It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Cat knocked down and killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
09/06/04 Reports of big cat killed in Ryedale
From The Gazette & herald, Rydale.(UK)

The Gazette & herald are investigating reports that a large cat was killed on the Pickering to Whitby road at a bridge near RAF Fylingdales.

The animal was said to have been about the length of a sheep and was sandy in colour. A man who said he had been present at the scene at mid-morning yesterday, said police removed the body into a police vehicle.

There have been several reports recently of large cats being seen on the moorland roads, including the area around Whitby.

I have made extensive investigations in to the incident, all of which have hit a brick wall. Both North Yorkshire police and the M.O.D. police have denied any involvement in the incident.

I have been told that the man who witnessed the incident does not wish to talk about what he witnessed anymore. His employers will not release his name or his whereabouts.
It seems that he may have been silenced by the authorities.
Does any one have any information on this incident?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Check with the newspaper and the reporter on the original story. I'm sure they will be able to give you some additional information.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
www.thisisryedale.co.uk...
www.bigcatmonitors.co.uk...

I'm only finding the same article that you posted.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well it was probably a mountain lion. Not a cat. Cats dont grow that big.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
there was a huge cat right next to my couzins house during the day. they had to keep all the school districts's on lockdown all day. turns out the my couzin was sitting next to the beast during the time it was here. it appears it was only lurking in bushes where there was shade. but it was near adult size..

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hmm there has been loads of these sightings around the moores.
What is strange is like you say if they retrieved the body of the animal surely if this was a mountain lion they would not be going to such lengths to keep it quiet?

This is really starting to intrest me!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

Siberian tigers grow to almost 300kg, thats 700lb. Mountain lions, or cougars, only go about 100kg. tops. I've seen one in the wild. The fact that I'm still posting means he wasn't hungry. Without firearms, we don't compete.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is that the same cat that reportedly kills all those sheep/livestock in the UK?
There was something about it on the History Channel sometime last year I think.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

you sure about that?

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am the editor of www.bigcatmonitors.co.uk

I have spoken to the editor of the newspaper that ran the story.
He has no more information than that has already been printed.
I believe that the M.O.D police are covering up the truth to this incident.

Apparently the police spoke to the witness and told him to keep his mouth shut as they dont want to cause a panic.
How could they cause a panic if the cat was already dead?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
could be some mutated cat from evil corparations in animal testing labs
trying some new growth formula ?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have seen Dogs which have grown to larger than their breed specifications. Not by much, but still impressive. In fact there is a Mastiff which lives Down the Street from me, and it is Huge Compared to the Standard Dog Show size.

In fact when this thing Woofs, it is such a deep and resonating woof you would jump right out of your skin. It definely awakens the lost monkey/ape in my genetic code, I want to find the closest tree, and run up and hide in it. My next thought is to throw my feces at it, lol.

Any how this mastiff looks to weigh in the area of 200-250 pounds, and is probably chest high at the shoulder.

So in closing if a a large dog can grow larger than the norm for it's breed, I see know reason within 20-30% extra size, a feline house cat couldn't either.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
When we were kids we used to have a poodle that was 4 feet tall and about 6 feet long. We used to hook the sled up to him and go for rides (which lasted about 3 or 4 minutes until he'd wipe us out and then run around like a retard for the next 20 minutes...) I remember my sister crying when he'd catch a neighbourhood cat and eat it in four or five chomps.

He died when he was about 5 years old, literally blew a ventricle off his heart (common in Standard poodles according to the vet)

People always think I'm full of crap when I talk about him ...until I get out the old photo albums.

Err... sticking on topic - if it was just a manx, or bobcat or something along those lines it wouldn't be very big news. And the local "authorities" wouldn't think twice about just disposing of it after it was put down. At least around here that's how it works.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by CatHerder]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

aren't mountain lions cats too??

