It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am looking at a map of the area the "volcano" was. Yes, I know I'm putting emphasis on this volcano, but I am going to find this supposed volcano and take pictures of the area, and possibly interview inhabitants nearby.

I found an odd formation - "Pilot Knob" on this map:

arkansas.hometownlocator.com...

It is very near Dry Creek (which is where this volcano was). It is awkward looking from the map, but it could easily be any other mountain around there, this one just looked odd to me. I live 30 minutes away from it, and would love to check it out, possibly Friday when I have time.

What if it IS related to the earthquakes? What if Arkansas has a volcano or two that have been "dormant" for so long, nobody knew anything about it? There is a mountain in Arkansas near this volcano called "Mount Magazine" and it is an old name for it, but everyone says it is not a volcano, but if the Indians gave it that name, how would they know? Indians have had stories of volcanoes in Arkansas...this all just seems fishy to me.

Is anyone interested in me interviewing people in that area for anything weird happening lately, any weird formations on their property, photos, comments on it? If so, I'd love to research it. I'm very into this kind of thing.

I mean, Indians were here before us, they spoke of volcanoes in Arkansas. We came here in the 1700's-1800's, we know virtually nothing about anything. Nobody has *really* studied Arkansas. There was a report from (1856)? and a possible eruption, and that area was not largely populated. Could it be possible that there are a few volcanoes that have just been dormant since 1100, 1200, 1300? It is very possible. Arkansas has quite a few mountains, and the one I just posted is very awkward shaped.
edit on 2-3-2011 by tmar11 because: addition

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yahfearing

Interesting. I also noticed that you posted this almost at the same time on the Volcano, Quake Watch, and Mt. St. Helens threads. Just an observation, but it would seem you feel very strongly about your message.
edit on 2-3-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That's great, but almost your entire paragraph was a run-on sentence...I'm not very worried about aliens and such at this moment, I'm more worried about earthquakes and what will happen next!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by opal13

Robin mentioned the actual date a few pages back, but just to confirm, the closest perigee (ie closest close approach) to earth for our Moon this year will be on March 19 at 19:10 (UTC), within 1 hour of the "official" full moon time of 18:11 (UTC).

Here's a Lunar Perigee and Apogee Calculator for anyone who'd like to check any data/dates for full moons, new moons, perigees and apogees for any year.

Regards,

Mike

edit on 2/3/11 by JustMike because: typo

I also talked about Perigee moons VERY EARLY in this thread... Just wanted to point that out because I was "kicked-out" of this thread around page 55... For mentioning information deemed irrelevant... Now that the full circle comes round, seems like more and more people are talking about lunar cycles and volcanic activity under Arkansas. I deserve credit, so I was plug myself a little .

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

I for one would love to hear/see what you find out. You have some very valid points.

I am partiall to volcanos and tend to think everything looks like one because that is what I spend most of my time looking at
....but I think it is definately worth looking into!!!

Things to look for:

Steam/smoke/wierd cloud hanging over the top or peak of mountain(s)

Dead birds

Dead fish

Dead trees/shrubs

Smells of sulfur

Recent looking cracks/crevice/fissure or sink holes (also land slides)

If you can get a PH dip stick like for a pool or spa, you can check the PH of any streams/lakes (about 7 bucks)

Obvious land deformation

If you talk to people living nearby, be sure to ask about animal behavior and noises. Are they hearing 'poping' sounds? Wierd thunder clap sounds? Rumbling/vibrations

Good luck!
edit on 2-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Will you break it into paragraphs next time? I usually have 10 things going at once and while I read it is so much easier in paragraphs. I was told that too once long ago.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just saw this one.

Magnitude 2.2
Date-Time Wednesday, March 02, 2011 at 21:10:59 UTC
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 at 03:10:59 PM at epicenter

Location 35.257°N, 92.355°W
Depth 4.2 km (2.6 miles)
Region ARKANSAS

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks very much, I'll definitely do that when I go. That list will help a lot.

Do you know where I can find PH dips (are they strips)?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
I just started a thread about my car being covered in red dirty dust... not just mine, all over the county. I live in Western Ky. They explained on the news that it was probably picked up from a dust storm in Texas and rained down on us in the rain storm Monday... don't laugh, I am serious... could it be linked to the NM Fault? or is the excuse the news gave more plausible. I have lived here all my life and have never seen this before.

