It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Season Premiere of Stargate Sg-1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That episode was cool especially the replicators and that new baal guy, sounds like the new season is going to rock
:bash:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I miss General Hammond already.

No, Gen Jack will make a funny base commander (I suppose).

I liked the premier too. Though I'm getting sick of Replicators. Especially love sick replicators.

But I'm developing STRONG DOUBTS about the Atlantis spin off.

The Wraith are just stupid. They beat the Ancients but this new SG team outsmarts them every week? (like they joked in the lowdown)

I just want more Azguard. MORE THOR!!! Less Samantha Carter's love life. Girls have cooties.
j/k

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The season premier was cool. Watched it twice. The season looks great. Not sure about a human replicators looking like carter. Guess Fifth just had to have her.

Anyway. Awesome show.

We'll have to see about Atlantis. It looks ok. But first season and all, I'll give it a go.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I totally missed the season finale from last year and was jerked off they didn't show it Friday before the premier. That should be a given.

Was it cool? They killed the ascended one I see?

Anyone know when they'll reshow it? SG1 isn't back for two weeks since they have to premier Atlantis.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I saw it , it was cool but I dont think they will reshow it soon. Complain here www.scifi.com

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with RANT, I'm sick of the damn Replicators. They're so....overdone. And now they're led by some man-boy that's in love with Carter....ok.

It makes sense that O'Neil would be promoted but it's going to be strange to see him in charge.

I'm wondering how this Baal thing will play out. I just remember him being a sadistic torturer that continuously killed and revived O'Neil. I don't know how big of a menace he's going to be. I was interested in the Goa'uld defector though (the same guy that plays Rahde on Andromeda) I wonder if it's just a trick...

My biggest gripe about the new season is what they've done to T'iluk (sp?).
Not only does he have hair, which is disturbing to me after 7 seasons of a bald T'iluk, they're trying to make him more human. All that smiling is just....creepy. T'iulk doesn't smile dammit!!!
Another (dorky) gripe is that T'iluk has natural curly hair now, but he was supposed to have straight hair. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ya know, with the replicators ability to advance technology so fast-reminds me of borg-they may show up to bug Atlantis gate.
As for taking on those who "distroyed" the "ancients", remember Thor and the boy's were getting their a$$'s kicked until some low tech ideas came into play-the same thing may happen here.
Just my thoughts

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I love the Stargate series but didn't quite understand how they explained the replicators getting out of the severely time dilated area they were in. I mean I thought an earlier episode stated it would be over 1,000 years before we had to deal with them again. A black hole in the vicinity of this area would slow down time more not speed things up. I guess that's why they call it sci "fi". Putting extra emphasis on the fiction part.

If you want a quick summary of the final episode I will attempt it here otherwise skip over this post.

Read below.
************** If you haven't seen last season's final episode and don't want to know, skip the following***************

Let's see Neill with 2 l's as he so proudly stated in one episode, got the knowledge of the ancients downloaded into his head in the next to final episode. Using his subconscious mind in the final episode he apparently took everything but the kitchen sink along with him on a scout ship. He packed along Haz mat suits, and lots of special gear. Anyway after word got out that the really bad guy was sending his fleet to attack Earth in 3 days, SG1 using Neill's direction went far off in an unknown direction. Everyone trusted Neill's subconscious knowledge. Anyway they arrived at a dead planet seeing nothing of interest. Neill got to the controls of the scout ship and then they spotted the lava encrusted dome. SG1 beamed down with Haz mats suits stocked on board by Neill and recovered a power crystal used to power an Ancient outpost showing Earth billions of years ago before the continents shifted. They said Atlantis is on Earth? not sure if statement or question.

After the Anubis spy on board the scout ship nearly killed Teal'c old friend and mentor, SG1 returned to the ship with the power crystal to return to Earth. It was taking some time, then Neill said we need to go faster. He used (Mcgiver fashion) some screwdrivers and tin can he brought along to make the ship go several times faster than thought possible. Anubis was waiting for Earth to present it's defenses. A few reports of carriers etc. were reported blown up at sea. They hid the US newest star ship for the final battle so that Anubis wouldn't know that was all we had. Anubis would have wiped out Earth before Neill could save the day. Anyway Teal'c nearly crashes the scout ship coming out of hyperdrive too fast close to Earth. It was necessary though to prevent Anubis from blasting the scout ship away. The scout ship with SG1 was not detected while in hyperspace. Anyway Neill pilots over Antartica and starts his heavy duty beam ray to melt through over a mile of ice. Hammond appears to fly over and protect the scout ship with SG1 in our large US star ship. A battle ensues. Teal'c (I believe or maybe his old mentor) left to get as much ships and others to help defend Earth as possible after they left the lava planet.

