It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Has Short Ribs for Dinner

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In the grand scheme of things it is nothing. Even the most health conscious have a splurge of fat now and then. Now if it becomes a regular thing where she's saying "eat healthy", "cut back", etc, etc.. and then constantly not doing that herself it would be a valid point to bring up.

Like if an "anti-homosexual" politician got caught with his male lover.
Like if an environmental crusader left a huge carbon footprint and was careless about the environment.
Like if in times of economic hardship while telling the populace to cut back the administration took frequent and lavish vacations...

Not that any of those ever happen..

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by macman

Give it a rest!!

I have never seen her act like she is above all. You people just have a problem because of who she is. I could careless what she eats.

Just because she says we should look out for obesity it doesn't mean she has to starve herself and not indulge when she wants. This country, AMERICA, is full of fatties plain and simple. People are lazy and don't want to do anything to make themselves healthier instead they complain about those who suggest they change their diet.

I get this crap as well. I'm thin and exercise and I dont stuff my face full of junk but god for bid I tell someone with weight issues hen it is all my fault they are fat. Sorry it's not my fault people can't control what they put in their mouths. Michelle isn't saying anything bad when it comes to our health and ribs won't kill you but if you stuff your face with them every day then yeah you will have issues.

Lighten up!

Um, no.
I am tired of people in the Govt giving advice, then when the advice falls on deaf ears, having policy implemented to push that advice on us.
If she wants to eat milk shakes, fries and hamburgers, I don't care.
I am tired of hearing her and other govt peoples preaching about when we can and can't eat.
And then having the same people talk about cutting back, yet having lavish dinner parties and so on.
While Rome is burning, Nero is planning the great games.
I do not need nor want the Govt handing out more mandates for everyone's daily life.
Whether it is the pres, his wife, a senator or mayor. Stay out of my life.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
OP- you fail.

First off, just because someone eats short ribs does not mean they are not eating healthy. It is beef. If you eat a steak, does that mean you are contributing to obesity? No it does not. Beef is protein, this is no big deal. This may come as a shock to you, but people who are not obese eat Steaks, Ribs, Chicken, Cookies, Cupcakes, and all types of other things. So do obese people. None of it by itself is a big deal, what matters is the quantity in which you eat these foods and frequency.

Secondly, why does anyone care what Michelle Obama eats? She speaks out against obesity, great, but still... who really gives a crap? Is what she eats going to do something to my taxes? No. Is the food she eats going to bring peace to the middle east? I doubt that highly. This is completely a non issue and it is just the type of thing small minded voters get stuck on instead of looking at real issues.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

OP- you fail.

First off, just because someone eats short ribs does not mean they are not eating healthy. It is beef. If you eat a steak, does that mean you are contributing to obesity? No it does not. Beef is protein, this is no big deal. This may come as a shock to you, but people who are not obese eat Steaks, Ribs, Chicken, Cookies, Cupcakes, and all types of other things. So do obese people. None of it by itself is a big deal, what matters is the quantity in which you eat these foods and frequency.

That's right. That's why she should be more aware of the fact that the public eye is on her 24x7, and that the simple minds watch her and emulate her every move, often to excess. "Oh, Michelle eats ribs. That means I can have that extra helping of fatty meats, and another baked potato with butter and sour cream on top. It's OK, cuz Michelle is eating ribs."

She should eat her ribs in her hotel room, out of the public eye. She's too stupid and arrogant to know otherwise.

Secondly, why does anyone care what Michelle Obama eats? She speaks out against obesity, great, but still... who really gives a crap?

You do, otherwise you wouldn't be responding to this thread. You and the simple minds that voted for her hubby last time and will do it again. You want to defend Mah-Belle, Barry's baby mama.
You ignore the hippo- cracy she exudes.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I dined on short ribs in a honey bbq sauce tonight and it was succulent!

Michelle can eat whatever she wants IMO

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I don't care what she eats but wonder why she wouldn't utilise the chef she probably has with her..

And just how many vacations does a first lady get??
Seems it's every second month atleast and all at tax payer expense while telling us we may have a Government shut down..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
That's right. That's why she should be more aware of the fact that the public eye is on her 24x7, and that the simple minds watch her and emulate her every move, often to excess. "Oh, Michelle eats ribs. That means I can have that extra helping of fatty meats, and another baked potato with butter and sour cream on top. It's OK, cuz Michelle is eating ribs."

