It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Wins? YOU decide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I wanted to put this down in writing before my head explodes. I hope you get some idea of what I am thinking about because I know I am not always very good at explaining my way of thinking. I wll try my best.

Generally in most situations there has to be a winner and a loser. I will be bluntly honest and say that very often I find myself in the losing camp. This is simply because I really have no strong urge to 'win' or to 'beat' somebody else.I am happy to see someone else's happyness when they win , so really i am not loosing. This winning and loosing situation applies to almost everything going on across the planet all the times. Playing games, bickering, politics, wars, who gets the last cookie.

However the point of this thread is that I have noticed a very dangerous situation arising over the last 5years or so. All situations I watch now people seem to be attaching themselves like superglue to their own thoughts and beliefs. From very simplistic situations to the most complex and dangerous situations I am noticing more and more that no one is willing to give an inch. Everything seems to be approaching a kind of stalemate. Nobody wants to agree on anything anymore.Today everyone is sticking to their guns. No one wants to budge. The planet has embraced 'lets agree to disagree'. In some situations this is very dangerous.

If this continues I can see two possible outcomes. The first one is we continue to fight with each other until the end of time. The second is we simply destroy ourslves and everything else.

The most disturbing part of it is that people are becoming so attached to their thoughts or views. It can be a real eye opener if someone actually starts to examine why they think the way they do. How many of these thoughts in your head that are screaming to be heard have been originated by you. How many of them have been planted in your head.
The human brain is like a sponge and will soak up any sort of crap. I have tried this myself on several different friends. I will be speaking to a friend about something they hate or are opposed to. I will gently drop in an idea about it, maybe something from outside the box or just something they would not have considered before. I will still let them win their argument and let their belief win out. Then the magic happens. I come back a few weeks later and raise the same issue. I find they have completely turned around their view on the matter and it usually has been grown from the seed I planted previously and they also have no idea of this.
How many thoughts or ideas in your head are really your own. This might not be easy to determine at first but it gets very very easy after a little practice. You need to screen everything with your inner self.

Anyway back to the point. I am just seeing now more and more people being feed bull and they get so attached to it they would nearly be willing to die for it. I see so many people spending their life doing what ever it takes to be a winner. They must be the best. Then they must ensure their kids have the best chance and will do everything and anything for them. Nobody wants to be on a lossing team anymore. Everyone must be a winner. If this keeps up we are all gonna loose.

Would you do whatever it takes to be a winner or for your kid to be a winner? Would you do anything it takes to stay on this planet? Really ? Watching the collapse of society in Egypt at the minute is shocking stuff. We should all be ashmed for allowing this to happen. the planet is in turmoil. We are all responsible for allowing situations like this arise.The political and economic models are corrupt and have failed.

The only solution that I could offer is that all the different spiritual leaders from every corner of the planet need to come together and show some leadership. They need to recognise the good things they share and ignore the things they don't. If we ignore the politicans and corrupt finance powers they will disappear. It really is so easy to fix this but we do everything we can to stop it happening. Why?

Do we need to surrender to really win? Would you lie down and surrender if it meant everyone could be a winner?

(Not sure if anyone will understand this)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Do we need to surrender to really win? Would you lie down and surrender if it meant everyone could be a winner?

(Not sure if anyone will understand this)

Understood perfectly, friend. And, if I could, I would lay down and Die, if every human being could have eternal health and happiness, in a world without war and hunger. In a heartbeat.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I just think its something that should be very easy to achieve. I don't understand why we are getting it so wrong. Everybody basically wants the same thing in life.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I am like you i do not give a toss about winning or losing, so like you i could be called a loser, as i see no advantage being a winner really. We all die and that die we go out the same way, alone.

I do not see whats the point in trying for things that are basically bull.

I think most people lack empathy and have never ever felt soething outside of themselves, and are so wound up in trying to get what they are told they should.

If you mentioned emapthy to them, its like a crazy idea, lol, even though all of us have this in different amounts.

I am thankful i stumbled on the path of the way i am, and could not care less for what others have, and i never did anything really to change that, and its no one elses business, but people keep trying and tell you how to live, while they are criminals and cheats in life.

I think there is good and evil. I judge things like this, and its like in the bible if something is good, then it does feel right. It may not be stimulating or nice all the time, and can be boring or lack lifes ambitions that you lot have, but like i said we all leave here one day, so why bother.

The world should wake up and reverse last centuries bogus greed push, and do the opposite. Like i say obama should be allowed by ptb to do anything, and the public in america will just accept it, as what choice do they have really.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Age old time worn mystery isnt it?

Apart from the incitement that gets created from media and politicians and religious leaders there really isnt a chance to get to the negotiations table without an agenda and a position attached.

That's the difference.
You simplified it when you wrote basically we all want the same things.

Very little if any talks and negotiations are done from a NEEDS based perspective, theyre all coming from a held fast blind POSITION perspective.

It's an art form that reaches the simplest terms yet an art form abandoned for greed, and lost in the idea that
"someone has to win" rather than "everyone can win".

It takes patience, and a clear head and open heart,
and sadly those evil demonic bastards in power and control wont allow that to happen, and our collective voice has been silenced long ago,
Hopefully it will return, but I dont see it as such until a great lesson is learned through an even greater loss that's coming.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I don't think we are ever really alone. I think we are all connected. More than we can imagine. I believe we are certainly not alone in death.

You ask 'why bother'. I just think we need to take some responsiblity. We need to mature as a community.

Maybe this place is only some sort of learning zone and I take it too seriously but what if we have been given a one of the greatest gifts ever and we are just throwing it in the rubish bin just like a kid breaks a toy it is bored with?
edit on 3-2-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

You have shown again how easy it should be. You have listed 3 simple requirements. We are not looking for saviours/superheros/aliens etc.

there must be a very simple key to unlock this puzzle.....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

You have shown again how easy it should be. You have listed 3 simple requirements. We are not looking for saviours/superheros/aliens etc.

there must be a very simple key to unlock this puzzle.....

A very simple key,

The older I get, and the more thought and experience I have on this matter, leads me to believe that what's missing is a shared unified base need,
and what I mean by that is;
(and this is no doubt going to sound way out there)

Those doing the controlling are not in anyway shape or form the same as those being controlled.
I would subscribe to the idea that our 'leaders' are (and I mean the real leaders the true movers and shakers)
are not human!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I totally understand what you are saying. I don't think it is 'out there' but its another one of those things that I try to reject because maybe I really don't want it to be true.

When look closely at yourself, your family, friends, work colleagues, the guy serving you a coffee, even the guy giving you the finger because you cut across him in traffic , you realise that we all want the same thing while we are here. People generally want to be happy and help others be happy.

Then you have those in control. I have often looked at them and their decisions. So often I come to the conclusion that you did. Its almost as if they are there to provoke. Maybe they are. Maybe they are put in place to test us? This is all one big test to see if the human race can pass it.

However , to go back to reality, as long as people want to follow , leaders will put themselves forward. If the leader has enough followers they can do whatever they want to. Maybe it is only when people realise they don't want to follow anymore that governments will fail. Of course it might be too late then because they have total control.

Maybe the unrest around the world is the beginning of people refusing 'to follow' anymore. Maybe people don't want a leader anymore.

If we all turned are backs to government control it would disappear. I'm afraid most people still want to follow.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So funny. The answers to the questions I ask now appear almost instantly. Came across this only tonite.

top topics

join