SG1 held off Anubis superior infantry dressed in black with some effective stun weapons while Neill loaded the power crystal into the Lost City Outpost. Neill got in the chair and fast floating beams of light came shooting out of a hole in the ground. They killed Anubis two or 3 soldiers attacking SG1 in the Outpost. Then the light raced upwards past Hammond getting ready to ram Anubis ship with the US star ship (little chance of success, but heroic effort by Hammond). The light ripped through Anubis's mother ship and he shouted "NOOOO". The light finished off the rest of the fleet and pretty much end of story. Neill stepped into a booth to get frozen to save his life. The president of the US was going to announce to the public the existence of the stargate but I'm not sure if he got a chance to make the speech. I believe foreign leaders were advised though.

[Edited on 13-7-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
NOOOO!!!!

Arent you supposed to put *SPOILERS* or something when you have a thread like this??? SOME of us havent seen it yet...
You just ruined it...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Are you referring to the final episode of the last season's SG1 series? It was on months ago here. That's what I summed up, not any of the new season.

Oh, after rereading this, I see the others above posted about the first of the new SG1 episodes with the replicators back. I liked it overall but was a little bit turned off with bringing the replicators back.

[Edited on 13-7-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
/agree replicators suck

it's like a gay version of the t-1000 they have a weapon that rox them so just blow them to hell already.

These gotta be more evil crap in the universe that wants to battle, those lizard alien guys posing as demon were trippy.

Yeah that chick in charge of SG-1 is gay too bring back baldie!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Actually that "chick" in charge of the current SG1 I believe is going to be in charge of the new Atlantis group. I'm not 100 percent sure but thought I read it somewhere. I hope that doesn't take away from the new series too much.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Are you referring to the final episode of the last season's SG1 series? It was on months ago here. That's what I summed up, not any of the new season.

And I appreciate it. Yes, it's like a year old but I never saw it. Sounds GREAT! Better than the premeire.

I LOVE Ancients stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You know sci fi creators really listen to fan forums these days.

Someone posted coming changes to Enterprise recently and it was like everything we had been bitching about being corrected.

So the more we say REPLICATORS SUCK...the more likely Peter Delouise will google us and get his head out of his butt.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Didn't Peter Deluise play the retared guy in Seaquest? I think the character's name was Dagwood. Or was that his brother? They both kind of look the same and they both were in Seaquest and are in SG-1.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Lone Spartan
I saw it , it was cool but I dont think they will reshow it soon. Complain here www.scifi.com

They reshowed it a week before the new season started.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Didn't Peter Deluise play the retared guy in Seaquest? I think the character's name was Dagwood. Or was that his brother? They both kind of look the same and they both were in Seaquest and are in SG-1.

Never even heard of Seaquest before ATS, but I know he was in 21 Jumpstreet with Jonny Depp and that Grieco (spider) clown. He directs SG-1 though now doesn't he? Not "in" it... though his Dad DOM did an episode as that annoying hologram guy. (Which needed Burt Reynolds to play his sidekick IMO.)

Or maybe I'm just insane. In my world that's what's going on anyway.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If anyone is interested, there are about 45 minutes left on this show on the scifi channel right now at 8:14 Eastern Standard Time. The season premier of the old SG1 series is being rerun right now. I thought the first 45 minutes was a little bit slow with lots of talking and not so much action but it was entertaining especially after that. I'm really looking forward now to the Atlantis series but still looking forward to great new episodes of the SG1 series.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
StarGate is dead.

"Coming up next week on an all new StarGate SG1, Tea'lc gets trapped in a video game."

Isn't that the official swan song of every sci fi series? :shk:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Yeah it woz dagwood. being a scifi uk viewer we used to get seaquest... but not stargate damnit, i gotta wait for skyone for that

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join