It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not like you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
People amaze me. I used to assume all people were good natured, honest, compassionate,
morally grounded, empathetic, and so on. But time and time again, I have been proven wrong. It
has reached a point where I now assume the worst in people so I'm prepared, and if I'm wrong,
then it will be a nice, unexpected surprise.

Years ago, and at that time, I thought I had friends, but a real friend would not intentionally hurt
people without a second thought. Year after year went by, and the so called friends, by my choice,
dwindled down to zero.

Friends don't steal from you. Friends don't try to manipulate you to get what they want. Friends don't
take advantage of you over and over again. Friends don't use your generosity as an invitation
to take and take and never give anything in return. Friends don't cheat you, they don't lie to you
and they don't stab you in the back.

You get a sinking feeling in your gut when a new friendship that you think is starting out great,
starts giving you a deja vu feeling. You start to wonder if there are any decent people left in the
world, and you eventually give up any hope of having a real friend with the same inborn moral
qualities that you at one time thought everyone had.

It's not even about friends. It's about people. People. We look the same, we have the same
parts inside and out, but we are not the same. Not at all. What makes people so different?
What makes one person an honest person, and what makes another a liar? Why would you
laugh at someone's misfortune, while I feel sympathetic towards them? Don't tell me
it's religion. It's not about religion at all. It's what's inside you and I suppose what's not
inside you. You either have it or you don't.

I've decided that there are not enough people like me and too many that are at the opposite
end of the spectrum. I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I can look at
myself in the mirror each day and know that I'm a good person and my goodness extends
itself to others. I'm happy with myself. I'm happy with how I treat others.

Can you look at yourself in the mirror each day and know that you are a good person?
Will you look back years from now and have any regrets?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
People suck, i wish we were all more like our pets

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Schleprock

People are tempted by lust and greed. Society pushes most people to adapt to such a system, it's the foundation of capitalism... make people feel like crap and try to sell them something to feel better about themselves. Competition is bred into kids just so they can be more profitable later on in life so it's no wonder that most people don't care about anyone else but themselves. And that's why I don't blame most people.. hate is bred into them.

We're not good natured or evil natured, we're just animals trying to survive. We're not that smart, we just think we are in comparison to most animals yet most animals don't try to kill each other for pieces of paper and material goods... no we're not that smart.

I have tons of good friends, I can count on them but I know that everyone can slip once in a while so I do rely mostly on myself but I give so much and I always will... it's what makes me feel good. I don't have to be like everyone else, I set myself apart by not adhering to the system either and I do it in my own way...

I give, I care, I love.

If people only knew how good it felt once you learn to appreciate doing such things, everyone would be way more caring but most people are too busy trying to buy happiness for that. Most people just want the easiest path to happiness so instead of trying to be good to feel good about themselves, they just work and buy.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schleprock
I'm happy with myself. I'm happy with how I treat others.

Uh huh....riiiiight.

A "happy" person who is located "under the weather" whose mood is "gloomy" and has your avatar. You're killing my buzz here, Debbie Downer.

Just suck it up, realize people can only change themselves, and hang around people who are not users. It'll make you REALLY happy!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I hear what you're saying, I've felt and sometimes still feel this way also.

In times like this, you must remember that you are not alone, you are not the only one who feels and thinks this way.Don't lose hope brother, every man has good in him, some have just lost their way and need to be guided once more.

As for your experience with these "friends" my heart goes out to you, I can only imagine the pain you must have endured having, what you think to be people of confidence, turning their back on you.

There are still people with innocent souls on this planet, who wish only for peace and love.
Don't give up, there is always hope.

edit on 18-2-2011 by lllllllll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Sometimes I spit in peoples food, hehe

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I am glad that you feel happy with yourself, that is a acheievement many of us never make.
There are a lot of good people in this world. Not perfect people just good.
I am one of those (well I try) but like millions of others I have my bad points. I do laugh at misfortune sometimes, like the news story I read where a family had a tub of paint explode inside their car. The pictures made me giggle. Yet others, maybe like you, would have felt more sorry for them than aything. The damage to the interior of the car the destroyed clothing, the endless scrubbing to get the paint out of their hair and of their skin.
I have a bad habit of laughing when I'm in shock. So people think I'm evil but I'm not, it's just how I react and I honestly can't help it. I saw a puppy get run over when I was 15, I burst out laughing when in fact I wanted to cry my eyes out.

