It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

odbc.dll doesnt match the odbc drivers, help please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, I recently did an update for my windows XP, and when i tried restart my PC, it said an error about a msgina image file... So i replaced that. Next, it said my odbc.dll file was messed up, so i replaced that as well. Now my Windows starts up, but i get this error message that my odbc.dll and odbc drivers dont match... How can i fix this
?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

Check out this website: support.microsoft.com...

This article contains a listing of all the Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) drivers installed by:
Microsoft Access versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 7.0, and 97
Microsoft Data Access Components version 1.5c
Data Access Pack (Dataacc.exe)
Microsoft ODBC 3.0 drivers for Windows 95 and Windows NT (installed by GE1263.exe)
Microsoft ODBC Fulfillment Kit (Desktop Driver Pack 2.0)
Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Desktop Driver Pack
Microsoft Upsizing Tools.

I suggest if you've recently installed one of those packages of software: try re-installing.

Any more info you can provide?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thanks for trying to help gigi, but as far as i know, the only thing that changed from restarting the computer was Windows installing the update.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Aaah, a windows update. and you said you were on an XP machine? Check out this site. Sort by install date and get rid of whatever one you think might be doing it (or all of them for that day).

Reboot (it'll prolly make you do it) and try try again.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Before you rip any updates out, have you tried running scannow sfc? Just goodle it for instructions, this will check and restore all system file components to their original condition. SFC can be a pain to get working if not already set up, but a mionor registry tweak is all thats required. Goodluck, I hope this helps

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thanks bipolar, im pretty sure that what you suggested seemed to have fixed the problem...

top topics

join