It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Object or what...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hey everyone!

I just found this today:

www.rumormillnews.com...

do you see something in the sky?

here in germany its very cloudy, so I can't check for myself.

Greets,
l33chy

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I would say that the post in the link is a wind up.

Huge, fiery object in the East?

It's the Sun.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
ah ok,

thank you leveller!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Lol, now they're saying that it's not the sun, but planet X. They it's appearing before the sun comes up. ROFL

Looks like a new hoaxer to me...

[edit on 5-7-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They seem to be agreeing on it being Venus from what I read.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I agree with agentsmith, could still be Venus.

I found some additional info that could explain this...

July 2004 Sky Notes

* Saturn is out of view as it reaches superior conjunction on the far side of the Sun on the 8th.

* Jupiter is low down in the evening twilight now and sets before midnight by the middle of July.

* Mars is only just visible as a twilight object and sets less than an hour after sunset.

* Mercury reaches a greatest eastern elongation of 27 degrees on the 27th and shines at magnitude 0, setting an hour after the Sun.

* Venus is now a morning object, rising 2 hours before the Sun in mid-July and shining brilliantly at magnitude -4 in Taurus. Telescopically the planet will display a waxing crescent as the month progresses. What a contrast to its famous transit of last month!

* Uranus is a magnitude +5.6 binocular object in Aquarius.

* Neptune is a magnitude 8 telescopic object in Capricornus.

source

additional info:

July 4 - Venus will be only 1.1 degree from Aldebaran in Taurus the bull. This would be visible in the early morning hours towards the East.
source

[edit on 5-7-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Yep, I didn't finish reading it yet. But it's definately no Planet X.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Through 50 power binoculars the object appears to shimmer as if giving of a great amount of heat. It curiously has a "half moon" look to it as well. This is due to the fact that the upper portion, from 1 oclock to approx 4 oclock is scooped out.

50x is pretty powerful, I'm no expert but I think that you would be able to see the crescent shape of Venus through these! The shimmering would be due to atmospherics I imagine.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Who the hell get's up that early, watches the sky, then runs in to the computer to report that we are about to be destroyed by a mystery object?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's Venus, once again our neighbour planet has fooled people.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Beyond the moon, Venus begins to dazzle morning sky gazers. After crossing the face of the sun June 8, the gorgeous, bright planet ascends the pre-dawn heavens, climbing higher with each passing July day.

Look to the east-northeast just after 5 a.m. to find Venus low on the horizon. As the hour moves toward sunrise, Venus is easily spotted. It looks like a distant airplane with its landing lights on. This brilliant planet -- at negative 4.5 magnitude (very bright) in the middle of July -- hangs out near the star Aldebaran in the constellation Taurus. The sun, of course, erases it from the sky after dawn.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Umm... someone else bother to read farther on the page?

www.rumormillnews.com...

Greetings All:

A bit of good news!

Many people are reporting that the object in the AM sky is the planet Venus. It's accompaning object may be the star, Aldebaran!

In all my years of observing Venus, that old gal has NEVER looked this gussied up!

So...I must say that if this is the case then I urge EVERYONE who can do so, to rise early tomorrow, (before sunrise) and, with a good pair of binoculars, take a long look!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yep I did read that. was looking for confirmation of it being Venus elsewhere. Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-7 by Teknik]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Job, family, personal problems, problems in the direct vicinity and entertainment (+whatever the media wants them to focus on). That's what most people focus on in their daily lives.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Me Personaly I always take time to look at the sky...........I am A Security Guard And I work 3rd shift and my Post is Kinda Out in the Countery.....In TN When the sky is clear man do I see some strange things.....one thing I do Fear though is with all these Hoaxers and Near Misses predictions I am Kind of worried about the Boy who cried Wolf Syndrome....If someone really does see something who will Beleave it??

top topics

join