It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

41% of NYC pregnancies end in abortion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Specifically non-Hispanic Blacks have a 59.8% abortion rate.
Hispanics have a 41.3% abortion rate.
Asians have a 22.7% abortion rate.
And non-Hispanic Whites have a 20.4% abortion rate.

source

searched around a bit on ats and there was much about abortion, but most of what i found was just about our beliefs on the issue.
as a male, i am pro-choice and think a woman does have the right to choose.
mainly because to make something illegal, there needs to be a penalty and i am not
willing to lock up pregnant women in order to force the birth, avoiding an abortion.
yet these numbers that i have posted were quite shocking in my opinion.
a few issues that crossed my mind.
is it truly so much of a race issue?
what role does economics play, are black woman afraid because they can't afford the baby?
while on average white woman are more financially comfortable?
i'd bet that not too many years ago the hispanic number would be much lower.

i have no doubt that these numbers may be off from a national average just because it's n.y.c.
i'll do some searching when i get a chance.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least. Seems off to me, but what do I know...I'd be interested to see what else you might find. As to the question of race...probably not...it's probably more economic or class-related.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It is likely both cultural and the fact that blacks comprise the highest group living in poverty - a condition seldom conducive to feeding more mouths.

And I am of the opinion that the moment of the soul enering the vessel is at first breath - supported in many religious teachings (including the Talmud, and said to be the Word of God...).

If this is the case...then all we do in aborting pregnancy is terminate a developing vessel. And I would rather do that than condemn a soul to poverty, hunger, neglect and abuse.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is absolutely tragic.

I really don't know what to say. Well couple that with the divorce rate in america and it makes me wonder just how many non-immigrants are raising families.

Soon that one-child policy may come up, like china.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Culturally related? Racially related? Nahhh its stupidity related if a whopping 45% end in abortion. ( It sure sounds off to me.. thats really an incredible percentage) If 45% of human beings cant figure out how NOT to get pregnant, theyre too stupid to have ability to get pregnant and maybe should be temporarily sterilized.That would take care of the problem on both ends. Especially when you're poor, especially when you have more than one and especially when you are receiving govt aid.

Not intending to hurt anyone who's had an abortion really but 45 % of people not being able to figure it out is simply amazing... and I wonder what the percentage are of multiple abortions for this 45%.. somehow I was magically able to NOT get pregnant untlil after I had attained some goals in my mid/late twenties.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting! I think these people need to be aborted!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I was surprised at this number but it's actually down from 46% in 1998. So that's good. I think the answer is still education and access to birth control.

According to this chart, it looks like 1981 was the highest national abortion rate (30.3%) and in 2008, it was 22%, so it is getting better. That's good.

Chart

The State of New York seems to follow that trend, although the numbers are higher than the country at large.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I was surprised at this number but it's actually down from 46% in 1998. So that's good. I think the answer is still education and access to birth control.

According to this chart, it looks like 1981 was the highest national abortion rate (30.3%) and in 2008, it was 22%, so it is getting better. That's good.

Chart

The State of New York seems to follow that trend, although the numbers are higher than the country at large.

Id read that folks wont take birth control, use condoms or use BC or condoms properly. Apparently they arent capable of abstinence and cant figure out there are lots of ways to express your sexuality without penetration and ejaculation. The only way I can figure is to temporarily sterilize folks when they cant manage things for themselves through ignorance/lack of education or willful disregarding any form of prevention since they can get a free/sliding scale abortion. I dare say condoms dont break 45% of the time and other BC methods are that unreliable. KWIM?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Id read that folks wont take birth control, use condoms or use BC or condoms properly.

Well, that is their choice and they have to deal with the consequences.

Apparently they arent capable of abstinence and cant figure out there are lots of ways to express your sexuality without penetration and ejaculation.

It's not that they aren't capable, perhaps they just don't CHOOSE to.

The only way I can figure is to temporarily sterilize folks when they cant manage things for themselves through ignorance/lack of education or willful disregarding any form of prevention since they can get a free/sliding scale abortion.

You're advocating taking away reproductive rights of citizens. I'm sorry, I cannot support that.

I dare say condoms dont break 45% of the time and other BC methods are that unreliable. KWIM?

I don't think anyone is claiming that this number is from failed BC methods.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Then you pay for it and pay for the medical care resulting from multiple abortions being performed with impunity on young bodies under the guise of choice and freedom. I hate the idea that fellow women are being abused in this manner by the medical community and a segment of the pro-choice community. Freedom and choice isnt a free for all when you are using other people's money either.

This is like saying someone chooses to be lazy and not employed so we have to pay for them and house them. Hey, its their choice and its their freedom. How about taking some responsibility and going hungry and being cold if you choose to exercise that freedom? Nope, we wont allow that either just as we wont allow women who behave in this manner for whatever reason to use abortion like birth control on our dime. WOmen who do not wish to get pregnant and can not afford their own abortion should opt for temp sterilization. How in Gods name is that taking away someone's reproductive rights??

edit on 20-1-2011 by Advantage because: I can NOT spell or type today...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

thanx for the links.
some of these numbers are insane.
look at the percentage in some of the world.

here is just part.

