It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

playskool "airport security checkpoint playset"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by univac500

I saw those first two featured on an MSNBC segment this AM.

Story was, "hurry and buy toys now, or else THIS is what the procrastinating parents will be left with, these AWFUL toys".

Anyone think it is ON PURPOSE? To drum up other retail sales??

First of all, as I have already pointed out, the PlayMobil (German company) "Airport Security" playset is out of production. DIScontinued!

Secondly, looking up the "My Cleaning Trolley" on Google ('trolley' is, in this context, NOT an American common usage, in my experience. More British/Australian?)...this same toy is in the news LAST YEAR!! Hue and cry, outrage and all, back in 2009. Gender-stereotyping, and such.

Last photo, at least wasn't mentioned on MSNBC (he DID mention one put out a plastic surgeon, as inappropriate..."My Beautiful Mommy". www.amazon.com...).

And one that is a doll that breast feeds (actually, not sure why that's so wrong??)

But, the last one, the McDonald's playset? Pffft! Lots and lots of companies do stuff like that...I used to remember the Phillips 66 Tanker Truck, you could buy at the gasoline station. Today, Black & Decker "tools" in toy form, etc, etc.....I had a mini-lathe that actually worked, from Sears ("Craftsman" is their small and power-tool division. My lathe set was a Craftsman, of course.......).

edit on 23 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join