It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with population control?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
If that's okay, why not prevent people with inferior genes from reproducing. It's also good for humanity, right?
edit on 11-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
If that's okay, why not prevent people with inferior genes from reproducing. It's also good for humanity, right?

Genes are not that important. Only people with serious genetic defects should be prevented from passing their illness on their children, but such cases are rare.

Other than that, I believe in a few decades genetically engineered designer babies will be common, so there is no point in such eugenic policies.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I will sum up the TPTB's position with a single quote from The Matrix:

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

- Agent Smith

Don't you think it's a little true? Population control is necessary, just as it is for any species. We conduct population controls on animals... Funny thing though, we are animals too; it's time for a little cleanup.

I say start with criminals... The US will have no problem in their quotas! lol
edit on 11/1/11 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Hey, if we're going to have to control people, we're going to have to choose people to control. Once we sterilize the poor (how are you going to stop them from reproducing?) we might have to sterilize people with inferior genes too, all for the betterment of the human race after all.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Hey, if we're going to have to control people, we're going to have to choose people to control. Once we sterilize the poor (how are you going to stop them from reproducing?) we might have to sterilize people with inferior genes too, all for the betterment of the human race after all.

1. Genes are a mix of superior, neutral and inferior alleles, so except some rare obvious cases, there is no "genetically superior" and "genetically inferior" person.
2. Genes are of very little importance anyway, compared to the influence of social and economic factors.
3. Designer babies will render this debate moot soon.

These are three reasons why sterilizing people with "inferior" genes is a stupid idea.

edit on 11/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

What if the people with hereditary problems such as heart disease are like Luddites who refuse to have designer babies? Then, unless you sterilize them, the babies who are born to them will undergo needless suffering.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

What if the people with hereditary problems such as heart disease are like Luddites who refuse to have designer babies? Then, unless you sterilize them, the babies who are born to them will undergo needless suffering.

If the disease is serious enough, then it is our moral duty to prevent these people from passing it on.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

Hi ,the real problem here as you will understand is not just the population decrease.There were many good posts here about the matter.

So a big deal about the NWO is that they will attempt to decrease population over the next few decades.

Making the decision about who lives and who dies puts one to a god position.Do they play gods?No matter what some might think they are humans and in my book NO human has the right to make that decision.As it was mention before it is a moral issue.

Is this necessarily a bad thing? (given that they use non-violent methods)

Violence is not always physical,it is mental as well.The less violent method i can think of is through drugs,but if these drugs are given to people without their consent it is still elimination of ones freedom to choose.The next thing that they can do is through propaganda and mind control.This is mind rape.
Unfortunatelly apart from all the wars that kill thousand of people,they use viruses and to a more conspiratory mood,they manipulate weather and earthquakes.

Now you may say that they will try to make us all stupid, unhealthy, weak, poisoned, etc.

This is very true.I can see it in daily bases.How ignorant people are,how they want to keep being blind.My favourite quote sums this up:"You show them the moon and they look at your finger".The majority of people feel confortable not knowing what is going on,they feel safe and TPTB use that.When you face personal issues why bother with the problems of the world or the person next to you.

But what can TPTB gain from making the majority of the human race weak sheep?

Power and money.Need to say more?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

What if all genetic conditions are so good for the norm, that even the slightest genetic deviation is considered as needless suffering? Then will we simply have to sterilize people who refuse to make designer babies?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

What if all genetic conditions are so good for the norm, that even the slightest genetic deviation is considered as needless suffering? Then will we simply have to sterilize people who refuse to make designer babies?

I think this will indeed be one of big ethical questions of 21st century, if designer babies will be widely available. Should parents have a right to refuse such genetic treatment of their baby, and have it natural way, even if it would mean lower quality of life for their child? I dont know the correct answer, it would depend on many things, but I am leaning towards no as an answer currently. Just like parents should not refuse other medical treatments if it means lowering the quality of life for their child or endangering it (transfusion, basic vaccination against dangerous diseases etc..), if easily available.
edit on 12/1/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Not having the option to choose because something is scientifically approved of is one of the foundations of scientific totalitarianism. Can you really approve of stripping people's rights away for their own good?
edit on 13-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

edit on 13-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

Well we were told by the most highest to LIVE AND BE FRUITFUL. NOT CONTROLL AND MANAGE WHOS GENES SHALL SURVIVE. So its going against the LORDs plans. And depopulation in a few decades better try yrs maybe if not months.
be well
edit on 1/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Not having the option to choose because something is scientifically approved of is one of the foundations of scientific totalitarianism. Can you really approve of stripping people's rights away for their own good?
edit on 13-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

Not for their own good, but only when it affects other people.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So you'd be fine with the idea that the end justifies the means?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So you'd be fine with the idea that the end justifies the means?

Sometimes it does, sometimes not. World is not black and white. You have to be more concrete than this to get any meaningful answer from me.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
Hey all, I'm new and this is my first thread here.

So a big deal about the NWO is that they will attempt to decrease population over the next few decades.

Is this necessarily a bad thing? (given that they use non-violent methods)

Now you may say that they will try to make us all stupid, unhealthy, weak, poisoned, etc.

But what can TPTB gain from making the majority of the human race weak sheep?

Thank you and please bear with my ignorance.

Do you have children? Just asking because the idea of limiting "population" means not having kids. My son is my world. I would fight heaven and hell for his right to exist. Your neutral opinion may change the moment you do have children.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I disagree. I think the world is very black and white; we only argue that it's gray so that we can excuse our black acts and beliefs.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

I disagree. I think the world is very black and white; we only argue that it's gray so that we can excuse our black acts and beliefs.

OK, whatever. And your point is?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

My point is I disagree. Population control is absolutely wrong, because it infringes on their natural rights. It is better we all starve than oppress people so some may have a more pleasurable life.
edit on 14-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join