It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox frozen halfways into a river right by the shore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Not far from the main road in Kragerô county in Norway, a fox was found totally stiff halfways over the ice.
Now this is strange already but even if the fox actually got stuck and then frozen, it would impossible for it to die in this state.

It's believed that the most logical theory is either that it got stuck and then died or got killed by shot and placed.

This area of Norway gets very thick ice trough the winter, but the temperature has been going up and down since The Volcano incident last year.

Both theories as more far fetched then this being some kind of anomaly because the energy of keeping the killed fox in this position while waiting for the water to freeze would make marks.

It is still in the water because the ice is so thick that options are few.
A wild researcher , Olav Hjejord at the university of Ås said he never seen anything like this before. And that all animals lies down before they die or are dying.
He also said it is impossible that the animal die standing like this.

Look at the images were you will find it hard to see it possible to stage, but also that its so vlose to the shore that the ice should have been too thick for this to happen. His eyes is open and the expression almost looks frozen in time

The woman that found the animal and the only one so far that has seen this in real life reported that there was no trace of anyone around the animal exept the fox own paw marks

Ref link ( In Norwegian) www.dagbladet.no...
www.varden.no...
edit on 4-1-2011 by lost artistic because: more information and add of link

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have never seen anything like that also . I don't know about impossible to die standing like that . What if he had a heart attack or some biological malfunction that caused him to freeze right there , which gave the ice enough time to snap shot him in time. Perhaps there was a predator waiting for him on the other side , and he was in shock lol . Maybe he saw something that totally messed his mind that he was paralyized .Who knows

" A new type of organism discovered in an Arctic tunnel came to life in the lab after being frozen for 32,000 years.

The deep-freeze bacteria could point to new methods of cryogenics, and they are the sort of biology scientists say might exist on Mars and other planets and moons.

"The existence of microorganisms in these harsh environments suggests --"

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
That is well freaky dude. Do you know what became of the fox body? I've seen stuff on discovery regarding rapid freezing of mammoths and vegetation which suggests a super fast freeze over, but I can't see how this would be able to occur in such a localised area in partially flowing water.
That fox looks like he's just about to pounce on some critter and BAM! He got zapped with an ice gun.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hephaestus

Its still there. It was found only three days ago. Because of the debth i don't think they'll do anything with the body since the backpart is also stuck in the ice. To much work i guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Looks like a stuffed animal tbh although of course I am not saying it. Very bizzare indeed. Could this be the instant freeze as seen on Day After Tomorrow

Very odd indeed

top topics

join