It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Good idea ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have been reading about a ''thinktank'' in the UK which has backed a suggestion about renumeration and pay !!!

www.bbc.co.uk...

We live in times where people and, to be fair a large part of society is becoming increasing uncomfortable and upset with the higher members of any public or private company earning huge (and perhaps dis-proportionate) salaries whilst the ''workers'' earn significantly less.
The idea being that the ''Top dog'' earns NO MORE than 20 times the lowest salary paid by the organisation or company they work for.....

Is this a good idea???

Would this ''calm people down'' about the rich or fat cats and their money grab..??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK
edit on 1-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling correction

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Well, what will most likely happen is that the cream of the crop will go where there are no salary caps...meaning that where there is NO incentive (on a personal level) the pool of talent diminishes big time. So, everything from commercial products, information and data, medical care, ect., will be less than...

I like the idea in a community sense, as it allows for better benefits (cheaper), higher moral, and most importantly it would give closure to a topic that has festered for some time now...

Which makes the answer to your question tough...o.k. maybe not - I vote 20:1...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Facelift..

Thankyou for the reply...

I see lots of anger and aggression towards those with and ''the rich'' and yet a question offering a structure or solution attracts little attention-.... interesting...

I hear the ''threat'' that the talent pool, cream of the crop, the best will go else where....... Well maybe that might be the case but then it is them that have driven our society to where we are now !!!

Maybe a ''community spirit'' is actually what we need and not the greed mentality so well displayed by those currently...

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK

join