It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Payne Stweart's flight, bad example?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Although I'm 100% sure 911 was a sham and noone will change my mind on this. Its important to share knowledge so you don't look dumb.

Most people talk about Payne Stewarts flight and how it was intercepted in 10 minutes. But according to this, the time zone change is not taken to account. This would make it an hour and 10 minutes yeah?

Am I wrong on this?

At 0933:38 EDT (6 minutes and 20 seconds after N47BA acknowledged the previous clearance), the controller instructed N47BA to change radio frequencies and contact another Jacksonville ARTCC controller. The controller received no response from N47BA. The controller called the flight five more times over the next 4 1/2 minutes but received no response. About 0952 CDT,7 a USAF F-16 test pilot from the 40th Flight Test Squadron at Eglin Air Force Base (AFB), Florida, was vectored to within 8 nm of N47BA.8 About 0954 CDT, at a range of 2,000 feet from the accident airplane and an altitude of about 46,400 feet,9 the test pilot made two radio calls to N47BA but did not receive a response. About 1000 CDT, the test pilot began a visual inspection of N47BA. There was no visible damage to the airplane, and he did not see ice accumulation on the exterior of the airplane. B

www.ntsb.gov...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

No, you're right. It was about an hour, why?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

How was his plane "intercepted", you told me that we don't have that capability here in the U.S.?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

We surley do have the capability to intercept aircraft with out any probems, but if its fighter already in the air then its more than likey if not always not armed with live ordinance, even leaving armed aircraft on alert doesnt happen that offen either.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Air Guard jets were already in the air and were vectored to the Lear jet. The jets were not equipped to interdict (shoot down) the Lear jet. That is what is meant when people say we were not equipped to intercept the jets on 9/11.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596

Air Guard jets were already in the air and were vectored to the Lear jet. The jets were not equipped to interdict (shoot down) the Lear jet. That is what is meant when people say we were not equipped to intercept the jets on 9/11.

That is NOT what is meant when people say we were not equipped to intercept the jets.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think everyone has missed my point.

The point is that in the truther movement everyone says "why didn't they intercept the jets on 911" " when payne stewarts jet went off course it only took 10 minutes"

It seemed like 10 minutes because who ever reported this didn't take in the time zone change which was reported.

I'm not bashing the truthers. I am a truther.

But this seems to be a simple mistake by the truther movement.

Although if someone can show me something different I'm open.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I think everyone has missed my point.

The point is that in the truther movement everyone says "why didn't they intercept the jets on 911" " when payne stewarts jet went off course it only took 10 minutes"

It seemed like 10 minutes because who ever reported this didn't take in the time zone change which was reported.

I'm not bashing the truthers. I am a truther.

But this seems to be a simple mistake by the truther movement.

Although if someone can show me something different I'm open.

I understand what you are saying. I am not familiar with Payne Stewarts plane location, as to why it would take 10 minutes or an hour and 10 minutes to be intercepted.
But with all that was happening in the Boston, NYC, DC area that day....and with all the military bases around...it is highly doubtful that it would have/should have taken an hour to intercept the planes. Especially after the first 2 hit in NYC.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I hadn't thought of that in a long time. I remember I was working at a company near the Memphis Airport then and supposedly the plane flew directly over the neighborhood where I worked. That was a rather bizarre and very sad thing to happen.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtmI understand what you are saying. I am not familiar with Payne Stewarts plane location, as to why it would take 10 minutes or an hour and 10 minutes to be intercepted.
But with all that was happening in the Boston, NYC, DC area that day....and with all the military bases around...it is highly doubtful that it would have/should have taken an hour to intercept the planes. Especially after the first 2 hit in NYC.

NORAD had less than 2 minutes from being told that AA77 was hijacked, until it hit the Pentagon. In the case of UA93, NORAD wasn't even told until 4 minutes after the plane had already crashed.

Not a heck of a lot they could do in that short space of time.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by roboe

Originally posted by DIDtmI understand what you are saying. I am not familiar with Payne Stewarts plane location, as to why it would take 10 minutes or an hour and 10 minutes to be intercepted.

NORAD had less than 2 minutes from being told that AA77 was hijacked, until it hit the Pentagon. In the case of UA93, NORAD wasn't even told until 4 minutes after the plane had already crashed.

Yeah...Sure.
At that point two other airliners had been reported as being hi-jacked and had ALREADY crashed into the WTC's.
There were other reports of other possible hi-jackings, so Im sure that the NORAD guys were just sitting around, playing cribbage.
Makes sense. The country is under attack, but our defense department is waiting for something else to happen.
Im sure there were no protocols in place, in case something like this were to happen.
Im sure there was no contingency plan.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
I hadn't thought of that in a long time. I remember I was working at a company near the Memphis Airport then and supposedly the plane flew directly over the neighborhood where I worked. That was a rather bizarre and very sad thing to happen.

It crashed in South Dakota right by where I used to live.

Crazy world.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

Originally posted by roboe

Yeah...Sure.
At that point two other airliners had been reported as being hi-jacked and had ALREADY crashed into the WTC's.
There were other reports of other possible hi-jackings, so Im sure that the NORAD guys were just sitting around, playing cribbage.
Makes sense. The country is under attack, but our defense department is waiting for something else to happen.
Im sure there were no protocols in place, in case something like this were to happen.
Im sure there was no contingency plan.

There were indeed protocols in place. And they specified that FAA would notify NORAD of any hijacks. And when NORAD was given two minutes heads up on AA77 and MINUS 4 minutes on UA93, what would you have them do?

ETA: Of course, at that point, all 4 alert status fighter jets had already been launched. At that point there were no more fighter jets around, who were armed, fuelled, staffed and trained to intercept an aircraft.
edit on 12-2-2011 by roboe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join