I live in Kentucky and if you look at everyones cars,and they have mentioned the same,it was like the rain we had was very dirty.It's weird,never seen it like that.Many of my friends have also mentioned this.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
All the effort and time and passion put into this thread is greatly appreciated.

Something I am curious about. Can anyone tell me why, if true, there are no underground bases on the east side of the US? Are there any underground bases on the east side? Does anyone know? I can't imagine why someone would want to build under or around a major fault line or near the NMZ.

I have no idea if this map is an accurate representation of what's really down there but if this map is correct, it sure would fit in with the New Madrid, Guy and other faults.

Iwww.bibliotecapleyades.net...

It could be bunk. : /

Actually there is a huge underground "bunker" of sorts, in Pennsylvania. It's called "Iron Mountain".

Under Iron Mountain

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If any of you have google earth,they have an add on that shows the geothermal at different depths,
and its very interesting close and almost under the areas of the earthquakes in AK.
I think I downloaded it from here www.google.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
sorry,that didn't work.
How do you post something from google earth?
edit on 2-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmar11

Yes, the strips are the easiest and cheapest way to go. You can find them in any department store (or pool store)

I don't know what kinds of stores you have there, but here I can find it at Fred Meyer, Target, K-mart, Walmart...just look in the pool section where they have the cholorine, etc. You can usually get a container for 5-15 bucks, depending on the size. You just dip it in the water and compare the color change to the scale on the package. Really easy!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Just the same as any other location.

U.S. Geothermal Resource (3-10km depth)

To be honest your link was fine as clicking that should load it straight into GE.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmar11

You should be able to find those at a pool supply place or with warmer weather coming up, maybe even WalMart. You might also try a hardware store, or any place that sells water filtration systems. And I saw some on Amazon!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I also want to add something in here. I hope none of you think I am being weird. I've had many...paranormal things happen to me. I am almost positive something is attached to me, if not, things are attracted to me. I have many stories of things happening to me.

I also don't want to say that I'm "psychic". I'm not, at all. But I have had a few little things happen to me. When I was younger, probably 4th grade, I remember having a bad feeling about my uncle. I felt like he died. I wasn't sure if it was a car crash, or something worse, but I knew whatever it was had been bad. I felt awful, had such a bad feeling. Well, it turns out, he had committed suicide. When my mother picked me up that day, all she said was "I have something to tell you..." and I remember her having this horrified look on her face because I said "Did something happen to Uncle Jeff?"

I've also had a couple of other weird moments where I just had odd feelings before things happened. That is just an example. Well, right before this earthquake, I remember feeling very odd, like it was the calm before the storm. I felt...weird, like something was going to happen. Keep in mind that I don't live near the earthquakes, and that this one was the first one that I felt.

Last night and today, I've had the same feelings. I feel very weird. I am wondering if it could be because something else is going to happen...earthquake, anything. I just wanted to share that.

If there is a prominent earthquake today or tomorrow, I'm going to feel very...odd, and slightly creeped out.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

You're only allowed to relate this EQ swarm to FRACing on this thread...
Even though historically, there have been three other swarms in this exact area, one of which precedes FRACing in this area by decades! The other two, I'm sure, FRACing was far less in use than it is today in Arkansas. That being said, it can not be ruled out as a possible cause or contributing factor...but BAD SCIENCE prevails.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Now we have it!!

The fracking is designed to poison the well water so they can put people on mains water and get rid of their fluoride waste.

Arkansas Senators don't let science—or the public—stand in the way of mandatory fluoridation

Despite admission by the Federal Government that American children are being over-exposed to fluoride, and that fluoride's benefits are primarily topical, the Arkansas State Senate passed legislation on Thursday to force fluoridation on the entire state. This legislation will require cities to add unnecessary, untested fluoride chemicals into the water supply, clearly risking the health of many Arkansas residents.

Take a look at the links on the side. Mandatory fluoridation proposed: Senate Bill 359

AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WATER SYSTEMS TO MAINTAIN A LEVEL OF FLUORIDE TO PREVENT TOOTH DECAY; AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.

(This was in caps in the document)

Curious - "and for other purposes"??????????

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

I found an odd formation - "Pilot Knob" on this map:

What is it about this that is odd?

Could explain it's 'oddness' please.

new topics

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join