It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention citizens! You will enforce this no-smoking law!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
See here, first off your addiction is a disorder too. Secondly all of the "hatred" and "bigotry" is SELF INFLICTED. Smoking is a choice, you shouldn't expect others to bear the burden of your choice, the same applies to people who engage in other extraordinary reckless behavior. If someone is a nudist and they choose to practice that in public, you wouldn't expect people to not stare, or laugh, or sneer?

Oh and you should get your sources from reputable places like the NHS, PHSCC, and the CDC.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Yes SG-17

Let us make sure to get our information from only 1 source so that we can be sure that our "thinking is correct"

You sir - have failed to answer the following questions:

1. How has the disease burden of the population decreased with the decrease of smoking in the general population in the last 60 years. Name a disease, which ever one you like that has decreased because smoking decreased. How is this non-smoking world a benefit?

2. I do not have self-inflicted intolerance, discrimination and hatred. It is inflicted on me by people like you!!! who are intolerent and insist on their "right' to impose themselves upon others.

3. Why have you denied smokers the same courtesy you have demanded?

4. Why should smokers continue to support your health care costs?

5. Why do I not have the same right to be intolerent to those people whose lifestyles I don't approve of? Why can't I deny fatties jobs and place to live? Why can't I deny health care to drinkers? Why can't I demand that I never be subjected to smells I find offensive?

You are losing this argument very badly and the fact that you insist I get my information from only one source is pathetic!

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Aw, big brother isn't big enough to police everyone, they need our help to protect the children from gas station explosions. Just call Janet Napolitano and she'll set up some body scanners a few days after the incident.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

The average human life span has steadily increased over the past 60 years. While it isn't a disease, you see less people with tar build up on the inside of their lungs!

You inflict the intolerance upon yourself. You refuse to follow even the simplest of laws (like littering, which I have no tolerance for in any form). Why should you not be treated like a common criminal? You refuse to improve your own health and the health of others (the same could be applied to alcoholics).

Smokers are the cause of the discourtesy.

Smokers do not support my health care costs.

Being fat does not impact the health of other people. Smoking does. Alcoholics can be denied jobs and they can be charged more for health insurance, just like anyone else who engages in high risk behaviors. You may object to the smells, but unless you are a hypersensitive hypochondriac you won't get sick from them. Unlike cigarette smoke.

You are just moving this "argument" around in circles.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If I am at lets say at a (bus stop) and someone lights up a cigarette .....and I was at the bus top first...I ask them to please move away from me...as I don't want to inhale their 2nd hand smoke.....and if they won't move I tell them how rude, inconsiderate and selfish they are...then I move.

Both my parents were heavy smokers and they both died of lung cancer.....I don't smoke....I think cigarettes are a waste of money and only ruin peoples health....they are a legal addiction and they are awful.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I read the title as "Attention Citizens! You will enforce this no smoking lawl" and that is exactly how I feel about it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

SG-17

OMG - tar buildup inside their lungs?????????????????? You really are falling hard for those anti-smoking tricks and propaganda aren't you?

Smokers do NOT have a tar build up inside their lungs - that is why smokers are the donors for lung transplants!! (not mine though - I didn't sign my organ card specifically so you rude anti-smokers wouldn't get them)

Shoe polish was used to coat pig lungs and then shown to school children to frighten them. That story is no more real than the bogey man!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You seem to be going far out of your way just to deny everything that has ever been presented to you by an authority figure in any field. Reputable medical doctors? Nope just quacks to me, I'd rather listen to some C-list "doctor" who probably got his "degree" from a degree mill.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

SG-17

You wouldn't have a clue to listen to!!! you never read or think about a dissenting opinion. On one hand, you can't list a single disease whose incidence has decreased as the incidence of smoking decreased by about 70 % over a period of 50 years. On the other hand - you are very willing to believe that the increase in life span that occurred during the same time period was due to smoking bans! Ever heard of antibiotics?

So if smoking causes all the diseases that are attributed to it by your medical "experts' - then how do you explain that incidence in disease rates hasn't dropped (including lung cancer)?

or are you forbidden to think by yourself - must the person who does your thinking for you be in a white coat or do you listen so closely to all figures of authority?

Tired of control freaks.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Increased use of fossil fuels.

QED

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I smoke and its my choice. Alot of things kill people, sugar, the sun, alcohol, etc...To ban smoking like this is stupid. It would make more sense to ban alcohol, you ever go bar hopping in the city on a Friday night? I would rather smell smoke than step in vomit. I would rather hear coughing than see some slut passed out on the subway waiting to be raped. I would rather smell smoke on the beach in Coney Island than have to sit on Mcdonalds bags and chicken bones. You ever see a family overturn a trashcan on the beach so they're kids can play in it? The values in this country are retarded. You can kill yourself with booze, either by car accident or prolonged use, but you can't smoke a cigarette to get through the pointlessness of day to day life.
Edit: And on another note, I would be more worried about obesity than smoke. America is full of cows. Its another addiction, and there are more obese people with bad health than smokers.
edit on 23-5-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

If you have to have a smoke to get through the day you have a problem far beyond your addiction. Same applies to someone who needs a drink to get through the day.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

SG-27

I disagree with you for a variety of reasons but lets put that aside for now!

So you are finally getting around to admitting that smoking is not the disease-bringer it has been portrayed to be! In fact, there are now a long list of diseases that used to be attributed to smoking where the true cause has been discovered:

ie oral-pharangeal cancers - HPV virus
cervical cancers - HPV virus (notice that the lungs are coated with the same mucous membrane the covers the outside of the cervice and the inside of the mouth and throat - might there be a connection here)
ulcers - caused by bacteria
Breast cancer - no connection
COPD and emphysema - caused by a dna fault that produces an enzyme that accumulated in the liver.

Benefits of smoking - smokers get less neurological disorders like parkinsons and alzeimers (I might not live as long but by god, I won't spend a decade in a nursing home drooling into my diapers)
- sufferers of schizophrenia and manic depression get less severe symptoms and suffer less hallucinations
- focuses mental concentration
- the sticky particles in smoke trap airborne disease-causing bacteria and viruses, thus decreasing the spread of contagious illnesses in public places
- less frequent asthma attacks, decreased incidence of asthma
- faster healing due to the ability of nicotene to grow new blood vessels
- lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol (check out niaspan - the nicotene sold by Big Pharma to do what smoking has always done)

A DECREASE IN THE HUMAN DESIRE TO BE INTOLERANT AND WANTING TO CONTROL THE LIVES OF OTHERS.

SG-17 - the puritans, who always want to control the lives of others, have simply put on a white coat and based their campaign of prohibition against anything fun as being based on health, instead of pretending it is for religious reasons, as they have done throughout history.

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

SG-17

Who the hell are you to decide what people may need to get them through the day? What gives you that right?

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Charge me with smoking?

I guess so.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Well now, we all have problems. Its not for you to tell me what my problem is. I smoke because the world sucks and I can't turn my head without being disgusted by something. The element of fire is something hard to become one with. I guess not all of us can be Jedi masters.
edit on 24-5-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Mistake. Please remove.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join