It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fear 'war on cops'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
When police took private money to protect known krooks like they did at occupy wall street, while leaving the liability for their actions on the public purse like they also did there, they have to ask THEMSELVES what am I doing wrong

maybe a good book about Nuremberg ought to be required reading for all minions.
also the night of the long knives:

The Night of the Long Knives, in June 1934, saw the wiping out of the SA's leadership and others who had angered Hitler in the recent past in Nazi Germany. After this date, the SS lead by Heinrich Himmler was to become far more powerful in Nazi Germany.

For all the power the Enabling Act gave Hitler, he still felt threatened by some in the Nazi Party. He was also worried that the regular army had not given an oath of allegiance. Hitler knew that the army hierarchy held him in disdain as he was 'only ' a corporal in their eyes. The Night of the Long Knives not only removed the SA leaders but also got Hitler the army's oath that he so needed.

By the summer of 1934, the SA's numbers had swollen to 2 million men. They were under the control of Ernst Röhm, a loyal follower of Hitler since the early days of the Nazi Party. The SA had given the Nazi's an iron fist with which to disrupt other political parties meetings before January 1933. The SA was also used to enforce law after Hitler became Chancellor in January 1933. To all intents, they were the enforcers of the Nazi Party and there is no evidence that Röhm was ever planning anything against Hitler.

However, Röhm had made enemies within the Nazi Party - Himmler, Goering and Goebbels were angered by the power he had gained and convinced Hitler that this was a threat to his position.

By June 1934, the regular army hierarchy also saw the SA as a threat to their authority. The SA outnumbered the army by 1934 and Röhm had openly spoken about taking over the regular army by absorbing it into the SA. Such talk alarmed the army's leaders.

By the summer of 1934, Hitler had decided that Röhm was a 'threat' and he made a pact with the army. If Röhm and the other SA leaders were removed, the rank and file SA men would come under the control of the army but the army would have to swear an oath of loyalty to Hitler. The army agreed and Röhm's fate was sealed.

On the night of June 29th - June 30th 1934, units of the SS arrested the leaders of the SA and other political opponents. Men such as Gregor Strasser, von Schleicher and von Bredow were arrested and none of them had any connection with Röhm. The arrests carried on for 2 more nights.

Seventy seven men were executed on charges of treason though historians tend to think the figure is higher. The SA was brought to heel and placed under the command of the army. Hitler received an oath of allegiance from all those who served in the army. Röhm was shot. Others were bludgeoned to death.

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What did the cops expect would happen?
When you treat people like animals you are going to get bit.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Beautiful post brother! One of the best posts I have ever read!

edit on 13-7-2012 by KingPanzergrenadier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's amazing what some members have posted in this thread and how anti-establishment people are. Sometimes I really do wonder why I bother to argue the point in threads such as this but I do feel it's important. Police officers are very brave people, they protect vulnerable victims and witnesses and also help to stop and prevent crime as well as deal with the ever-changing climate of violence. Take last week for example, an officer was shot dead here in the UK after intervening whilst off-duty. Would you be brave enough to intervene in an incident where your life is in danger?

I will accept that at times the police do not get it right and individuals do not get it right however, collectively the police service is always improving and moving forward. Contrary to popular belief police officers are not taught things like "they are the enemy". The fact is anyone can be a criminal regardless of gender, race, colour or creed and unfortunately members of the public have a tendency to pounce on the option that sounds the best to them - the minority of people just have a complete lack of respect towards police officers. A friend has nearly completed their 30+ years in the police service and they have dedicated so much time to the public it is unbelievable.

I can go on and on but you kind of get my drift, I hope. If police officers are shown the respect they deserve this will in turn filter down to the public. Respect works both ways.
edit on 13-7-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Live by the sword die by the sword.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Why are people shooting cops? They are doing their jobs. Yeah , they are ass holes , but they dont deserve to die. They simply do their Job , do some of them break the law? Hell yes. However , if you needed help , im sure 99% of them would do what they could to save you. If you ran from them? I am sure 99% of them would give you a welp or two , but that doesnt mean he wouldnt give his life to protect you if you needed help.

Police officers are doing their job appointed of them by the states and federal government.

I cant stand Obama , but i would give my life to protect his. Doesnt mean i have to like you , just means i respect you and your choice as a human being. However , again , i would still punch you in the face , Obama included.

edit on 19-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47
[more My first thuoght ... somebody is real tired of the corrupt police and pushing back , second thought , for the honest peace officers, who have my utmost respect, this could be a grand oppurtunity to clean house .

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47
[more My first thuoght ... somebody is real tired of the corrupt police and pushing back , second thought , for the honest peace officers, who have my utmost respect, this could be a grand oppurtunity to clean house .

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
It's amazing what some members have posted in this thread and how anti-establishment people are. Sometimes I really do wonder why I bother to argue the point in threads such as this but I do feel it's important. Police officers are very brave people, they protect vulnerable victims and witnesses and also help to stop and prevent crime as well as deal with the ever-changing climate of violence. Take last week for example, an officer was shot dead here in the UK after intervening whilst off-duty. Would you be brave enough to intervene in an incident where your life is in danger?

I will accept that at times the police do not get it right and individuals do not get it right however, collectively the police service is always improving and moving forward. Contrary to popular belief police officers are not taught things like "they are the enemy". The fact is anyone can be a criminal regardless of gender, race, colour or creed and unfortunately members of the public have a tendency to pounce on the option that sounds the best to them - the minority of people just have a complete lack of respect towards police officers. A friend has nearly completed their 30+ years in the police service and they have dedicated so much time to the public it is unbelievable.

I can go on and on but you kind of get my drift, I hope. If police officers are shown the respect they deserve this will in turn filter down to the public. Respect works both ways.
edit on 13-7-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

Well, that's a real nice post there but it still doesn't answer why full grown adults can't remove a 3 inch knife from the hands of a mentally challenged 60 years old that can barely walk without shooting him down like a pig.

Why they taser a kid in a wheel chair or why they shot a guy in handcuffs...

If they can't handle a old man, an handicap and kids why the F*** do we pay them 80 000$+ a year?

Everything has limits, they crossed theirs AWHILE back...
edit on 20-7-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Well you certainly can't try to blame this on Palin either.

But you can put the blame on people like Ice T.

www.lyricsfreak.com...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

This Guy?

Yeah, I'm sure the officers that were killed (RIP) was a direct correlation to the song he made 20 years ago.
Get real man, your posts always seem to sing the same song...
edit on 20-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Lol, this is what happens when you work for tyrants, people will shoot you

No sympathy from me whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Police fear 'war on cops'

www.msnbc.msn.com

A spate of shooting attacks on law enforcement officers has authorities concerned about a war on cops.

In just 24 hours, at least 11 officers were shot. The shootings included Sunday attacks at traffic stops in Indiana and Oregon, a Detroit police station shooting that wounded four officers, and a shootout at a Port Orchard, Wash., Wal-Mart that injured two deputies. On Monday morning, two officers were shot dead and a U.S. Marshal was wounded by a gunman in St. Petersburg, Fla.

(visit the link for the full news article)

I wonder how many Citizens where killed by Police Officers in the same time frame?

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join