It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN newsanchors on Egypt riot, trying to create a different news

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

CNN newsanchors trying to create a different news

www.cnn.com

Check out the live coverage of the Egyptian on US channels. The Journalists in the area is consantly giving raw feed while the anchors cuts him off every time he says anything that seems to back up the demostrators

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-1-2011 by lost artistic because: edit of title

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Since the US is an ally of the Egypt regime and the country, thgis demonstration puts USA in a difficult position that these news anchors are aware of. News of shooting became a big story even though the video feed showed the sound came from people knocking a steel plate with metal rods, making that mechanical click wich did sound like gunshots.

I think this news coverage will tell alot about how the allies handle this kind of situation.

There is no doubht that what they have now called a raging riot is partly by creating a different news of sounds that is not gunshots but the civilians creating a barricade in the streets . (Btw they are impressive!)
urge to see the live coverage because this wil be edited later

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I must say it's quite embarrassing on how the US is handling the situation, it's quite obvious the administration was caught with their pants down. Obama will most likely go into hiding for awhile as to not have egg on his face. I started watching Hillary and had to quick turn it off because I felt embarrassed for her and us as a nation.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Blaming "the administration" for the crap coverage CNN is providing is a pretty simplistic view. The media does not necessarily align by administration but more by subfactions entrenched in our government.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The civilians have embraced the army wich is very unique. Erlier today a journalist in Egypt reported that because if the size of the people demostrating it had been neccesary to use inmates dressed like police to push the demostrators back with violence. One witness also reported that the looks of a policeman was as if he was affected by some drug.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've been watching al jazerra live coverage all morning and its been nuts!

They set the party headquarters on fire (still burning). And lots of other things are on fire.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Nowhere in my post did I blame the administration for what CNN is doing, my statement was based on the situation at hand, it's my opinion and if you don't like it I'm sorry and I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I was watching Ben Wedemans broadcast. I don't think they cut him because he was supporting the protesters, to me it looked like he kept losing his feed and getting it back. Also, how many times does he have to say that he's not telling how he got the feed, quit asking him CNN.

One must also remember that the police smashed and grabbed his camera and fired rubber bullets at his crew, I doubt he's particularly thrilled with the police response, he won't even go outside. However, there is the very real chance that leaving that room means losing the feed.

edit on 28-1-2011 by searching4truth because: fix journalists last name

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Not saying there is any direct orders from the administration, but there is politics in the ways these stories now are being told, at least from a outsiders view.

Cnn might be crappy in your eyes, but right now they have the best view of an area where you can analyze the situation better.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

It's a thread about CNN. You replied by talking about the administration. My apologies for drawing an erroneous conclusion in linking the two.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

This is better than CNN english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Iknow its crazy. His reports have been the whole reasomn i'm watching cnn. He is still on even though the teargas must be hell and the day earlier where it could have gone even worse than just the camera (even though these cameras are #ty expensive so its something).

The world economic forum is this weekend. strange how none of them has been asked what they feel about this situation since most of the news coverage is in Davos.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well they are not hidding it or censoring it here in the UK. A BBC Journalist has been caught up in the riots and was attackled by Egyptian Security forces.

A BBC journalist has been beaten during riots in the Egyptian capital.

Tens of thousands of anti-government protesters demanding an end to President Mubarak's 30-year rule took to the streets after Friday prayers

Journalist Caught Up in Protests

Video Interview provided in the link.

link   
Did they call the protests 'anarchists' yet? That's the MSM's favorite term for demonstrators these days.

link   

Thank you. Tried to find Al jazzera on the cable and on the internet, gonna watch both .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Welcome...they were showing it live. I think they're recapping now...not sure I got distracted listening. There have been all sorts of crazy reports about some police putting down their armor and joining the people and some other police being barricaded in their building. Also people cheering the army.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Problem is that Cnn is talking about the demostrators embracing the military, hile Al Jazzera just said they pushed a TANK?? in to the nile river to burn it? WHat the hell, doesn't even make sense and the size and weight is just not logical. Its actually truck that was put on fire outside earlier and not a tank. THis is even over an hour ago and it was not a building as they are saying but a way of barricading wich they have been doing several times trough this riot

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Egyptian Security Forces being who?

Also, hiding vs. skewing...two different things sort of?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

al Jazeera now reporting that in some cities there is no military or police to be seen at all. Also that some are cheering them and some are not.

There may be pockets of both happening in different cities. I'm sure it's a mess.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

As the government cracked down on protesters across Egypt, [color=gold]opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei, who returned home to Cairo to join the demonstrations, was placed under house arrest, a high-level security source told CNN.

ElBaradei, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and former head of the United Nations nuclear watchdog agency, was warned earlier not to leave a mosque near downtown Cairo where he was attending Friday prayers.

Mohamed ElBaradei

I had read elsewhere (sorry, no link) the reason for him returning to Egypt is that he wants to BE AVAILABLE in the event an alternative leader is demanded by the people.

I really don't have a vested interest in Islam nor Egypt nor Tunisia ... I AM, however, interested in the human condition.

Unfortunately, CNN's star has faded to the brightness of Nibiru. I watched CNN from it's inception about the same time MTV started. Wow, what a concept 24 news live from all over the world. Unscripted.

I hate say that I'd prefer to get live feeds from PressTV rather than CNN. Least I can somewhat trust they aren't candy coating the feeds.

edit on 1·28·11 by DrMattMaddix because: line breaks

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join