It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can someone explain to me what this is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
so i was messing around on skymap today because of another post that was put on here and i found this weird circular figure. i guess it sort of looks like a glare coming off of something but i'm not sure i'm not really an expert at pictures and things of that nature. i'm not even saying it's a ufo but i didn't know where else to post this.

if you want to go there and find it yourself it was at 09h52m30.18s, -70o26'33.8"

hopefully it's something interesting cause i had to do 17 of my 20 posts just so i could start a thread. it seriously took forever.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ilytjb3

It's the ring left by gods coffee cup!

Hmm I wonder what it is too! Lets hope someone can explain

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It looks like a reflection of the what is called the spider which is the assembly the holds the secondary mirror that sends to image to the lens.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If you look really good, It says "Made in china"

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ilytjb3

Here's the pic for additional reference:

There is another thread Here about 3 large objects in space coming towards Earth and a close up of one reveals similar "smoke stack" like appendages, but the coordinate are different than these, so I'm not sure.

Peace,
spec
edit on 8-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
It looks like a reflection of the what is called the spider which is the assembly the holds the secondary mirror that sends to image to the lens.

I do believe it is something along those lines... A reflection of a part of the telescope.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
yeah just a lens anomaly, they are all over sky map.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Yeap, that's it.

Internal Telescopic Reflections - At least 100, ranging from huge internal reflections near the brightest stars in the Sky, to much smaller ones scattered around. The hardware in the inside of the telescope (the "spider" which holds the secondary mirror) is a dead giveaway. Two examples of the kinds of Reflections found in the Google Sky imagery are posted, then two pictures of a telescope "spider" for comparison:

bbs.keyhole.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilytjb3
so i was messing around on skymap today because of another post that was put on here and i found this weird circular figure. i guess it sort of looks like a glare coming off of something but i'm not sure i'm not really an expert at pictures and things of that nature. i'm not even saying it's a ufo but i didn't know where else to post this.

if you want to go there and find it yourself it was at 09h52m30.18s, -70o26'33.8"
(snip)
hopefully it's something interesting cause i had to do 17 of my 20 posts just so i could start a thread. it seriously took forever.

I went to sky-map and for every image there's a name and/or a description of what's in the photo. I used your coordinates and came up with a small, white-bordered box with an x in it. Since you found it, how about going back and seeing what info is associated with the image. I don't think that they would just post an image with no supporting info.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wow..

For a second I thought Darth was building another Death Star!!

Phewww

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i would go find out the description of the pic but everyone is saying its a reflection of the spider thing in the lense or something along those lines so i'm going to just go with that.

but if it was darth vader i would seriously wet my pants. light sabers are not something to be taken lightly...

join