It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK, blind as a bat?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wongy
Sorry for my english, i didnt think a few mistakes would mean much, suppose i am a design student and when the times i do type is with auto check haha and also the iphone isnt very good with typing on!

Maybe I could suggest you use English UK, "retard" is an Americanism, and not a very welcome expression here, is arrogantly and inappropriately used. I'm sorry if all your mates read "The Sun" etc, maybe they should not bother with the newspapers and use the internet instead. BTW, you said you used to be arrogant, you still come across as that.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by prolific

im a Scott living in Australia some people are aware of what goes on but most that i can see are more interested in * sport and the rest of the mundane things around them. back in the day when i was at college in the UK people were more aware its hard to comprehend how things have deteriorated i suppose it will get to the point the new revolution VIV LA SPORT ----

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
the UK and western civilization is essentially a capitalist monopoly, keeping the populus focused on egocentric consumerism keeps feeding the capitalist system, ''I rock, I have the latest iphone / ipod / 4x4 / designer labels etc''.

A population with a conscience and questioning awareness doesn't sit well with exploitation.

For example, a recent BBC2 programme, Spice Trail, I think, highlighted the irony that is how little the poverty stricken manual labour farmers of black pepper, cinnamon etc in the likes of Kerala in India get and how much the end product costs in the UK, something like 5000% mark up. The farmers being dirt poor and suffering a black pepper drought and instability of livelihood whilst the suppliers, supermarkets and distributors are gaining vast profit.
Same for most industries, petrol, clothing, food in general, businesses basically buying governments with donations etc and governments reluctant to make any real stance or show any real democratic voice of the nation.

If the people aren't aware of any real information to have an opinion on, or are made to think of themselves as less valid as individuals, via marketing etc, for swaying from the crowd and having opinions, then that just makes big business all the better to make a profit out of and control the market with.

It's all tactics and it doesn't have societies best interests at heart.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Its ok, people wont have enough money to buy those things soon so they will have to wake up, the sad thing is it will be too late for them by then!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
S&F or you. You describe the shallow minded mindset. I live in the UK too. All most people think about as you say is Booze and Nights out. Total celeb worship.
Frustrates me that people are so blind.
edit on 19-2-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wongy

I live in the uk I woke up after studying graphic design and developing
An interest in symbols. I started researching the meanings behind the imagery
We see on a day to day basis but don't realise it's origins.

10 years later and I feel privileged to belong to a minority group
Of people who thrive on the truth and demand answers.

Slowly but surely more and more people are waking up.

Don't lose heart over it just carry on as normal and watch the system
Eat itself from the inside.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by exroyalnavy
I am also in the UK and I think you haven`t done any research - - simply chuntered to other young people like yourselves who have no experience of real life. Have you ever travelled, ever seen "real life"?

If you ask around you will find that most people over about 40 actually ARE interested in other things besides booze and "celebrities".

You could also polish-up your spelling while you are about it. The very thought that people are at University and can`t even spell makes me want to close-down higher education completely. What is the point of it if the people going there are semi-literate?

By the way, I am an Irish-educated peasant who was brought up in a four-room concrete cottage on the side of the road in County Tipperary with no plumbing or toilet facilities. 8-))

With all due respect to you, who are you to say that he hasn't done any research? I have been researching for over 25 years and I can tell you when my eyes were first opened, I did most of my research in the first few months, I could not get enough information! Now so much is a rehash of what I know I thirst for new info and its hard to come by.

I am also from the UK originally although I am coming up to my 45th year on Sol III, I live in Asia, have travelled the world many times over (I am now in Cordoba, Argentina and next week back to Buenos Aires then Peru). I would agree with you though that the best education anyone can get is by travelling, seeing different cultures and interacting.

At 19 I left the UK and have never looked back, I also found people to be very insular, only interested in the mainstream, they don't care whats going on unless it effects them (like poll tax LOL) and when you point out the truth all they can say is "well even if your right about all of this, I would rather not want to know"! Ignorance is bliss.
edit on 19/2/11 by Hongkongphooey because: Typo

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wongy

Well Wongy...you have discovered the first truth of the seeker.

MOST people are IDIOTS.

It's not just the UK, you can apply this maxim to any population you choose.

And now the second truth.

MOST people will choose the COMFORT of DENIAL and IGNORANCE rather than the DISCOMFORT of TRUTH.

They will flat out deny everything until they see it is safe to do so..(Dictatorships are a good example).

And the third truth.

MOST people still get their info from MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

Now tell me you didn't have a cynical chuckle at that last truth.....that's right, MOST people really are IDIOTS.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

S&F or you. You describe the shallow minded mindset. I live in the UK too. All most people think about as you say is Booze and Nights out. Total celeb worship.
Frustrates me that people are so blind.
edit on 19-2-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

You forget to mention those forty somethings taken in by Thatcher to buy their own home and place themselves, and thier families, into debt till the day their toes curl up and they shuffle off this mortal coil. For them, the truth of the NWO passes them by as they are simply too busy providing for their family and trying to ensure they stay in work... Isn't it weird how those who spot the subtle brain washing and manipulation of the populace are those who have no responsibilities and can sit back and watch it all unfold?
I pity those who work eight to ten hours a day, get home to a microwave dinner before sitting in front of the television to watch reality programmes before kissing their children goodnight, only to repeat the process the next day! Thats not living, thats slavery!
I thank my parents for ensuring that I dont have to endure such torment. As someone with no money troubles, my own home and no dependents I'm perfectly placed to see what is happening in the world today. Most people with young families don't have my ability... To them, all that matters is their next pay cheque and whether or not it will cover their mortgage and debts.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, appreciate the thoughts, if i came across arrogant then thats unfortuate for me, i didnt mean the term retard meant bad in america, then again an example of social corruption.
Ive become very open minded exploring the possibilities that anything could be possible,
I cant stand when people say things which are impossible when they strongly hold their opinion without looking at evidence, articles of personal experiences, unwilling to educate themselves further because like some of you said theres more comfort in denial than face the harsh truth. Fear runs peoplea lives, evidently we all become slaves, perfect for those who playing their chest peices right!
I will continue to wake people up as it is in my opinion a very important thing, creating a different social approach which we could all relate to and tackle the problems together. I think a world revolution is in order, if the NWO comea alive the majority i am hoping would see whats really going on. Then theres the others, oh all one currency, that sounds good.

Seriously i urge you lot to try and get the word out, those in education email all your lecturers to give a lecture now and then about the world crisis, they all know about it, its the students that dont! If interested provide evidence to support the action. Employment rate is 30/50% for post grads from uni.. I didnt get in debt then realise am in the same boat as people with normal jobs!

I had learned we are all here to help each other providing a better living for everyone, without everyone eles to help it proves a mosy difficult task. Trust me people will listen if you dont blag on, make it interesting, make a joke out of it whatever find your ways to spread the word and raise awareness. Sooner or later things will happen as we are seeing it today, the people in the middle east knows this, its the westernised parts plagued by media, government etc etc you all know the rest!

I think people in america are more open minded because they are just getting spanked continuously with lies after lies.. We all need to do our bit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join