It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are professionals whose career depends on the US goverment in the same situation that professionals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
career dependent on the Nazi goverment?

Many German scientists did agree with the whacky theories the Nazi govement presented not because they presented irrefutable evidence to support them, but because going against them was a career killer to say the very least.

What is the situation of professors at universities in America? Have professors whose careers can be directly or indirectly influenced by the goverment, such as by being employed by a university which relies on goverment funds, been fired for pointing out evidence that goes against the OS and do they live in fear of professional and financial ruin if they speak out against the OS or point out flaws in the OS?

Just recently 5 people left a scientific journal in fear and horror because material that points away from the official story was peer reviewed in that specific journal.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have faith that if the right government officials held a press conference revealing information into the truth of 9/11, that people would have the right mind to stand up and support those officials/professionals. Sometime life is bigger than you are, and to die for revealing that information means a giant carving of their face on mt. rushmore.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Just recently 5 people left a scientific journal in fear and horror because material that points away from the official story was peer reviewed in that specific journal.

How many more of these truther lies are you going to post ?

"Fear and horror" ? "Peer reviewed" ?

Sources please , otherwise , nothing but truther lies .

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
NOTHING BUT TRUTHER LIES !!!!

Grasping at straws are we?

Annyway I was referring to this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did not check if it is true what is written there, but I am sure you will believe a believer.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yes. There are some difficult ethical dilemmas that we must face, very hard decisions where someone is going to lose. It's just a matter of who and how much. When someone has invested years of study, got house repayments and families to feed it is a lot to put at stake. The threats do not have to be direct, but can easily be assumed due to the culture of the work place and seeing or hearing rumors of what happens to those who 'rock the boat'. During war time these threats can be further increased as the bodies start piling up.

You are either with us or aginst us

President George Bush after 9/11

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

ok, OK.. please, for the record, could you verify why you believe the OS and wont ever consider an alternative?

and, is there any conspiracy you believe in? NWO? UFO's/aliens? anything?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

How many more of these truther lies are you going to post ?

"Fear and horror" ? "Peer reviewed" ?

Sources please , otherwise , nothing but truther lies .

This is reference to the resignation of five Bentham [sp?] editors over Jones "thermitic" report. The terms, "fear and horror" are deliberate conspriacy mongoring, however. "Disgust and disillusionment" are more accurate descriptions, Not even THAT is immune from disingenuous conspiracy mongor misrepresentation.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

but OSers can change the meaning of bombings to airplane crash, as seen in a previous thread pertaining to wikileaks and the 9/11 bombings? it does go both ways right? ACDC?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Yes. There are some difficult ethical dilemmas that we must face, very hard decisions where someone is going to lose. It's just a matter of who and how much. When someone has invested years of study, got house repayments and families to feed it is a lot to put at stake. The threats do not have to be direct, but can easily be assumed due to the culture of the work place and seeing or hearing rumors of what happens to those who 'rock the boat'....

Management pays you salary if you buck management:
1.) You are passed over for advancement
2.) When there are cut backs you are on the list of first to go.

If the "offense" is great enough
1.) Your boss will be told to "get rid of you" Then you are open to ridicule, nasty tricks and once you are in the cross hairs of the boss the rest of your co-workers will join in the fun. Bullies are not confined to the playground and will happily make your life a living hell until you give up and quit.
2.) You are fired outright with no reason given.
3.) You are fired and black-balled. You will never be hired in your field again.

That is the reality of working for Universities or Corporate America. All of this is based on my experience or the experience of friends and relatives. (We are an honest and stubborn lot)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Disgust over that specific article? No dave, it was fear, fear to be linked to the truth movement and having their academic careers destroyed as a consequence. It happened before, it is reasonable to assume it will happen again. The journal was just fine before the paper was published. You dont give up a job at a journal because of one article, unless you think staying there will harm you even worse.

But please Dave, since people before them in the same or a similiar position had their careers cut short for pointing out inconsistncies in the OS or bringing forward evidence or at least claims that point away from the official story, why is it unreasonable to assume that they fear they will be dealt with in the same way? You are acting as if the case I am making is completely unreasonable and I dont quite see why. Are you saying a professor in America can freely make a case against the OS and NOT fear that is bread will be taken away from him?

Obviously you seem to think that what I said is NOTHING BUT TRUTHER LIES SHRRRIEEK!!! or crazy or at least unreasonable, but I did not see why and you did not elaborate either. So please, DO make your case Dave.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Annyway I was referring to this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did not check if it is true what is written there, ...

Which is EXACTLY what I assumed you were referring to . Now that we are in agreement on something , please show everyone here how you managed to glean "fear and horror" from those resignations .