She should eat her ribs in her hotel room, out of the public eye. She's too stupid and arrogant to know otherwise.

So it would be ok for her to eat a salad in public, just not ribs? What about fruit? A burger? Pizza?

Your argument is absurd at best. I do not know anyone who is doing anything because Michelle Obama did it too. Plus, how does having a meal mean other people will gorge themselves? Because suddenly the first lady had ribs means I forgot how to eat like a normal person? All you are doing is looking for something to complain about and there are much better things you can choose than what someone has for lunch.

Secondly, why does anyone care what Michelle Obama eats? She speaks out against obesity, great, but still... who really gives a crap?

You do, otherwise you wouldn't be responding to this thread. You and the simple minds that voted for her hubby last time and will do it again. You want to defend Mah-Belle, Barry's baby mama.
You ignore the hippo- cracy she exudes.

Actually, I did not respond to this thread or read it because I was curious about what Michelle Obama was eating. I actually found the title odd and wondered what it was about. I was thinking short ribs was maybe a metaphor. I responded because I found it to be so incredibly stupid, I just couldn't help myself.

Now one thing I feel I need to make perfectly clear to you, and others like you, is that I really do not mind if you call me simple minded. I am sure at times maybe I am. However I found it truly insulting that you would insinuate I voted for Obama for President and I find it completely unacceptable that you would suggest that he will have my vote in the upcoming elections. For that you should apologize.

I feel no need to defend Barrack Obama or Michelle Obama, however on this issue I think you are reaching. Richard Simmons has spent a majority of his life preaching exercise and fighting obesity, but I do not see anyone up in arms if he eats a cheese burger one time. Doing so would not make him a hypocrite and it does not make Michelle Obama a hypocrite either. Now if her diet was nothing but ribs, cheeseburger, fast food and cupcakes then I would say you have a point.

I used to work out and do my best to take very good care of myself. I know many people who still do. Even at my peak of fitness, I would still eat ribs, steaks, burgers, fast food, cake, doughnuts, pizza. I would pick two days out of the week in which I would eat anything I wanted. The other 5 days a week, I was careful and very selective. It is known as a "cheat day" and by restricting those types of foods from my diet it allowed me to still enjoy them in moderation, and that is the key... MODERATION. So Michelle Obama eating ribs... one time... hardley makes her a hypocrite on this issue. There is a nice long list of things you call the Obama's hypocrites about, but this is not one of them.
edit on 22-2-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
,I thought i was logged in to ats ,but i am obviously confused and ended up on a forum that has its roots at the supermarket checkout .Well while i am here ,does anyone have the recipe for making short ribs?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This thread just goes to show the contempt at having an African American family in the white house. was the diet of any other first lady analysed in the same manner? I hope Obama loses the next election so this madness can stop. I hope you get a good ole neocon Republican.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Ask and ye shall recieve:

www.foodnetwork.com... d-buffalo-short-ribs-recipe/index.html

www.grouprecipes.com... s.html

www.thebuffaloguys.com...

To elevate an otherwise pointless thread into at least some usefulness I offer these.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I wonder what she had for pudding...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This thread just goes to show the contempt at having an African American family in the white house. was the diet of any other first lady analysed in the same manner? I hope Obama loses the next election so this madness can stop. I hope you get a good ole neocon Republican.

No no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!
99.999% of people don't care what color she is, I for one could care less.

It is the fact that someone within the Govt is saying one thing and doing another.
I am sooooo tired of it.
Govt, stay out of my life!
That includes any and all first ladies.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Would love to jump in on this, but I'll leave my comments about the Obama regime soley on policy.

What they eat, where they eat, what they wear is entirely up to them.

I don't know their dietary issues, nor do I care. So I'll allow them this act of being human, ribs are friggin' awesome. Especially with fries and a cold beer.

Peace.
Beez.

I would agree with you EXCEPT for the fact that the taxpayers are paying for her and her kids to go on vacation, eat out, and have security details 24/7. The Obama presidency will come to be known as the Vacation Presidency as they spend more time away from the White House than in it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The Obama presidency will come to be known as the Vacation Presidency as they spend more time away from the White House than in it.

No, that would still be the Bush regime.

