It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim taxi driver refuses woman with unopened alcohol

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

you can sue for anything, no matter how outlandish

This is why our legal system is so screwed up

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I agree entirely with other posters who are comparing the couple who ran the B&B refusing gay customers with the cabbie refusing to carry a passenger with alcohol.

And there was a bit more to the b&b story as well...The couple, devout christians, advertise their business online, specifically saying that they won't accommodate unmarried couples. Stonewall, the gay rights activist group had already reacted to the notice posted on the website a month before the gay couple booked

A month before Mr Preddy booked to stay at the B&B, Stonewall, the gay rights organisation, had warned the Bulls that a notice on their website about who could and could not stay was illegal.

The notice read: "We have few rules but please note that out of a deep regard for marriage we prefer to let double accommodation to heterosexual married couples only."

So why on earth would this gay couple go and book a room there? Surely they must have known that they would not be welcome...There are thousands of other guest houses they could have stayed in that would have welcomed them!

Oh...that's right...£1,800.00 compensation each!!!

B&B discrimination

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
The notice read: "We have few rules but please note that out of a deep regard for marriage we prefer to let double accommodation to heterosexual married couples only."

So why on earth would this gay couple go and book a room there? Surely they must have known that they would not be welcome...There are thousands of other guest houses they could have stayed in that would have welcomed them!

And why the hell did Rosa Parks insist on sitting in the middle of the bus when she knew very well there were lots of seats in the back?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I think that's diluting the point somewhat...That applied to all buses...this was one B&B in ten's of thousands in the Uk, that was specifically targeted by a gay rights group! And I don't recall Rosa Parks suing anyone either...

And there are plenty of hotels, guest houses etc that say "NO Children" Now what would I do if I was taking my daughter on a break? book into one of these places then sue them when refused? No, that would be stupid...I would book a child friendly hotel to ensure that we both had a good time!

And to be honest, I would not book into a b&b run by devout christians...but there are probably many devout christians looking for a short break who would love to go there as they would know they would get on with the owners, I know I wouldn't, but I wouldn't expect them to change, I'd just go elsewhere...

edit on 29-1-2011 by destination now because: to add a bit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join