It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little cousin is very sick :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
My cousin (age 6) last got sick many days ago.. he lay in bed with a fever, would not eat a thing, (he threw up if he ate).. so on the 4th day of his illness we took him to the hospital and found out he had pneumonia in both his lungs.

It has been over two weeks now and he still will not eat or drink a thing! I am starting to worry that there may be something else wrong with him. Have you or someone in your family dealt with this issue?

btw- not trying to imply that this caused it-- (i am curious though) but he got a flu shot about a month before he got sick.

Well, I do not ask for prayers.. just please hope that he turns out okay. thanks

(edit-- he has been in a hospital for over a week)
edit on 18-2-2011 by ReadyPower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
call the hospital and ask!!! or get his parents to do so...is he still sick? has he seen a doctor since the hospital visit two weeks ago? is he on any medications? does he have any preexisting conditions? cant ask for advice if you dont provide information...which is confidential...and not your own...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
call the hospital and ask!!! or get his parents to do so...is he still sick? has he seen a doctor since the hospital visit two weeks ago? is he on any medications? does he have any preexisting conditions? cant ask for advice if you dont provide information...which is confidential...and not your own...

He is in the hospital. He has been in there for over a week. I do not know exactly what meds they are giving him but do know he is being fed through an IV.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i hope he gets better and soon... sounds like he is in pretty bad shape, but he is where he needs to be not much that you can do i am afraid except support his parents help them stay strong for him and themselves.all my well wishes...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Infections hit kids pretty hard and the vomiting comes with just about any infection. As well illness in children can be measured in weeks instead of days like adults. He'll be fine I'm sure of it.

PS to cuz:Get well little fella!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

So sorry your family is going through this!! Yes, I have been there with one of my sons. I have posted our experience a few times in the past...while my son was 6(I believe), he was hospitalized for 4 days with pneumonia, then almost to the day, a year later, hospitalized for 3 days with the same thing. He had previously had his pneumonia vacc., and still ended up with it not once, but twice. He is still suffering a compromised immune system, but overall health at the moment is good. I must admit, your little cousin still not eating or drinking at this point is worrisome...How alert is he through out the day at the hospital??? Keep us updated please...Best of luck to the little guy!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about the little dude!

I found this article from Natural News
Coconut Oil: A Natural Remedy For Pneumonia

Half of the children were also given a dose of coconut oil based on their weight. The oil was administered for three consecutive days. Children who received doses of coconut oil recovered much faster than those who did not. On average, the children who took coconut oil had a normal respiratory rate after less than 33 hours. The other children’s rate normalized after about 48 hours. The children who received coconut oil showed reduced fevers, clear breathing and normal blood oxygenation faster than the control group. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

So, what is coconut oil’s secret? Researchers are still looking for that answer, but the current hypothesis points to lauric acid, an antimicrobial substance found in coconut oil. This may naturally boost the body’s immune system and the effectiveness of the antibiotics administered for treatment. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
reply to post by ReadyPower

Hope that can help! Poor little guy must be so miserable

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
not a month or two ago ATS had the thread about the allicin in onions and garlic being a miracle cure...and fast...half an onion in a humidifier it was...

new topics

top topics

join