It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK: The Photos You’ve Never Seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

On November 8, 1960, John F. Kennedy was elected president of the United States, defeating Richard Nixon in one of the closest national elections of the 20th century. At 43, Kennedy was (and remains) the youngest person elected to the office, and it was largely this quality in the man and his family -- an engaging, youthful dynamism -- that so captured the imagination of millions across the country. As Kennedy and his team ran a heady, propulsive campaign unlike any America had seen, LIFE's best photographers were there, chronicling the grind of public appearances and the quieter moments JFK spent with advisers, with Jackie, and -- rarest of all -- alone, with his own thoughts. Here, on the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's victory, LIFE.com presents never-seen, unpublished photographs of an enigmatic, intensely ambitious man making history, and ushering in the poignantly brief American era known ever after as "Camelot."

Snippiet and Photos source
Love him or hate him. President Kennedy was one of the greatest Presidents of the United States of America. I miss this person. Beautiful wife and kids. The man was a P.I.M.P as well. Though I don't want to arouse controversy. President Kennedy was a great man who had problems like the rest of us. He will never be forgotten.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Here are more videos of famous speeches by President Kennedy. Relive the past and the emotion that Kennedy and the Americans of the time lived through.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
President Kennedy was one of the greatest Presidents of the United States of America. I miss this person.

...how you can miss someone that was murdered before you were born?...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I grew up learning about president Kennedy. I don't think it matters if I never met the man. Yet he did a lot that I can approve of in his life.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

watch this series and tell me you don't miss him. I'm 19, I know him probably just as good as I know every tree in the Black Forest. You don't have to know the man to know and feel greatness. that sort of thing just lingers and you can feel it, and when you realize that that feeling is gone from the world, you miss it, or you miss its potential. both of the Kennedy brothers could have changed the states for the better, i have no doubt about it. look and listen to each of them while they speak and you'll cry because of how genuine they were when it came to their jobs and their beliefs. these were probably the truest politicians we've ever had since the beginning of the 20th century. they actually worked on behalf of the american citizens, not the american people or the american state. remember, american people include american corporations nowadays, and the american state itself is considered a separate entity from the the republic it was supposed to be under the direction of the people. now wehn politicians talk of the benefit of the USA, they talk of USA Corp, not the citizens of the USA. after the kennedys, the american people were thrown aside. i think that what he had done in his time was great, but not as important as for what it all stood for. a true president for the citizens.
edit on 22-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

join