It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you mean Muslims HAVE been denouncing terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I will start with a quote from a post here, directed towards me, on ATS...

Wake up to yourself!!!! If you think it is such a small minority then where are the majority and why are they not the loudest voices screaming out against these so-called radicals that hijack their religion? Surely there must be footage somewhere showing this huge majority of loving, caring muslims that you speak when they arrived to silence these protesters? Surely there must have been thousands of them come to the rescue of this poor innocent Christian mother who has been sentenced to death in the name of their religion? I'm sick of people excusing this behaviour because its a 'minority' or because other religions did terrible things hundreds of years ago. The rest of civilisation learnt from their mistakes and its high time this so called majority of peaceful, loving and caring muslims stood up and got their own house in order. That is the only way this madness will end.

Well as I stated in the title it is not a deafening silence. Us Muslims have been vehemently denouncing terrorist attacks. It is just that the media would never put in that angle. I mean they have been spending so much time fouling up the Muslim name, why would they want to change it.

I mean here is a website mainly about Muslims condemning terrorism....

www.unc.edu...

Here is a wiki on reactions to 9/11...

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a report on amount of terrorist attacks in America....

www.loonwatch.com...

Here is another report from CNN showing that the threat of Muslim terrorists in America have been exaggerated...

edition.cnn.com...

And finally here is a little video that I think we should all see....

Oh and if you don't like the music feel free to turn it off.

Anyway all that up there is only a little compared to how much there really is. There are many organizations going against these activities. But why don't we see more?

Well most of it is the medias fault, but in some places Extremists have a firm grip on the entire population there. Here is one from a recent Yahoo article...

But now, a year later, Maiduguri and surrounding villages again live in fear of the group, whose members have assassinated police and local leaders and engineered a massive prison break, officials say.

news.yahoo.com...

So thus I conclude this short thread. I hope for pleasant discourse with you guys. And please take it easy on me, this is only my second thread.

edit on 3-1-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
bump
2nd line

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

The neo-cons want to foster the false premise of a war of civilizations of the west vs. Islam so if the MSM told the truth about the genuine Muslim community’s strong condemnation of terrorism that wouldn’t fit in their geo-poliitcal chicanery.
edit on 3-1-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The ones who speak up are normally (Not all) the ones who are victims of the extremist muslims themselves. Having said that there would be millions of moderate & even "Non Practicing Muslims" who are actually against the extremist terrorists for a variety of reasons!. Some (not all) would

1) Be in fear of being ostracised or rejected by their families/Community or Iman!
2) Others would live in countries where it would be against the law to speak out about such things!
3) Others would live in fear of physical attack by the extremists if they speak out!

I personally find none of these as an acceptable excuse! I see it as people sticking their heads in the sand! I also silent this as a sort of condoning of the actions!

I also see that as a characteristic when there is a mix of terrorism/religion & Nationalism. Look at the IRA. most people in Ireland & many many in Northern Ireland would reject anything to do with the IRA but how many have the guts to stand up & say it!. If people as whole stood up the governments involved would crush them because they want the votes!

It is nothing to do with one particular group or religion! However the only way the Enemy "Islamic Extremist Terrorist" threat & their disgusting Sharia law is ever going to be crushed fully in our communities is with the help from our Moderate Muslim allies!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Do us all a favor and save the sarcasm...

www.cnn.com... aign=Feed:+rss/cnn_world+(RSS:+World)

Next go on youtube and search for Afghan women. Point is, if you can't offer proper respect for the ladies, there's no chance you'll respect one true God.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Interesting make-up on the site that lists terrorism by group and type of attack. I didn't know that info and its very interesting. That alone would be enough to get you a star and flag from me.
But, very good points in the rest of your post as well.

It is (I think) important for all groups to call out or speak out against their extremists. Extremists often take a philosophy, ( a religion, a political stance, etc) and then twist it to fit their own corrupt views. Islam is far from alone in having this happen. It happened in Christianity with the witch burnings in the past, the killings of abortion doctors, and with the Westbrough Baptist Church group today.

