It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 25 Most Powerful Women of the Past Century

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Mods please move if this is not the correct forum.

TIME surveys the women who have most influenced our world

Time Articles
This list is simple and most likely would arouse some controversy. I don't agree with some entries on the list. Madonna and the wife of Mao Zedong. Who am I to complain? This is Time Magazine!
Top 10 richest women
Top 10 greatest women in history
Top 10 badass female warriors
Top 10 most powerful women in history
Top 10 elegent women in movies

I believe these list are more accurate then Time's! What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with me or the article?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I could agree with Time now that Jiang Qing was a very powerful woman. Thinking about my past studies of her life and what she did when she got power. I dislike her. Still the facts stand she had a lot of power and she was not afraid to use it.
Text source

Jiang Qing was the wife of Mao Tse-tung, the Communist dictator of China. Through clever maneuvering she managed to reach the highest position of power within the communist party (short of being President). It is believed that she was the main driving force behind China’s Cultural Revolution (of which she was the deputy director). During the Cultural Revolution, much economic activity was halted, and countless ancient buildings, artifacts, antiques, books and paintings were destroyed by Red Guards. The 10 years of the Cultural Revolution also brought the education system to a virtual halt, and many intellectuals were sent to prison camps. Millions of people in China reportedly had their human rights annulled during the Cultural Revolution. Millions more were also forcibly displaced. Estimates of the death toll – civilians and Red Guards – from various Western and Eastern sources are about 500,000 in the true years of chaos of 1966—1969, but some estimates are as high as 3 million deaths, with 36 million being persecuted.

Sorry for using such a large source. I like to explain fully my statements.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thatcher. Now that's a women who inspired fear and respect in equal amounts.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Notice how all the richest women became rich through inheritance from a male relative, rather than from their own entrepreneurship ?

Sisters are doing it for themselves.

I like the list of ten most elegant women. I'm a big fan of a lot of the older movies.

Audrey Hepburn and Lauren Bacall.

Although that list should have also included Hedy Lamarr.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

I was about to say...the author has obviously never heard of Margaret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth II or Lady Diana!!
edit on 19-11-2010 by ruffrider because: add info

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I liked reading the 10 badass women in history myself

join