It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did they Nazis say they where Aryans?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
By the way a thesaurus and a spelling guide may make good acquistions. Also look up genocide.

Oh.. stop you are hurting my fellings. Not. You must have confused me with someone who gives a #.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
Saddam as one of the most hated persons in history???

No one said anything about saddam. So if you cant read and see whats going on, dont respond.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm sorry , I was wrong, you are just a kid looking for attention. The problem with this discussion with you is you know too little history to actually contribute qualitatively, but feel the need to compensate with quantity.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I dont understand why you keep insulting me?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by nathraq
Saddam as one of the most hated persons in history???

No one said anything about saddam. So if you cant read and see whats going on, dont respond.

I was qouting someone else in your thread, who you seemed to have no problem with.

Relax

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sorry nath, I was feeling ganged up on.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I believe that you moved the thread off its actually topic - it was about "Why the nazi's say they where (sic) Aryans". I found your intervention to be sidetracking whilst not being based on anything other than Bush bashing - for the record I am not a Bush fan, but I do realize that jumping on the "lets beat bush" at any given moment is not the correct thing to do.

As for me "insulting you"? Hmmmm I guess the fact that you picked at any thing had nothing to do with it? I am sorry it became a bunfight though.

I also want to thank Nath for his input as to other candidates for the most hated people in history. Its probably a great topic for another thread.

By the way Spittin Cobra, I find your new avatar highly offensive. I am sure my opinion will not change your mind about it, but I would like to suggest that you try not to offend Christians around the world.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525
im not sure where htis post belongs but i would really want to know for it haws being bugging me for some time now. There is one big reasons why this bugs me and mainly i am Persian (iranian) and as some people know we are (persians) the true Aryan race. Im not using it as in saying the master race but the name Aryan was the persians. Iran meens land of the aryan for crying out loud. What i wanted to know why was the Nazis used this name to descirbe them selves??

[edit on 11-7-2004 by zi2525]

zi2525, I have also wonder the same thing. However I am not familiar with the Persians (Iranians) being the Aryans. Ancient Hindu texts, the Rig Veda, is about the Aryans, the ancient Hindu god Ram from the epic the Ramayana is an Aryan. The swatiska used by the germans is a stolen symbol turned on different angle from an ancient Hindu symbol.

Now back to Hitler, why did he choose to associate with the Aryans? Probably because he was mentally ill. Remember Hitler was short dark hair man, yet his perfect race was blonde hair and blue eyes. He was not logical.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
WW: it is rather ironic that Hitler didn't fit his ideal of the ubermensch... yet he kept striving to create it. A small dark man who failed at art trying to create a race he could rule but could never be part of.

I found this on wikipedia which addresses some of the debate

"The idea of the "Aryan race" arose when linguists identified the Avestan and Sanskrit (ancient languages of Persia and Northern India, respectively) as the oldest known relatives of all the major European languages, including Latin, Greek, and all Germanic and Celtic languages. They argued that the speakers of these languages originated from an ancient people who must have been the ancestors of all the European peoples.

These hypothetical ancestors were given the name Aryans, from the Sanskrit and Avestan word Arya, which means "noble person". From this point the term "Aryan" came to mean something similar to "white European" — excluding the Jewish and Arab peoples, because their ancestral languages (Hebrew and Arabic) do not belong to the Indo-European family.

It is notable that in the Vedas the word Arya is never used in a racial or ethnic sense. It is still used by Zoroastrians, Buddhists, and Jains, as well as Hindus, to mean "noble" or "spiritual". It is similar to the Sanskrit word sri, an epithet of respect."

"The Russian Steppe theory of Aryan origins was not the only one circulating during the nineteenth century. Many German scholars argued that the Aryans originated in ancient Germany or Scandinavia, or at least that in those countries the original Aryan ethnicity had been preserved. It was widely believed in that the Vedic Aryans were ethnically identical to the Goths, Vandals and other ancient Germanic peoples of the V�lkerwanderung. This idea was often intertwined with anti-semitic ideas. It was claimed that there were distinct "Aryan" and "Semitic" peoples, based on these assumptions about the linguistic and ethnic history of the ancient world. In this way Semitic peoples came to be seen as an alien presence within "Aryan" societies. During this time Arthur de Gobineau became read around Europe."

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You people are so suspicious it was a serious scientific survey (alliteration - do I get extra points?) - they asked Sadam Hussein and all his henchmen who the most hated people in history were? Third place was taken by Mrs Hussein.

Oh boy alliteration.
I thought maybe it was a semi-serious, pseudoscientific survey.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
well hitler called blond hair and blue eyes aryan but he is stupid there is supposedly aliens called aryans. bolgna maybe but hitler was pure evil that man was evil personified how could one person and his followers be that evil. i mean it seems a damn good possibility he was manipulated by aliens. there technology advanced so fast. and anyone with that funny of a mustach cant be all human

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
bush is not the #2 hatred person . mussolini before bush heck mccarthy before bush. Stalin before him to bush is gonna let gays get married for cryin out. does that sound like hatred?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

These little most hated people in history lists are totally unscientific surveys taken by some obscure magazine in some obscure country - Hungary being an excellent case in point.

Hungary really isn't some obscure country. Check its history... it used to encompass almost all of Europe less than a century ago. I think it's viable to say that Hungary is a typical European nation and their opinion most likely reflects the rest of Europe.

But that's just my analysis.

Anyway, I don't mean to take this thing off topic ... just clearing some things up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join