It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born gay? Born pedophile? Born zoophile?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I hope this thread doesn't turn into some 50 page argument; I would like to see a civil debate on this issue.

I was reading another thread where people were arguing that you are either "born gay" and have no choice in the matter, or you "learn how to be gay" by trying it.

If you are born gay and have no control over your sexual preference, does that also mean pedophiles are born pedophiles and have no control over their sexual preference? Or are zoophiles (people who like animals) just normal people who cannot help but to have a sexual preference for animals?

If so, does that mean a consenting child and a pedophile should be given the rights to have a relationship with each other? And if the animal likes it, should a zoophile be able to have relations with animals?

Discuss.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Your logic is flawed......you cant have a consenting child they are too young to consent. And secondly those sheep were asking for it........LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
In grad school I had a friend that did an experiment. He had "Drosophilia melanogaster" tropical fruit flies. When they reached a certain population density, the male fruit flies started exhibiting female patterns that fooled the other males into trying to mate with them. Thus keeping the population down based on the limited food supply.

Now granted, these were fruit flies, but you could extrapolate. . . . .

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
More of this crap.
I am surprised anyone things this drivel is remotely an adult topic. It is grotesquely stupid.
It has been discussed, argued to death and refuted.. Yet people like you still make thise horror argument of slippery slope.

Hint since you didnt get the memo: Gays are not pedos and are not into animals.

Repeat that a few times then repeat it again.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

haha... darn sheep.

Well a child cannot legally consent, but consider that in other parts of the world younger people are allowed to marry older people. In the United States even the consenting age differs state to state from 15 to 18.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Mark my words, This generation is fighting for gay rights but our children will be fighting for the rights of pedophiles and animal lovers.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zyzzz

Mark my words.
That is a slippery slope argument of stupidity.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

This mindset represents a logical fallacy of the highest order. One might as well say "Well a guy who'd eat pizza would murder you because tomato sauce looks like blood." It is connecting dots that do not exist.

HOMOSEXUALS have an attraction to members of the same gender.
PEDOPHILES are attracted to children.
ZOOPHILES are attracted to animals.

Notice that there are THREE different and unique terms for THREE different and unique things. Also notice that only ONE of those terms has "sexual" and not "phile" in it. "Sexual" just like in "heterosexual".

I mean, Hell, I'd sleep with a woman, willingly and all, so I guess you'd better lock up Lassie and the kids because it is obvious a hetero would sleep with anything.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

What they all have in common, though, is attraction. Just because the end object is the same age or of the same species or not shouldn't matter logically because sex is for reproduction or pleasure, and since reproduction is a moot point with homosexuality, the sex is purely for pleasure. So that being said, does the logical fallacy still exist?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The larger the brain size the more behavior is learned. For example a dog, a donkey or a llama raised from babyhood with sheep will think it is a sheep. But when the herd is attacked the animal will revert to instinctive behavior and attack (and hopefully kill) the predator.

With luck humans have more LEARNED behavior than instinctive behavior. Also instinctive behavior can be changed through behavior modification. I am scared to death of heights but I conquered my fear and learned to rock climb.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You've eaten something purely for pleasure. Statistics say you've masturbated.

Does that mean your dog needs to fear you?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The key word is consent. Without it, it is called rape.

Children cannot give consent because they are too immature to make such decisions. Hence it is rape.
Animals cannot give consent because they do not have a language to convey it. Hence it is also a form of rape.

Anyone who believes otherwise needs to check themselves with the aid of a psychologist before they attempt to carry through with their destructive urges.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

So then are you arguing that being attracted to the same gender of the same species is a condition you are born into, but being attracted to youth or animals is a condition you learn?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

It doesn't really matter if pedophiles and zoophiles are born that way or not. Acting on either is against the law as animals and children cannot consent.

It doesn't matter if homosexuals are born gay, either, as it is NOT against the law and adults CAN consent.

It's my opinion that whether or not people are born with a certain sexuality is none of my business, but if I were to GUESS, I would guess that we are all born with certain tendencies and we develop some through our experiences. I was born the way I am and also have developed according to my experiences. The details are none of anyone's business.

Bottom line: Gay people are US citizens and as such, (SHOULD) have the same protection under US law as straight people.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I understand that. It really doesn't matter why the toilet flushes clockwise or counter clockwise but I like to know why. I believe you should be able to do whatever you like as long as it does not harm anyone else.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

What I am saying is that two adult human beings can participate in mutual sexual interest based upon any number of criteria which supersede and augment sexual interaction.

Your "hypothesis" infers that homosexual love is purely sexual and without emotional context.

Children and animals cannot participate in mutual relationships in this manner. They lack the awareness to do so.

Gay people can love one another. To suggest otherwise is just bigoted and naive.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The argument whether people are born gay exists mainly to discount groups who still want to practice conversion therapies and other mambo-jumbo on gay people (and there are quite a few).
To these fraudsters gays simply cannot be born that way, because they think God told them so. Hence gays are just very sinful and misguided straight people.
Describing how we feel that we were born gay simply reclaims a part of our life experience in the face of people who want to dictate it for us.

Being born a certain way does not guarantee equal rights in society.
Being born black or Native American (or female) certainly didn't provide grounds for equal treatment in the US for many centuries.
The argument for equality rests on rights to personal adult choice.
Straight people no longer practice arranged marriages, and are allowed to divorce these days, and the church no longer dictates how and when they can have marital sex.
So they no longer engage in what were "traditional family values" for many centuries.
As such, there is no good argument for adults not to choose a partner of the same sex.

Incidentally, not all gay people feel they were born gay. Especially women find it easier to change sexual orientation throughout life. Nobody even remembers being born.
However, for me it is a distinct feeling, and discounts the argument that I consciously chose to be gay, as many homophobes argue.
edit on 25-12-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust

So then are you arguing that being attracted to the same gender of the same species is a condition you are born into, but being attracted to youth or animals is a condition you learn?

If I could throw my two cents in. . . .

Attraction is nothing more than a pattern of neurons firing in such a way as to associate other neuronal assemblies with a favorable response.
Having an attraction to same-gender is based on brain chemistry where the individual has the physical manifistation of a certain gender but the brain chemistry of another.
While pedophiles (et al) associate a physical characteristic with a favourable condition or reflex.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Children and animals do not have enough mental capacity to consent or resist the attacker. It is considered rape, even if the child or animal wants it.

Sexual orientation is not a choice, and that includes zoophiles and pedophiles, just like it includes heterosexuals and gays. Raping animals or children, that is a choice, and a bad one.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Children and animals cannot participate in mutual relationships in this manner. They lack the awareness to do so.

I concede to your point with the animals, although my cats do love me a lot. But on to the other part: Children over what age lack the awareness? Now I may not understand pedophilia entirely, but I'm sure there must be some pedophiles who are attracted to different age ranges, very young, prepubescent, teenage... so does a pedophile not have an emotional relationship, say, with a teenager? And can a teenager not love back?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join