Percentage of Pregnancies Aborted by Country (countries listed by percentage)

Greenland 2007 51.1 Russia 2008 44.7 Guadeloupe 2007 39.8 Nagorno-Karabakh 2007 38.1 Cuba 2007 37.0 Romania 2008 36.6 Estonia 2008 34.4 Bulgaria 2008 32.0 Martinique 2007 31.6 China (PRC) 2007 31.1 Hungary 2008 30.8 Latvia 2008 30.4 Moldova 2008 29.0 Cocos Islands 1978 28.6 Belarus 2008 28.2 Georgia 2008 28.1 Belize 1996 28.0 Kazakhstan 2008 26.8 Sweden 2008 25.8 Korea, South (ROK) 1999 25.6 New Caledonia 1998 25.2 French Guiana 2007 25.0 Slovakia 2008 24.3 Reunion 2007 23.5 Singapore 2008 23.4 Armenia 2008 23.2 Serbia 2008 23.2 Seychelles 2006 23.2 Vietnam 2007 23.2 United States 2005 22.6 Ukraine 2008 21.9 New Zealand 2008 21.6 France 2007 21.4 Norway 2008 20.9 United Kingdom 2008 20.9 Canada 2006 20.7

link

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I shake my head at the complaints that we are too overpopulated (not true), and then in the same breath, complain about abortions.

Huh?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Then you pay for it and pay for the medical care resulting from multiple abortions being performed with impunity on young bodies under the guise of choice and freedom.

Freedom isn't free.
I also pay for people who drive drunk, people who live risky lives, people who smoke... I also pay for wars. We don't get to pick and choose where our tax dollars go. But that's life in our current culture. Better I pay for their abortion than pay for them to raise an unwanted child.

I hate the idea that fellow women are being abused in this manner by the medical community and a segment of the pro-choice community.

I don't get that at all. The medical community is providing a service, they aren't dragging these girls off the streets and giving them abortions against their will. They know what sex can lead to and they are choosing to have sex and choosing to get an abortion.

WOmen who do not wish to get pregnant and can not afford their own abortion should opt for temp sterilization. How in Gods name is that taking away someone's reproductive rights??

You said nothing in your previous post about this sterilization being voluntary. That's very different. I'm all for that if the person VOLUNTEERS to do so... That's their choice.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Margaret Sanger was a notorious racist.
Seems her dream (nightmare, really) is coming true ...

Abortion is black genocide

The purpose of this web site is to expose the disproportionate amount of Black babies destroyed by the abortion industry. For every two African American women that get pregnant one will choose to abort. A Black baby is 5 times more likely to be killed in the womb than a White Baby.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

They know what sex can lead to and they are choosing to have sex and choosing to get an abortion.

I wish they could have exercised the "right to choose" not to get pregnant.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I shake my head at the complaints that we are too overpopulated (not true), and then in the same breath, complain about abortions.

Huh?

IMO we arent overpopulated and for me abortion isnt a population issue.. nor a religious one. Im pro choice for everyone else and anti abortion for myself. Im also anti abortion used as birth control, on anyojne's dime but the person who chooses it, and desperately looking for ways to prevent younger ones from having them/preventing unwanted pregnancy... since free BC and condoms arent working. The dirty truth is that abortions cause a lot of problems for those that have them.. mainly those that have them multiple times. I have read no real studies on it.. a decade in an ER has shown me in living color what women suffer due to it. When I have seen barely post puberty children come in hemorrhaging or with perforations.. among other things.. it really makes me sick. Women seem to be so concerned about their rights to do what they want they never take into account the victims n their little rights war... other women. Higher incidents of breast cancer, loss of fertility, organ damage, loss of the uterus at a very young age resulting in a lifetime of issues including bladder prolapse ( which is a bigger deal than you think) and organ misplacement, etc etc etc.. its NOT just getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy many times.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The purpose of this web site is to expose the disproportionate amount of Black babies destroyed by the abortion industry. For every two African American women that get pregnant one will choose to abort. A Black baby is 5 times more likely to be killed in the womb than a White Baby.

This is an EXCELLENT point and a great post.

If only people could understand that the "pro-choice" lobby was and is an extremely progressive/liberal operation, and then make the connection between the progressive stance and their desire to have absolute control over the population...even to the extent of selectively killing minority babies before they are born.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Keep up the good work NYC. Down with babies!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The race breakdown of herpes percentages is almost a duplicate of that one. It has to do with the high percentage of impoverished people right? Or unless they're not that impoverished now and old habits die hard?

How does a white person have this conversation without seeming racist??

edit on 20-1-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Originally posted by FlyersFan

This is an EXCELLENT point and a great post.

If only people could understand that the "pro-choice" lobby was and is an extremely progressive/liberal operation, and then make the connection between the progressive stance and their desire to have absolute control over the population...even to the extent of selectively killing minority babies before they are born.

They dont want to understand.. they keep crying freedom and right to choose when they dont see the real issues surrounding it. They will NEVER counsel a girl who has had more than one abortion to choose temporary or permanent sterilization ( depending on her age) and tell her what she is risking by having abortions. It almost seems like they dont WANT to prevent pregnancies and simply want to promote the abortion racket.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join