If nobody found humour in some of the smaller misfortunes then we would be living in a very sad society. Everyone would be depressed all the time because misfortunes happen, a lot.

I don't find big things where people actually end up seriously hurt funny but I know some people who do. I am still friends with them. Because what I find tragic isn't necessarily what someone else would find tragic. It's a part of being individual.

I am sorry you have had such bad personal experiences with 'friends' but don't ever let that warp your view of this beautiful world and the many beautiful people in it. Let go of the past hurts, they are controlling you and making you miserable. (something I had to learn to do).

I hope you find happiness and friendship

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well I'm an urban lad, with no idea of the outdoors..

Im now sleeping in a tent on purpose to get used to it.

My goal, when the time comes, I can sustain it. More and More I wean myself off these necessities...

the last to go will be this silly internet.

People do suck. People are not in general there to help, despite what they say.

If at the end of the day I can't hack it........ oh well..

edit on 18/2/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
You had better be joking. I can't believe I actually took notice of your other posts.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Wow your a sensitive little soul, you reacted as if I did it to you. Don't worry I don't do it for fun I am a professional and take great pride in my work....as a chef.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

Wow your a sensitive little soul, you reacted as if I did it to you.
Yeah, I have this annoying ability to feel empathy.

Don't worry I don't do it for fun I am a professional and take great pride in my work....as a chef.
May I recommend that ATS contact the proper authorities, supply them your email & IP, and let them know you are breaking health regulations. Haha, I kid, but what if they did? Don't be so cocky.

edit on 18-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

edit on 18-2-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

Oh no what will I do when I'm fired from McDonald's.
edit on 18-2-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Wow were you deceived what friends are
First of all you have to make disctinctions on friendship. From just everyday friends, to good friends, to true friends. Everyday friends are the one who you don't have much invested it. Good friends, you have stuff invested in them, but there is something a little off. One or two things annoy you about them. True friends, are hard to find. You usually only get one or two. They can be trusted with you kids. You could leave your wallet around them. You wouldn't worry if they were watching your house, or talking to you girlfriend.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Gad...I knew it.

So very foul dude.

Dont ever get caught doing that, there are people who will hurt you for that sort of thing.

edit on 2/19/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

edit on 19-2-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Gad...I knew it.

So very foul dude.

Dont ever get caught doing that, there are people who will hurt you for that sort of thing.

edit on 2/19/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

Disappointed BlackOps719, I thought you would have noticed me trollin.

How can people not get I was trollin, this thread is about how the OP is kind and loving "NOT LIKE YOU" meaning all of us are dicks. And people are like aww poor baby, hug and kiss. So I went in another direction and confirmed his negative out look. I throw out the lies and just watch people gobble them all up.

edit on 19-2-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I had a feeling you were trolling but I also suspected you were telling the truth, because honestly, people are just that messed up, and that's what this thread is all about, the scum that people are. And after you responded by saying something about getting fired from McDonald's people could only assume you were telling the truth.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I have noticed you talk a lot but don't say much. You sound very single minded, negative and unworthily Righteous in saying the "scum that people are" summing up your fellow man. And for your sake I hope that wasn't directed personally at me just because you read one post of mine you didn't like. All this big talk from a person with zero personality.

Maybe you should have some other hobbies and relationship other than on a forum, where you take a comment that wasn't even directed or even effecting you and make personal comments about a random guy who you even said you knew was joking...you must be an awesome friend to have

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I throw out the lies and just watch people gobble them all up

It's not a lie though, not really, it happens. Having worked in a number of hotels, restaurants and pubs..treat the staff like # and something bad is going to happen to whatever you are imbibing. Seen it happen, and usually, it was fully and completely deserved. Minimum wage is minimum wage and some things you are simply not paid to take and there has to be retribution somewhere. If people are treated with respect and dignity they seldom have an axe to grind, too busy living the grind.

edit on 19-2-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: excessive sum of somes

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Thanks man, I see what you did there.

Im just already overly paranoid that every double cheeseburger I order from McDonalds is slathered in the spit of an angry and disgruntled clown burger employee.

Call it a sore spot

Cheers

top topics

<<   2 >>

join