It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Vaccine That May End Flu Forever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Now a brilliant team of medical researchers at Oxford University in the United Kingdom have had an unqualified success with a new vaccine that holds the promise of wiping out all forms of the influenza virus on the face of the Earth.

All previous flu vaccines rely upon proteins that sit on the outside of a flu virus (the H and N on strains such as H1N1 and H3N2) to encourage the immune system to create antibodies able to recognize and attack the invading virus. The weakness in that approach has always been the targeted proteins—they are dissimilar across different strains and may mutate making the vaccine in use ineffective.

The new process focuses exclusively on two proteins inside the virus that are virtually ubiquitous across all the influenza strains, even future mutations

This stunning breakthrough may also eliminate the need to research and develop treatments and vaccines for new types of flu. And the new vaccine will greatly reduce the expenditures that governments must allocate to protect their countries from virulent flu pandemics.

www.helium.com...

Well, this brings the whole flu vaccine conspiracy to a whole new level. I don't know very much about vaccines so I don't have alot to add but I can't imagine what the long term effects would be. What would happen to the viruses? Wouldn't they evolve and adapt?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

I would be more concerned what would happen to myself if I had this vaccine. Rather take my chances with the flu personally.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
New Flu that may end vaccines forever!

Didn't I am legend start out like this?

edit on 8/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Sounds almost too good to be true, lets hope it isn't. I wonder how Big Pharm will react. The millions of dollars generated by selling anti-flu symptom meds will have no choice but to be discontinued if this new vaccine works and everyone gets the shot. Lets hope those involved in the research don't 'sell-out' and let all their hard work get destroyed by those who would oppose this.

Great find. S&F

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Forever is an awfully long time.

Especially when talking about creatures that mutate as quickly as viruses.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

Yeah, thats what I meant with the long term effects. I agree with you, Ive survived just about every type of flu. I think I would be fine without the vaccine. lol

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Now a brilliant team of medical researchers at Oxford University in the United Kingdom have had an unqualified success with a new vaccine that holds the promise of wiping out all forms of the influenza virus on the face of the Earth.

Haven't there been movies that tackle this subject matter? They wipe out one virus, and release something even more deadly.

And the new vaccine will greatly reduce the expenditures that governments must allocate to protect their countries from virulent flu pandemics.

Well, there's at least one reason for this great new vaccine.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I have never had flu in my life and I have lived half a century, I have nursed and cared for members of my family and friends who have had it and never once did I catch it from them. Even my husband was really ill with flu and I never got it and I do mean real proper flu not just a bad cold as some people say. I refuse to take antibiotics although I know I had them as a child until about the age of 11 when I decided my immune system could do a better job after I learnt something in a biology lesson.
I get called by my GP every year to have a flu jab because I once suffered an asthma attack, that's a joke in itself because I only got it when the hospital made a mistake giving me anaesthetic and I woke too soon and paralysed for a while but that is another story.
I do thnk the more you bombard your system with the vaccines and medications etc the more you destroy your body. Either that or I have an immunity to flu viruses.
No way would I trust what they would put in this one to cure all...I would read to kill all.
edit on 8/2/2011 by squizzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
what, does it have a 100% death rate? never had a flu shot, never had the flu. I'm starting to think its a myth

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

cant wait to get that flu ! hahaha

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This was already posted earlier today www.abovetopsecret.com... sorry

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

wow just noticed it is effective against *future mutations* now they are either fortune tellers or the vaccine can't work cos if it killed all flu viruses then there would be none left to mutate

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
3 words: Don't Trust It,

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Once you take this shot; it will prevent all current and future strains of all flu's because the vaccine will kill you! You cannot get another flu once pronounced deceased!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'll take my chances with the flu. Been 12 years since I could say, I had the flu. Been around people that have had it since than. I don't get it, even though I have the unhealthy habit of nail biting. Even with that haven't had a cold in over a year. Maybe my immune regulatory system in kicking microbe butt.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'll pass on the vaccine - just another way for goverment to make money and people sick.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I feel ending the cold or flu in the long run may be bad. Now call me crazy, but I think the common colds and flu are like software updates for our bodies. Um, it's late, I'll come back to that after I get sleep and think on it more.

new topics

top topics

join