the useful output of a device and the input, in energy terms. For thermal efficiency, the input, Q_[in] \,, to the device is heat, or the heat-content of a fuel that is consumed. The desired output is mechanical work, W_[out] \,, or heat, Q_[out] \,, or possibly both. Because the input heat normally has a real financial cost, a memorable, generic definition of thermal efficiency is[1]

\eta_[th] \equiv \frac[\text[What you get out]][\text[What you put in]].

From the first law of thermodynamics, the energy output can't exceed the input, so

0 \le \eta_[th] \le 1

When expressed as a percentage, the thermal efficiency must be between 0% and 100%. Due to inefficiencies such as friction, heat loss, and other factors, thermal engines' efficiencies are typically much less than 100%. For example, a typical gasoline automobile engine operates at around 25% efficiency, and a large coal-fueled electrical generating plant peaks at about 46%. The largest diesel engine in the world peaks at 51.7%. In a combined cycle plant, thermal efficiencies are approaching 60%.[2] Such a real-world value may be used as a figure of merit for the device.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I didn't have time to read everyones replys so sorry if somebody are said this but in every state I've lived in so far it's illegal to put any turbine/waterwheel/generator on any type of creek/river...And Game Wardons Are Everywhere!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Or like A por uvas mentioned, the pump powered by a solar panel.

High five the person who doesn't think outside the square....NOT.

hello

please see my diatribe on thermodynamics in the phllipino freenergy car thread (I needed to bury myself inthe web for a bit( expensive camera and lens on a tripod fell over in the wind today, needed a diversion but now I'm bored retyping stuff and being called "close minded".:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

its like an electric motor spinning a generator to power an electric motor turning the generator. Plenty of people smarter than any of us have proven you never get out more than you put in."Period" end of discussion. Embrace the box. its a small but versatile space.

edit on 25-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArieZ

in every state I've lived in so far it's illegal to put any turbine/waterwheel/generator on any type of creek/river..

Why am I not surprised????

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
these people are moving water without power. i don't know if its relevent though.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
OP is set for some sort of apocolypse if he does this then!

Great idea, simple tech, great answer!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

its like an electric motor spinning a generator to power an electric motor turning the generator. Plenty of people smarter than any of us have proven you never get out more than you put in."Period" end of discussion. Embrace the box. its a small but versatile space.

Ok, well put my other recent thread into your pipe and smoke it then, haha!

Free energy machine.

The results of the generator were verified by independent engineers from SGS Australia following a test earlier this year, which confirmed the energy output from the generator was indeed greater than its input. Mr Christie said he and Mr Brits were currently working on a production prototype to suit the domestic market, which they hoped to produce locally. "If we go with our plan now, there is no reason why it couldn’t be available in Australia in two years," he said.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by ArieZ

in every state I've lived in so far it's illegal to put any turbine/waterwheel/generator on any type of creek/river..

Why am I not surprised????

Thatssimply because to do that "you" usually build a dam or pond to store water and build up a alot of "head pressure" elevation difference or"rise") between entering and leaving"your system" But it screws people and fish downstream.
there are plenty of off- gridders on "micro-hydro" pickup a copy of "home power magazine. instead of or in addition to charging a battery bank with solar and small scale wind they build small turbines to spin the alternators or generators :

homepower.com...

small hydro design considerations:

homepower.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join