It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which 3 Moral/Ethical Principles WOULD you kill and or die for, regardless of any other factors???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Explanation: This is all about Law of the Jungle [not law of the sea or law of the land].

Imagine yourself being put under extreme duress to do something that you'd rather not. [i.e. failure to comply WILL cost you and or others their literal lives.]

Would you kill and or die to protect the principle/s that the duress is trying to overrule?

If Yes, then what 3 main principles would you do this for, regardless of timing and placement etc.

Personal Disclosure: I will withhold my POV for a few posts so as not to give anybody the opportunity to avoid answering the question by instead focusing on me and my beliefs OK. This Thread is not an excuse for any member to interrogate the reasons for another members beliefs... but is a place for members to openly declare their own point of view and places where action of last resort is absolutely required for and /or by them.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Nothing worth killing for in this world.. As to dying so what we all die sooner or later...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
loaded questions and pointed guns.

in the original post you ask a question and in the thread header you surmise an assumption; that belies no choice on the part of any participant to this stunt.

your confusion is misleading and unwarranted.

i would kill you for the moral ethical principle that i can?
i would die for the moral ethical principle that i have the choice to!
i would kill and or die for the moral ethical principal that if i did such i would meet an unestimated response.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: This is all about Law of the Jungle [not law of the sea or law of the land].

Imagine yourself being put under extreme duress to do something that you'd rather not. [i.e. failure to comply WILL cost you and or others their literal lives.]

Would you kill and or die to protect the principle/s that the duress is trying to overrule?

If Yes, then what 3 main principles would you do this for, regardless of timing and placement etc.

Personal Disclosure: I will withhold my POV for a few posts so as not to give anybody the opportunity to avoid answering the question by instead focusing on me and my beliefs OK. This Thread is not an excuse for any member to interrogate the reasons for another members beliefs... but is a place for members to openly declare their own point of view and places where action of last resort is absolutely required for and /or by them.

Interesting one to ponder, but for me, it lies in the 'I'll cross that bridge when I cross it,' category of musings that tend to deflect away from more clear and present dangers.

I shall read the responses of others with interest though.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Very very deep question here, but one that really makes one think as to what values and morals one has.

I would kill or die to protect women and children from a physical threat. Of that one I am sure.

I would kill to stop a predator of children in a heartbeat if I knew that by doing this, I would spare even one child from a lifetime of those memories, but I wouldn't die for it. The thought of dieing for any instance where no one else is in danger of death doesn't really figure in my present state of mind.

I would die however if a situation arose where my son needed a vital body part from me for his survival. Maybe that sounds a little vain as I would only do that for him but I am being honest here.

I think that I will have to give this some thought throughout the day though as like I said, a very thought provoking question..

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
1. Conscription (unless I agreed with the war, anyway)
2. Forced micro-chipping -implants, brainwashing ect
3. Too much political oppression
4. To save another person in danger
5. Generally to leave the world a lot richer for ones existence, than without it.

And all the time I would hope not to die at all. Apart from somehow saving the lives of at least several other people (for sure), I really don't see myself entering into a situation I Knew was suicidal.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

Personal disclosure: stop with the 600 replies to all your threads at one time. My lord.....

join