It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kayakers snap photo of England’s version of the ‘Loch Ness Monster’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Kayakers took a photo of what they said appeared to be a giant snake like creature that has seal like skin swimming in Lake Windermere. Sightings have been reported for the last five years. This is the best picture of the "monster" taken so far . Bring on the opinions.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 19-2-2011 by logicalthinking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
yeah, but it just looks like a giant floating turd.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Here, I embedded it for you:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a71954d7ec0e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

It figures, even though it's 2011 and I can take 10 megapixel pictures, these guys only had a cell phone camera it seems. As usual, England is shrouded in fog as well.

Honestly, I'm not sure what it is, but it is leaving a wake which tells me it's moving. Either that, or there is a pretty strong current in this lake.

And for heaven's sake! Why did they only take one picture!!
edit on 19-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: add line

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

i agree a giant floating turd but then the question becomes what left that ... giant floating turd lol

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkpassenger23
reply to post by MMPI2

i agree a giant floating turd but then the question becomes what left that ... giant floating turd lol

that turd isnt anything special ... you should see what gets left behind after I go out bar hopping on saturday night.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
...the humps look like floaters (balloons) used to keep a heavy duty trot-line elevated... maybe it only appears to be something alive moving thru the water cuz someone on shore (or in a boat) is pulling in the trot-line...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...the humps look like floaters (balloons) used to keep a heavy duty trot-line elevated... maybe it only appears to be something alive moving thru the water cuz someone on shore (or in a boat) is pulling in the trot-line...

Your observation makes alot of sense. Notice that the lead hump is the lowest in the water and each following one is a little higher. That is exactly what you would expect to happen if someone was towing or pulling on a line somewhere out of the picture.

edit on 19-2-2011 by tsawyer2 because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

That picture was taken in Canada.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's the real thread.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

That picture was taken in Canada.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's the real thread.

Pred...

Well then, now we have to figure out how this creature got from Canada to England! Just kidding, I'm off to a different post now. Thanks Pred....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
yeah, but it just looks like a giant floating turd.

Yeah, what you said. At least it wasn't blurry from shaking the thing around like a 2 year old.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

It could be someone pulling the line but not from a boat. There is no wake in front of the first (hump) or object. If it were a boat there would be disturbance in the water from the boat wake. This is the first thing I look for in these types of pics.

join