It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can/Will You Now Watch What You Say?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I was wondering what the events of the past few days will do to the conspiracy community. Will some of us change what we discuss, or how we "word" things? Will those that have just awakened, go back to the "safer" way? I wonder how if I was to try to discuss a "conspiracy" theory with another, can an incident like this make them turn away?

This in all has made me think of many things, and how those of us that have come so far, became the "norm" in a way, and in a blink of an eye, it has changed. ATS became huge, because more people were choosing to learn, research and share, and how this could even effect the place that we all once thought of to express things that we couldn't with most.

The more we discuss this, and when this person finally begins to speak we dont know what he will say. We have to wait to hear who will be to blame for his actions, as people that do these things dont usually blame themselves.

Will we become the lepers once more? Has all the years of research and discussions taken us back to the dark ages of research? Could TPTB won? Maybe I'm tired, but I see everyone up in arms, and I see no reason to really discuss this person anymore, I am mostly worried about whats to come. I would hate to see us lose everything we worked so hard for, with family, friends, loved ones, to be lost out of fear of one man's quest to destroy.

Whether he is later found out to be mentally ill, or programmed, is to be waited for, but for now, I am concerned with my way.... our way of life, and the freedoms that we have shared, about the topics we hold dear.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Seems TPTB are already acting to shut us up. Bodies weren't even cold, and there was one gun control proposal, and another watch what you say proposal. Both by Dems.(fact, not fiction.) I'm not sure yet how to post links to the articles for verification. Noobie.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Let's see..."Give me Liberty or Give me Death."... is that vitrollic enough?

How about if I quote the Declaration of Independence...where it states that I have the rsponsibility...nay, the obligation as a citizen to overthrow a tyrranical government or ruler.... suggestive enough?

If I say, "I hope the President is a one term President."...is that too suggestive.

No, I try not to be hateful in my speech...however, I will not refrain from expressing my likes and dislikes of the current, past, or future administrations.

I used to be a center/conservative Democrat... the party moved so far left..I now find myself on the right.

Likewise, I have always expressed my concerns..both good and bad, of my government... free speech. But now, with the changing definition of inflammatory speech...I suddenly find myself...without moving a foot....from the center to extremist.

I often wondered how the Germans could have let the Nazis take control of Germany in the 1930s... now I know. It's like watching a contemporary interpretation of the past unfold before my eyes.

God Help Us All.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
as far as im concerned.. this is all "published", so .. rights? and well since its published, its fiction until theres proof otherwise.. correct..?..

correct.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I never have been one to watch what I say and I never will be. I can understand what you are feeling but, I hope this will not get blown out of proportion and cause problems here. I love this place
PEACE

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Humbug.

Those creeps already took everything else. I'll be more inclined to just let it loose now. I'm done tbFingH. My posts will be deleted, and the FBI may be sitting across from my street but I have the BIRTH RIGHT to say what I want and I'm nt going to be restrained anymore. Old girl from a couple days ago, I have no idea why she was attacked, nor did I know anything about it except from this web site.. But I'll say she probably deserved it. For what? Who knows. But I'm sure that poor gentlemen was just stressed out over something scandalous she said.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WraithXV

I'm not really sure what your talking about. Did I miss something? Ill re-read what you wrote but I am not familiar with the topic your referring to.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The uncensored exchange of ideas will never be stopped. Whether people "watch what they say" or not is totally dependent upon those individuals. I believe one should always watch what he/she says, in a sense. I don't really care for people using the anonymity of the internet to post idiotic/thoughtless things. Having said that, there has always been a stigma or danger attached to saying things opposed to the current establishment, and there are always those(most) who are afraid to speak there minds because of such.

But when I'm on my deathbed or even just at the end of the day...I want to be able to reflect upon myself and know that I spoke the truth as best I knew it, regardless of the consequences.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Here is something for you to ponder.

Why is it totally cool and ok to spray an automatic gun on the busy streets of Baghdad and it's not considered criminal?
And yet at the same time, if you spray a gun on the streets of any town USA, you are now a monster?

Oh I forgot, one has "government sanctioning" while the other has no legal shielding for their actions.

Makes no difference to me. So I go by the numbers.
How many people died in Iraq?
How many in Tuscon?

People need to get a grip. This whole story has been blown way out of proportion.

And the wars which are STILL going on are not even a footnote these days. No one cares.
Not to mention the countless mass murders that occur every year, in our nation and others.

I will not criticize folks so harshly when a balance of ethics is achieved.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Do not be bait
second line

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Let them bait me.

I don't care if I fall anymore. From one head, two will sprout. Let the poison run strong, and slow. It seems that even if we have this information as they process it and we stay on their heels.. They are still ahead of us. And now they've taken action with this shooting/false flag.

Now we must make a move of our own.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I was wondering what the events of the past few days will do to the conspiracy community. Will some of us change what we discuss, or how we "word" things? Will those that have just awakened, go back to the "safer" way? I wonder how if I was to try to discuss a "conspiracy" theory with another, can an incident like this make them turn away?

This in all has made me think of many things, and how those of us that have come so far, became the "norm" in a way, and in a blink of an eye, it has changed. ATS became huge, because more people were choosing to learn, research and share, and how this could even effect the place that we all once thought of to express things that we couldn't with most.

The more we discuss this, and when this person finally begins to speak we dont know what he will say. We have to wait to hear who will be to blame for his actions, as people that do these things dont usually blame themselves.

Will we become the lepers once more? Has all the years of research and discussions taken us back to the dark ages of research? Could TPTB won? Maybe I'm tired, but I see everyone up in arms, and I see no reason to really discuss this person anymore, I am mostly worried about whats to come. I would hate to see us lose everything we worked so hard for, with family, friends, loved ones, to be lost out of fear of one man's quest to destroy.

Whether he is later found out to be mentally ill, or programmed, is to be waited for, but for now, I am concerned with my way.... our way of life, and the freedoms that we have shared, about the topics we hold dear.

Peace, NRE.

There is no way in hell I would modify my speech or opinions based on a bunch of uneducated crap from morons. I was a Lt. in the US Navy - am I afraid of anything man can cause? Hell no. Everyone dies, and that's a fact.

So what would be so worth betraying what you believe, simply to gain a few minutes more time with your loved ones, so as to leave them with a lie?

We live to seek truth.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm not a psycho killer.

No.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow! I guess what I wrote may have been misunderstood. I was talking about both the person, and the community as a whole. This thread was in no way intended to upset anyone, or suggest that people change their ways, I was "asking" if people thought that some of the comforts of research and conspiracy talk will change.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What people fail to realize is that your words can be displayed as someone chooses. Words as screen shots can be edited, you can seem like a nice normal person, or a crazy lunatic, just based on what someone chooses to copy and paste.

We have this false sense of freedom, when in fact we can be dissected as an animal, and be shown to be incoherent, or even psychotic.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What people fail to realize is that your words can be displayed as someone chooses. Words as screen shots can be edited, you can seem like a nice normal person, or a crazy lunatic, just based on what someone chooses to copy and paste.

We have this false sense of freedom, when in fact we can be dissected as an animal, and be shown to be incoherent, or even psychotic.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join