It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage issue resurfaces in flurry of debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Gay marriage issue resurfaces in flurry of debate

galvestondailynews.com

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Lawmakers in Rhode Island and Maryland are taking up bills to legalize gay marriage, advocates in New York are making a renewed push, and opponents are fighting for constitutional bans in Indiana and Wyoming and to re-impose bans in Iowa and New Hampshire.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

edit on 9/2/11 by argentus because: change headline to reflect that of source

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well, guys and gals; it is that time again. The time that all of the politicians either come out "PRO" something that they think will stir some group of activists up enough for them to get a few extra votes. Who knows, they might even convince some of thier friends that are not apart of the movement to vote for this particular Candidate because he/she 'CARES'. How pathetic it is that about a year before the elections there are always Pro activists and Fence Riders that know better than to say anything negative about a situation otherwise they may lose a certain demographic that will hurt thier campaign. So said this democratic nation that was once so great.

galvestondailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
On a side note, Why is it that I can't just pick 50% of the U.S. that are still sane to pick the next president. You know that way the crazies aren't allowed to cast a vote ... Wait is that a Dictatorship ... Hey ... CALL ME A NEPOTIST all you want ... LoL

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus_Brandon

Seeing as how the people don't elect the President and the Electoral College does losing a Demographic does nothing but lower their popularity with the people.

(If the people elected the President then George W. Bush would've never been president for his first term. )
edit on 9-2-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes, this issue will come up over and over again, with the states S-L-O-W-L-Y making it legal and then they'll have to find another issue.

When it comes up, I think of this great video.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is total distraction.

The government has no place in RELIGIOUS ISSUES.

Separate the Church and State Please!!!

The State has no place giving out marriage licences !

That's the Church's job. Any Church. Who cares which one.

Just get this nonsense small minded gibberish out of my politics!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It's just proof that shows how brainwashed and subdued our culture really is at it's core.

The Government has no business telling anyone about sex. None.

What the heck is wrong with people?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree 100%!!

They just plaster this Crap all over the place to get peoples minds of the real issues at hand like the Economy being in the crapper or the government going deeper and deeper into debt.

People don't like the Government sticking their nose in their own private lives but think they should stick it in other peoples. It's just down right childish if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
AMEN !!!! I love ATS most of the time .. lol .. There are some left wingers that I worry about lol ... hahah .. anyways ... Right on my line of thought all of you ... However I did have another thought .. .How do the Homosexuals feel every election when that are pulled one way or another ... for the sake of a VOTE or "POLITICS" so sad.

WHATS EVEN MORE SAD IS THEY ALLOW THIS ... by having ellen or Elton or any prominate figure talk about any party negative or positive they are the ones that are putting this on themselves ... I see that they are trying to make a POSITIVE impact but they are just being "ENABLERS"

PERIOD.

Sad, on so many levels that people just can't live thier lifes the way they choose. Isn't that the reason this nation was founded in teh first place ...

MUCH LOVE TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS !!!! All Races, Nationalities, Disorders, and personal preferences aside ... Unless you are trying to hurt me or my family ... I got nothing but love for you !!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I agree, its a shame that this is used as an Issue for votes.
However, it is not an issue. Homosexuality is a valid orientation and the law should treat Civil partnerships the same way it treats marriages. Its ludicrous to have this debate.
Its well known that two people of the same sex can fall madly in love with one another and want to spend the rest of their lives together in a monogamous partnership. Religious people may not agree with it, and they're entitled to have their opinion. But at the end of the day, homosexuality is a natural occurrence proved by nature. You cannot breed someone to be gay, nor can you turn someone straight. It just is.
Gay people have the right to be recognised under the law as participating in a civil partnership - Equal to that of a heterosexual marriage.

Rant over.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon

Well, guys and gals; it is that time again. The time that all of the politicians either come out "PRO" something that they think will stir some group of activists up enough for them to get a few extra votes.

Yep. Stay tuned for next month's flag burning debate!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So sad it is ... Next week it will be something else .. but I almost 100% believe that Legalization of Marijuana will come up before the election days ... and it will be a hot topic ... But which side will win this time ... lol ... I guess it depends where the idea stems from ... ... On a side note .. my personal beliefs ... is that God created every one Heterosexual ... and he created no Homosexual people ... yet, I also belief if someone decides to become homosexual or decides to go both ways ... that is there choice and regardless of my beliefs as to what is really going on .. I may be wrong or maybe right ... but still no matter my beliefs ... I BELIEF above all to treat people with respect and never allow anyone to be wronged. This seems kind of backwards as you would think that my beliefs would direct me to be a homophobe or be "Mean" to those who don't believe the same way as I do ... however that is not who I am as a person ... I LOVE ALL ... Well cept as previously stated ... try to hurt my family or friends ...

Anyhow .. alittle off subject apologies ... Untill next weeks issue arises this thread is done I believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I really wanted to know how the homosexuals out there feel about this ... as if I was being manipulated for being white ... I would be upset to say the least. Or do any homosexuals even get what I am saying ??

top topics

join