It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret U.S. Spy Satellite Launches Into Orbit on Huge Rocket

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Secret U.S. Spy Satellite Launches Into Orbit on Huge Rocket

www.space.com

The exact purpose of the new spy satellite NROL-32 is secret, but one NRO official has hinted at the huge size of the reconnaissance spacecraft.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
bigpondnews.com
www.space.com

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 11/22/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
No surprise that in this day and age more and more spy sattelites are being launched. Although where is the enemy?
Ahh yes the talliban, so big and bad that we need multi-billion dollar spy sattelites watching them.....or more likely watching us!
I have also provided a follow up lnk to some interesting space weapon concepts being looked into by defence contractors.

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

You know, current enemies doesn't mean that there will be no more in the future. Hell, China could be planning something massive right now behind close doors or any other country. I doubt it's just for the Taliban. Stop being so pessimistic.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

You know, current enemies doesn't mean that there will be no more in the future. Hell, China could be planning something massive right now behind close doors or any other country. I doubt it's just for the Taliban. Stop being so pessimistic.

Yes, because all other spying efforts have NEVER been utilized on the American public. Our own government would NEVER tap our lines, never spy on our internet, never keep watch on dissidents, right?

www.foxnews.com...

"NSA Found Improperly Spying on Americans" from FOX NEWS.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is nothing new, that is just another Mentor signit satellite going up, I used to launch them and even heavier Keyhole spy satellites on the Titan IV starting in 1988. The Mentor goes into geostationary orbit, in other words it is parked over one spot on the earth, and that spot is on the opposite of the world from the USA, they cannot hear your cell phone calls with the earth in the way.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I wonder if it is related to this. CHECK IT OUT BEFORE IT VANISHES. I cannot get the link to work, so go to youtube and punch in ( cameras in digital convert boxes beware.) Maybe someone else can get it to work, someone help me please, lets get this out there. check your boxes and your t.v.

edit on 22-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Not really on topic for this thread but you need to look at this first
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

I wonder if it is related to this. CHECK IT OUT BEFORE IT VANISHES. I cannot get the link to work, so go to youtube and punch in ( cameras in digital convert boxes beware.) Maybe someone else can get it to work, someone help me please, lets get this out there. check your boxes and your t.v.

edit on 22-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

Please look into this hoax video you are spreading around ATS.
Not only is it off topic, it is quite easily proven false.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
No surprise that in this day and age more and more spy sattelites are being launched. Although where is the enemy?

The enemy is us

But where the heck are they going to put them all and just how many of the dang things do we need?

View of All Satellites including Debris Ring from Chinese ASAT Test Readily Visible Green line is ISS orbit

Everyone knows CIA FBI and NSA... but how many dang spook agencies do we need? I have over 120 documented so far DIA, NRO, IAO(nasty) DNI, DHS, ONCIX, AFISR, INSCOM, CGI, MSIC, INR, MCIA, ONI, NIOC, DTIC, SID, NSC to name just a few
and they all have satellites up there

And my favorite the NGA "Space Spooks" (National Geospatial-inteligence Agency)

What the heck they do with all that intel? And we still need the TSA harrassing us?

:shk:
edit on 23-11-2010 by zorgon because: Insanity RULES

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I have also provided a follow up lnk to some interesting space weapon concepts being looked into by defence contractors.

Deployed and tested
Wanna see it? I been tracking that Starwars space laser for some time now

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Nice, our leaders push for globalization, yet they feel the need to 'spy' on everyone...thiers the real globalization for ya! more like spy on us all so they can plot thier mischevous evil ways.
i find it funny, its on the news as 'a secret'...well not anymore lol

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
i find it funny, its on the news as 'a secret'...well not anymore lol

The X-37 Secret space plane is also known now to be in orbit...

BUT where is it and what is it doing? Any idea?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

No i wasnt trying to pessimistic, actually in a passive way kind of optimistic. I mean we look back everyday at the bloodshed of wars and occupation etc, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Iraq 2.0, and the many thousands of conflicts before and after the above listed events and yet here we are in the 2010 and still we havent really gotten anywhere in many ways.

It is sad the Govt will spend all that money on a spy satellite and all the other hardware it is spending money on or investing in for the future. It actually depresses me, i mean literally! It is sad that instead of working towards a new future people are still in conflict and if history is anything to go by, we will be again for one reason or another and you know who suffers... US the citizens and civillians who work our ass off for the country we live only to be caught up in the #-storm when it hits the fan.

I watch the late night coverage of parliament on ABC or in the states i guess would be the equivilent of congress, and half the time the argue and fight like school kids in a debating contest all the time we are suffering, money is being spent on abscure projects that are secret and the public dont ever here about, yet 1% of the $$ on those bugdets would send me flying into the rich life, and ironically half the projects are a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Anyone notice the emblem on the lower left?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

yeah there's lots of awesome tech out there at the moment that we probably wont hear about for 50 years, ahhh the FOIA requests in 50 years time

I've also been reading about directed energy weapons on ground and in space, RAND is doing some interesting research on this, actually some funny youtube clips from military testing online as well, and although it is probably old news it has a long way to go and alot more potential.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

yeah there's lots of awesome tech out there at the moment that we probably wont hear about for 50 years, ahhh the FOIA requests in 50 years time

Well they built the TRW space laser back in 1999 and first test was 2001
I even got a few pics from a DEW convention of it with a deployment time table
errr no... I won't tell where the pics came from

Here is that symbol

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad0b598a691b.png[/atsimg]

edit on 23-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I also want to add, why the hell is it secret, classified and blah blah blah. I mean seriously it is fustrating that we are lied to and that things are constatly kept secret from us.

The Govt of all countries or atleast the majority and especially the US has become a pathological liar. Look up the definitions in regard to phsycology and conditions realted to ongoing distrust and the keeping of secrets and keeping lies.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.mcafee.cc... - Has the Govt become or always been a sociopath? Loom at the syptoms!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Are you serious? It is so obvious and yet people just dont get it.... lol it's the 21st cent version of the all seeing eye!! At least they keep with times.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

we probably wont hear about for 50 years, ahhh the FOIA requests in 50 years time

Sneak preview just for you

www.fas.org...

Now let me point out something

The cover... Says Vision for 2020 right?

Notice Anything?

Remember Secret Shuttle Mission STS-44?

STS-44 was Space Transportation System (NASA Space Shuttle) mission, launched November 24, 1991. It was a U.S. Department of Defense space mission.

Look Familiar?

So the Vision for 2020 has been orbiting since 1991

Also from this page...
I mean just look at the target... talk about 'in your face'

edit on 23-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

By Spy, they mean targeting capabilities.
and by Satellite they mean space to ground missile.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join