[quote] I did not check if it is true what is written there,

Now why does that not surprise me ... ?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It is fascinating, and indicative to me of the nonsense of trutherism, that there has been no truther recognition of a change of administration from Bush/Cheney ( the usually alleged perps ) to a democrat president.

The wicked US administration is still said to be in the business of silencing people about 9/11 by threats and murder. Although it is not obvious why a democrat should wish to cover up the heinous crimes of a republican administration. Not the way politics usually works is it ?

Truthers need to face the fact that Obama knows the secrets and there wasn't an " inside job."

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

ok, OK.. please, for the record, could you verify why you believe the OS and wont ever consider an alternative?

and, is there any conspiracy you believe in? NWO? UFO's/aliens? anything?

Not a problem ...

1) You will have to define "OS" for me before I can answer that question , as there is really no agreed-upon definition for that term on this site .

2) I have indeed considered alternatives to the "OS" . I was a truther even before the term was coined . I was a truther beginning on 9/11 . Anyone can do a search of my posting and thread history to verify that I was a truther when I joined this board . No secrets there .

3) NWO ? Most certainly , you can't have a New World Order without first having an Old World Order . There have been world orders since life has been here . Are they out to murder us all ? No .

4) UFO's ? Most certainly . There are indeed Objects , Flying , Unidentified . The origin of those objects as well as the objects themselves will continue to be an on-going debate until one side is proven wrong by the other side . Could be that both sides will cancel each other out and the question will never be resolved for a number of lifetimes .
My first thread was a description of a spectacular sighting that I witnessed firsthand .

5) Aliens ? I have no opinion on that , other than to say that one has to be somewhat egotistical to assume that there is no life anywhere but here . We are not that kinda special , just look at us .

So yes , I am remarkably similar to thousands of others here . I just haven't been shown a valid case for an inside job on 9/11 .

Nor have I been shown solid evidence for controlled demolitions , bombs , or missiles . Even if you could prove one of those three , you would still be labored with the task of proving that these techniques were employed by , and through , "insiders" .

I am not simply a blind follower . I just don't see any meat in the many theories being proposed by the TM .

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

The people that left did so because of irregularities in the review process. Editors are notoriously fussy about editing and that includes examining the reviewers comments and requiring corrections to be made by the authors of the paper being reviewed.
Apparently, this process was somehow circumvented and a flawed paper was published. This reflects badly on the technical reputation of the editor and that is what caused the resignations.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

OS = Officials Story.

I havent seen anything to disprove explosives. The only statement I ever hear to "disprove" explosives, is that it would take way too many people. Now, seeing as you are a believer in the NWO, how many people would need to be involved in that in order to bring about that order? Would the amount be smaller or larger than the amount of people needed to plant explosives in the WTC? You say you were a truther before the term was coined well in what aspect? and finally, what happened? you just give up being open minded? or you just decided to give in to the OS? Why are you such an advocate for the OS?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sadly , for a moment there , I thought you and I were finally going to have a mutually-mature conversation . Then , I came to this :

what happened? you just give up being open minded? or you just decided to give in to the OS? Why are you such an advocate for the OS?

Now I feel like such a silly fool . Or , maybe you would be so kind as to explain how your facetious and immature reply contributes anything intelligent to this conversation ?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Originally posted by Cassius666

The people that left did so because of irregularities in the review process.

Then I am sure up to 5 people quit a scientific journal over a peer review they take offense with all the time. It wasnt a never before, never again episode soely related to something 911, right?

Originally posted by okbmd

Sadly , for a moment there , I thought you and I were finally going to have a mutually-mature conversation . Then , I came to this :

what happened? you just give up being open minded? or you just decided to give in to the OS? Why are you such an advocate for the OS?

Now I feel like such a silly fool . Or , maybe you would be so kind as to explain how your facetious and immature reply contributes anything intelligent to this conversation ?

He said he believes in UFOs and Aliens and what not. It makes sense he believes a conspiracy theory and if it is presented by the American goverment, he will believe it no questions asked no matter what anybody else says.

I have seen most of these 911 deniers in other sections of this board, patiently waiting for the goverment to disclose on ufos. I bet if the American goverment says, hey we were visited by Aliens, these 911 deniers will just take the word of the American goverment, no question asked because they WANT it to be true.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I believe that to be a sincere question. Yes, it may be weighted towards my opinion in the question, but I don't believe I insulted you. What caused you to be such an advocate for the OS?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
dp

2nd

edit on 16-12-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Editors of scientific journals do not get paid by the journal and Editor is not a career. They are volunteers and the position is one of prestige. Remove the prestige or annoy them and they leave.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join