If a group doesn't speak out against it own extremists then others will tend to assume the extremists represent the entire group. However, a group speaking out against some of its own often doesn't make front page news as you've noticed.

An honest question to you. The extremists that represent say the Westbrough Baptist Church don't represent most Christians. What should the rest of the Christians do so they do not tarnish the religion? The extermists that cut the girl's nose off in the post above do not represent most Muslims. What should the rest of the Muslims do so they those people who did that do not tarnish the religion?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

All of us humans just need to understand that there are extremists in every religion. We all need to learn the difference between extremism and moderation.

My solution would be to show that most people are good and that prove them wrong with evidence.If they still can't believe then you just keep showing more evidence. If then they refuse to believe then just leave them be.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

It goes to show how the media filters news to support orders from the monsters....to promote division and disharmony.

It also goes to show the truth that 99% of us will live in peace and harmony once the poisoned propaganda is stopped.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This link was just so awesome, I felt it had to be posted again:

All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t

Starred & Flagged!

Just wanted to edit to add, from this link alone ( www.unc.edu... ) several hundred prominent muslims and muslim groups, including:

Asian Organisations:
Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan (and the Jamaat-e-Islami Bangladesh, which separated from the Pakistani one after Bangladesh's separation), Awami Tehrik Party, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, Minhaj-ul-Quran International, not to mention several dozen muslim authors, the Dar ul-Ulum Deoband Madrasa in India where the idealogical origins of much of the extremism in Asia today is said to lie and the Parti Islam SeMalaysia.

Then we have several Arab and Middle-Eastern groups, including:
Al-Azhar (the mosque, the university AND the supreme council for religious affairs), Nahda Renaissance Movement, Supreme Judicial Council Saudi Arabia, Council of Senior Religious Scholars (Saudi Arabia), Nahda Renaissance Movement, Council of Saudi 'Ulama, Sunna and Sira Council (Qatar), the Ayatollah of Iran, the Directorate of Religious Affairs of Turkey, Islamic University of Madinah, New Mardin Declaration (Turkey),the entire League of Arab States (15 member states), as well as many so-called terrorist groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas and Hizbullah.

North America:
Canadian Society of Muslims, over a hundred (I gave up counting) Muslim-American organisations (MAS, ICNA, CAIR, MANA, MSA, IAP, UASR, Solidarity International, AMGPJ, AMA, UMAA, IMF, AMF, CCMO, AMJ, MAYA, AMPCC, MAT, NAFC, ISNA, AMSE, MPAC and more).

Europe:
Several hundred UK-muslim organisations (including al-Muhajirun, Institute of Islamic Studies, Crescent International, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, and more than 500 British Muslim scholars, clerics, and imams- I gave up counting again), Islamic Commission of Spain.

As well as international groups like the Organization of the Islamic Conference (57 member countries).

All of who spoke out against terrorism in general, and specific terrorist incidents such as the WTC and the London bombing incidents ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS. And these are just the specific muslim groups, not the governments themselves.... ALL the governments mentioned here (and probably any that made any comment about the attacks at all) condemned these attacks, EVEN the Taliban in Afghanistan
)

Someone was talking about the silent majority?!

edit on 4-1-2011 by babloyi because: URL issue still

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Thanks for the good review. I really do wish more people could have seen this thread.It would have been a real eye opener.

Btw, what did you think about the video?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I already knew most of the stuff from the video (and I'm not too fond of some of Sami Yusuf's music
), but it was certainly informative for those who don't know this stuff.

The video was talking about the Quran, which can be easily obtained or read by anyone anywhere in the world. It is almost impossible for the media to distort what is written in the Quran.

Stories about muslims and terrorism, however, are at the mercy of the mainstream media, which it seems has decided that highlighting the fringe minority and ignoring the rest is a great way to sell news.
This is why links like the ones you posted are so useful.

top topics

join