It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Discover Extraterrestial Life!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You can do it now! To join the SETI Supercomputer click here: setiathome.berkeley.edu...

The program will connect itself via internet to the massive link of computers hosted by SETI, the Search for Extraterrestrial Life. The program will run only when your computer is idle and will act as a screensaver.

Be an active member of the future of humanity. Every last bit helps.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Lil suggestion, goto the main forums page. Go way down and look for a forum with a symbol that looks alot like the SETI@HOME logo ...

You might find out ATS members had 150000+ units on the Original Seti@Home project and are now massivly switching over to BOINC.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Oi...that should be better advertised. In that case, this thread is invalid so feel free to remove it, mods.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I actualy have to agree on that. way down there its hard to see and find.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Next time they're doing a search in space for E.T tell them to point the dish at Nevada somewhere. You may have better luck

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
How the hell can a screensaver help? What, do they send signals into the nearby skies to check if there are any UFO's there???

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hi, Ice. Since you are an ATS member and interested in SETI@Home, you should join the team. It doesn't matter if you are a long-term member or just starting out. As you said, every little bit helps. We are still crunching data for the original program and are trying to break into the top 500 overall teams before it closes down and moves over to the BOINC program.
[url=http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=131727]>> join the ATS SETI@Home team

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Hi, Ice. Since you are an ATS member and interested in SETI@Home, you should join the team. It doesn't matter if you are a long-term member or just starting out. As you said, every little bit helps. We are still crunching data for the original program and are trying to break into the top 500 overall teams before it closes down and moves over to the BOINC program.
[url=http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=team_join_form&id=131727]>> join the ATS SETI@Home team

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
what do we do in SETI?

Also

If Remote Viewing/OOBE/Astral Projection works why dont you get some people on ATS to search for life like that and if it is sucessful get em to send a radio signal/ship ourway

Best place to look is under Paranormal Stupids in ATS forum (Near bottom)

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Crash]

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Crash]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
no thank you I don't want to let the government download anything on my computer its for setti haha what a great sales pitch how about its for spying that is much closer to the truth

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
no thank you I don't want to let the government download anything on my computer its for setti haha what a great sales pitch how about its for spying that is much closer to the truth

Hi, WestPoint23. That is an interesting position you take. I invite you to jump over to this thread, Why SETI @ home??, and give us a run-down of why you believe, or what evidence you have, that the SETI@Home project is a "false flag" operation. I would be very interested to read it.

There was a lively debate started over the merits of the SETI program. The person arguing for S@H was our very own Moderator, Genya. Take a look at the arguments, pro and con, set forth there, too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

kind regards,

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Hi WP23!

As my colleague Spectre say's, your stance here is interesting. Have you any evidence to support your belief that SETI@home is " ...for spying that is much closer to the truth..."? If so, there are about 350 ATS SETI@home team members who would welcome your knowledge and input.

Thanx for your comments incidentally!!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
SETI is useless

it's just waisting your precious CPU power...

Say the nearest intelligent life is 100 000 Light years away,we receive a signal from their planet a 100000 years after it was sent.now if you want to send one it will take another 100000 years to get to them.and by then they are probably dead or use something else than radio waves.

useless

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Dark, you obviously don't realize the ramifications of finding life in the universe, distant or not. If we did indeed prove the existence of radio transmissions from other intelligent life, our world would have to change. Knowing that we are not alone in the universe could fuel research on advanced space travel and research, trying to reach our neighbors. SETI is massively useful. In fact I would go as far as to say it is essential.

new topics

top topics

join