For all the Michelle Obama haters, at least her worst trait has been - god forbid - eating red meat. Oh the HORROR!.

At least she didn't MURDER someone in a drunk driving accident like LAURA BUSH.

Again, M.O. is raising awareness of childhood obesity, and some are so blinded by political hatred they can't even agree with her on that. What a joke.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
,I thought i was logged in to ats ,but i am obviously confused and ended up on a forum that has its roots at the supermarket checkout .Well while i am here ,does anyone have the recipe for making short ribs?

Actually I do... feel free to u2u me and I will give you a recipe.

This thread just goes to show the contempt at having an African American family in the white house. was the diet of any other first lady analysed in the same manner?

Wow the race card already?? Guess for some it never gets old. This has nothing go do with black people. Can you recall any other First Lady who has spoken out as much as Michelle about people being too fat? I can not. Although I find this whole topic to be nothing short of silly, it does make sense why for some it is an issue.

No no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!! 99.999% of people don't care what color she is, I for one could care less. It is the fact that someone within the Govt is saying one thing and doing another. I am sooooo tired of it. Govt, stay out of my life! That includes any and all first ladies.

I don't even think this is a real case of doing one thing and saying another.. it is ONE MEAL. Even the most strict diets allow for cheat days. One meal is no big deal. One meal will not push you over the edge of physically fit to fat cow. It does nto happen like that. It is about habits. If you continuously eat high fat foods you will get fat. If you eat a high fat food once a week, chances are you will not see any real effects from eating a high fat dish.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I don't even think this is a real case of doing one thing and saying another.. it is ONE MEAL. Even the most strict diets allow for cheat days. One meal is no big deal.

It's one meal that you know about. The fact that she rushed to stuff her face with it gives the sense that fatty meats are part of her regular diet.

Who cares? Not me. It's just the fact that she will use her marital status to funnel our tax dollars to further her favorite causes is what irks me. She uses her wifedom to tell the masses how to eat while she is pigging out on junk food.

One meal will not push you over the edge of physically fit to fat cow. It does nto happen like that. It is about habits. If you continuously eat high fat foods you will get fat. If you eat a high fat food once a week, chances are you will not see any real effects from eating a high fat dish.

And I get the feeling that eating poorly is more than an occasional event with Mah-belle. Maybe it's the two axe-handle capris she squeezes into, I dunno. I just wish she would stop trying to appear as this role model when most people are laughing at her behind her back.
edit on 22-2-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of something I'd read on a gossip site.
Maybe a brief topic on "The View" or something silly from "Perez Hilton".

The only think I have to say about the First Lady eating short-ribs is that I wish I had a chance to get a few.
They're actually pretty good.

Beyond that...who cares?

She's never said she was a vegan, did she?

- Lee

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

I would agree with you EXCEPT for the fact that the taxpayers are paying for her and her kids to go on vacation, eat out, and have security details 24/7.

This has what to do with the fact that she ate short ribs?
It's an insult to the American people...how?

Matt Drudge dishes out the cues like a champion puppeteer.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
WHO CARES? Being the first lady doesn't mean s***.

If only that were true in actuality.

Being the first lady can mean that you will subsequently become a senator, presidential nominee, and secretary of state, purely based upon being an ex-POTUS's wife.

Prepare for Michelle Obama to become a future high-ranking political figure in the wacky world that is the USA's nepotistic and dynastic political system.

edit on 22-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This thread just goes to show the contempt at having an African American family in the white house. was the diet of any other first lady analysed in the same manner?

You're the one who is putting a racially biased slant on this thread.

While I'm not sure that Michelle Obama's dinner is that important in the grand scheme of things, the OP appears to be focusing on the opulence of the President's wife amid a time of comparative economic hardship for many citizens of the USA.

You have no idea what race a poster is, so why are you even making these insinuations about them ?
I know this may come as a shock to you, but it is actually possible to criticise a person who happens to be African American without race being the motivating factor behind the criticism.

While I'm sure that some people are prejudiced against the Obamas for this reason, It's people like you who are equally as racist by evidently defining and classing a person along superficial racial lines.

Your mind must trigger a Mrs Obama=black reaction in your mind, which strongly suggests a mindset where race is at the forefront of your thoughts when judging people.

When I read this thread, I didn't even consciously think of Michelle Obama's ethnicity until you brought it up.

edit on 23-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join