It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know how they hide S4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Made by NASA to hide 'sensitive areas' from aerial imagery, it features no reflection and if you look at the hill from a lookout it looks like the normal environment, rock, sand, dust etc.

uavsar.jpl.nasa.gov...

uavsar.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellerman
Made by NASA to hide 'sensitive areas' from aerial imagery, it features no reflection and if you look at the hill from a lookout it looks like the normal environment, rock, sand, dust etc.

uavsar.jpl.nasa.gov...

uavsar.jpl.nasa.gov...

AMAZING where can I buy one for my island?

Oh wait, really really small..

Thanks for the LINK, pictures would have helped... Oo

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

To much sarcasm for one to assume that it is or is not sarcasm oO

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Wow who knew Bob Lazar still had a sycophantic following.

I'm still waiting for the back-engineered 'sport model' UFO to enter the entry-level flying machine market. Seriously I would be all over it in a flash, but only once I had fitted a sound system.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
what exactly are the pictures showing, I'm confused?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
just some mesh cloth on a frame is all i see...hello backstory, details, something else...what exactly are you trying to show here?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This apparently state of the art technology is being used to hide a secret airbase aka S4 where they take UFOs to bits and study their machinery, as claimed by one man ever who had no financial incentive to do so. No siree.

Its amazing that a secret airbase can be hidden by some sketchy looking triangular frameworks of a roughly desert coloration that no doubt cast huge shadows when the sun is low. Oh and to hide an entire hangar complex you would need a billion of them.

I don't know, but that Bob Lazar dude must have had a winning smile.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Looks like a radar reflector to me.

Mesh will work just fine to reflect radar.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It is a radar reflector. just follow the links in the original post.

This is part of a radar calibration array is located on Rosamond Dry Lake, north of Lancaster, California. It was established in the early 1990s for calibration of the NASA AIRSAR and SIR-C missions, as well as the Japanese JERS-1 synthetic aperture radar. It is composed of a set of calibration devices called "corner reflectors." These trihedral corner reflectors have a well-known radar backscatter at L-band wavelengths.

The reflectors are aligned East/West along the southern edge of the dry lakebed. There are two sets of reflectors: one set is oriented to be imaged by a radar flying at a heading of 170 degrees, and the other set is oriented to be imaged by a radar flying at a heading of 350 degrees. These orientations were chosen for space-borne radars that would be imaging the array. There are 13 reflectors on the 170-degree heading, and 10 on the 350-degree heading. The edge of each side of the corner reflector is 2.4m long.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Thanks a bunch. L-Band explains the large size.

Regarding camouflage, with multispectral imaging, it is a lot harder to hide stuff these days.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Funny how a Pentagon analyst doesn't know what a radar target looks like. ;-)
Kellerman the pentagon analyst

Now that his cover is blown, I guess Kellerman will show up under another user name.

Oh wait...there is the Pentagon City Mall. He could have been an analyst at the mall!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Funny how a Pentagon analyst doesn't know what a radar target looks like. ;-)
Kellerman the pentagon analyst

Now that his cover is blown, I guess Kellerman will show up under another user name.

Oh wait...there is the Pentagon City Mall. He could have been an analyst at the mall!

Quite possibly a fast food analyst. There are many possibilities there at the food court. He just didn't specify.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The bases' S-4 is hidden in Plain Sight.

see:

note the 'S' designation for Battalion HQs
note the 'G' designation for Division HQs

source: www.atroop412cav.com...

S-1: Personnel staff officer at brigade & battalion HQ
S-2: Intelligence staff officer at brigade & battalion HQ
S-3: Operations & training staff officer at brigade & battalion HQ
S-4: Logistics staff officer at brigade & battalion HQ
S-5: Civil Military Affairs staff officer at brigade & battalion HQ

S-4 is where the 'Supply' Sergeants and clerks do their work activities,
i worked in S-2 for 3 years

The 'S-4' mystique is a fabrication in my eyes...after all Why would a military designate 2 places
with the same designation? it would be confusing for a trooper to be ordered to report to S-4
and find out that the mattress he was requesting was in a black-ops, Alien detainment facility.

this hog wash has been perpetrated for nearly 50 years now, S4 indeed

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellerman
reply to post by badw0lf

To much sarcasm for one to assume that it is or is not sarcasm oO

Ahh I dunno, sometimes I just lose myself in a rut and when I reappear ... oh the carnage... 8[

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
not really realted to the thread,,,, but s4 has become slang, it does not relate to s-4 (which you are absolutly correct on). s4 is supposed to be site 4 not s4 or s-4. at that level it is very compartmentalized and site 4 may not be aware of site 5 which ran by a different government group for example.

new topics

top topics

join