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes, it is a cat. But it is a big cat, not small cat. Big Cats include Mountain Lions, Lions, Tigers, Leopards, so forth. Small Cats include Common House Cat, Margy, Ocelot, Jaguar, Cheetah, Lynx, Bobcat, and so forth.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just read this and its really weird why such a thing would be covered up like that. It's common knowledge that there's big cats loose in parts of the UK so why would MOD and the police try to hide this particular one?
Anything new come up recently on the matter?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatHerder
When we were kids we used to have a poodle that was 4 feet tall and about 6 feet long. We used to hook the sled up to him and go for rides (which lasted about 3 or 4 minutes until he'd wipe us out and then run around like a retard for the next 20 minutes...) I remember my sister crying when he'd catch a neighbourhood cat and eat it in four or five chomps.

He died when he was about 5 years old, literally blew a ventricle off his heart (common in Standard poodles according to the vet)

People always think I'm full of crap when I talk about him ...until I get out the old photo albums.

Err... sticking on topic - if it was just a manx, or bobcat or something along those lines it wouldn't be very big news. And the local "authorities" wouldn't think twice about just disposing of it after it was put down. At least around here that's how it works.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by CatHerder]

Come on, don't tease us, show us the photos!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Big cats do exist in the UK, the general consensus is that they're either animals released when strict rules on keeping 'exotic' pets were enacted in (I think) the '70's, or animals that escaped from a circus.
I live in the west coast of Scotland and just a couple of months ago two policemen responding to a call of a big cat lurking about reported seeing a �panther like animal� staring at them before running off. Too many credible people have reported it for it to be nothing.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Dropped an email to bigcats editor asking about any further info on that story, so soon as i hear anything it will be hear. It's just too odd for such a thing to be covered that heavily. As already said we all know big cats are loose in the UK, theres a ton of evidence inluding folk saying stuff like "yeah i had to set kitty loose when she ate the neighbours dog"

From the sound of the original article it would seem to be a cougar, right size and colour. But no clue why that would be covered up, anyone know of anything going on in that region thats miltary related?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here is the latest information on the incident.

By Paul Westwood
Big Cat Monitors.

On the ninth of June 2004 the Gazette & Herald based in North Yorkshire ran a story about a big cat that was knocked down and killed close to RAF Fylindales.
The following is what I have managed to find out about the incident from extensive investigations.

The man who witnessed the incident works for a pharmaceutical company, which delivers drugs to local Veterinary clinics in the area.
After he had witnessing the event he called into a Veterinary clinic in Stanford Bridge.
He explained to the vet what he saw.
As he was approaching RAF Fylingdales on the North Yorkshire Moors, we saw a police vehicle parked next to a farmer's tractor. In the farmers bucket at the front of the tractor was a large sandy coloured cat of the Puma variety. As he slowed down to a halt next to the vehicles to get a better look, he saw the police loading the cat into the back of their vehicle. At that moment a police officer walked over to him. The officer told him to keep his mouth shut as they don't want to alarm the public. With that, the driver carried on to Stanford Bridge.
I have made extensive investigations in to this incident. Most of which have drawn a blank.
The DEFRA laboratory near York has denied any knowledge of receiving the body of the cat. If the cat had been killed, it would seem that the most logical cause of action would be to take the body there, but if I am to believe DEFRA, then the body must be somewhere else.
The firm that employed the driver will not release his name or his whereabouts. He has told his employers that he does not want to talk about the incident.
In my experience, when one sees something like this, you naturally want to talk about it. Why else would he have told the Vet?
I would have to say that this person has been silenced by the police. The question is which force? Was it North Yorkshire police or RAF Fylindales police? The latter being the M.O.D police. The North Yorkshire constabulary have denied all knowledge. In fact it was said that the area commander for North Yorkshire got rather aggressive with a reporter from the Ryedale express when questioned about their involvement. The M.O.D. police have also denied all knowledge. In fact the Inspector at Fylindales asked me to report back if I discovered any relevant information.
I was soon to realise that it must have been the M.O.D. police who were involved.
I paid a visit to Fylindales a few weeks after the incident. The police at the gatehouse told me that it was a bus that had knocked down the cat. How do they know this if they were not involved? I would say that if a large cat was killed close to RAF Fylindales, then it would be the M.O.D. who would be the first to respond.
The question is, why have they covered it up?

Sorry it's taken so long guys.

<<   2 >>

join