It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After tires slashed, Oklahoma townsfolk refuse to help 'God Hates Fags' protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

After tires slashed, Oklahoma townsfolk refuse to help 'God Hates Fags' protesters

www.rawstory.com

About a half-dozen members of the Westboro Baptist Church traveled to McAlester, Oklahoma Saturday to picket Army Sgt. Jason James McCluskey's funeral.

Following the protest, the group returned to their minivan to find that the front and rear tires on the passenger side of the vehicle had been slashed.

"To make matters worse, as their minivan slowly hobbled away on two flat tires, with a McAlester police car following behind, the protesters were unable to find anyone in town who would rep
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Good, I'm glad to hear it and kudos to the townfolk. Don't get me wrong, I support these protestors right to free speech and to assemble for whatever it is they believe, though that certainly doesn't mean that I support or agree with their message. However, I also support the townfolk with their right to refuse help.

If only more Americans can refuse services for this nut-job group, they may not be able to spread their wacked out message or harass the families of dead soldiers.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
They should try protesting in Iraq of Afghanistan... I would like to see the people's reactions there to the WBC protests.

These guys are domestic terrorists hiding behind their "free speech".

If they are such against war, they do not deserve to live "free". Those soldiers are out there fighting for OUR RIGHTS... not the politics...thats the politicians jobs... but those brave PEOPLE out there are sacrificing the ultimate for us...

If I was there I woulda shot the pastor in the face already.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
If they are such against war, they do not deserve to live "free". Those soldiers are out there fighting for OUR RIGHTS... not the politics

The police and gov are far more dangerous to you than anyone in a mountain area of afghanistan.

They are not fighting for peoples freedoms here they are fighting to make more money for someone else. Wars are mostly about money.

How many innocent people are in american prisons, and how are the soldiers fighting for there freedoms ehhh.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

McAlester, Oklahoma! Home of Reba McEntire and one of the last places in the country with real working Cowboys! Kudos to them!

I would say these guys are lucky they only have slashed tires. Now McAlester, OK is probably not a very homosexual friendly place, but it is surely even less friendly to war protestors and trouble makers in general! If their van made it out of town, and nobody set a record for calf roping of the protestors, then they had a pretty lucky experience if you ask me!!

BTW, I think I left a tooth in McAlester back in the day. If anybody finds that, or the big Indian that knocked it out, please let them know that I want it back!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

They should try protesting in Iraq of Afghanistan... I would like to see the people's reactions there to the WBC protests.

I just want to comment on this part.

I am pretty sure that Muslims in that part of the world aren't known especially for their tolerance, especially tolerance of homosexuals. That might might actually be one the few spots left on earth where the WBC could have a successful recruitment drive.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
is it just me that sees the irony of people who protest soldiers funerals and they're the ones that died so those ignorant idiots can protest!! isnt it say something in the bible about turning the other cheek?? or something about judging other people or you would be judged by god?? i'm not religious person so i could be wrong?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

they do not deserve to live "free".

...then neither do you - because - if the government forbids their right to protest, they'll forbid you next...

...its bad enough to think such a thing but its downright moronic to post it for the whole world to see...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

You're right.

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." --Thomas Paine
US patriot & political philosopher (1737 - 1809)

Thomas Paine couldn't have said it any better and the message couldn't be more true.

--airspoon

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A woman (with the worst haircut ive ever seen) and her daughters representing this church were interviewed a couple of years ago on the Jeremy Kyle show over here in the UK. These people were despicable, ive never heard such hatred spout from the mouths of so called christians, and what was worse were the kids were completely indoctrinated to it. How can they teach their toddlers to shout God hates fags? How do they know what God hates anyway? oh yes the bible, which off course much be 100 per cent correct. They spent most of the show with self satisfied smug looks on their faces, Jeremy ofcourse wiped the floor with them. God hates fags?? maybe Our creator hates people with abysmal taste in haircuts and fashion, never have i seen such an outrageous display of mullet haircuts and flared jeans!!! joking aside these people are sick.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
WBC makes me really, really mad. They brainwash the children, they disrespect funerals, and they preach hatred. They literally believe God hates everyone but them. It's sick. I have watched Youtube videos of the children; an interviewer asked them what a 'fag' was and they couldn't answer cause they didn't know, but were still saying God hated them. They are teaching children to blindly follow and that, even above the disrespect of the soldier's funerals which I find repulsive and terrible, is what I hate most. What they are doing is abuse to children, and I can't stand it.

Now, I understand there is a right to free speech, but what those kids are saying, and the adults who learned it from childhood, it isn't free, it's brainwashing, and that isn't what America is all about. If WBC ever comes close to me, I am organizing the biggest anti-protest... although I know it won't change a group of brainwashed people. The saddest part is that most of the members of WBC are victims of a couple leaders who are the real bad guys. Reminds me of that cult where the woman starved her kid because the leader told her to. WBC is the same way and it is just sickening.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

...then neither do you - because - if the government forbids their right to protest, they'll forbid you next...

I am not the one protesting at funerals of our brave men and women who are fighting for our freedoms. I am not saying our government should forbid the right to protest... but i believe there should be careful discretion on how to go about protesting such a delicate issue.
How would you feel if your son/daughter went to war, and made the ultimate sacrifice, come home in a closed casket only to see people saying "THANK GOD FOR I.E.D" "HE DESERVED TO DIE" etc etc.
That's spewing pure hate and utmost prejudice.

If I am going to protest, it's going to be against our politicians and the corporations who back them up, not our own people.

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks...its bad enough to think such a thing but its downright moronic to post it for the whole world to see...

Call it what you want it. They are allowed to say hateful things and I am not? I am honestly speaking my mind, just like they are.
edit on 15/11/2010 by InnerTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

And you know what makes me really really mad? Not only do they do all the things you point out, but they tolerate shrimp.

www.godhatesshrimp.com...

God Hates Shrimp

Shrimp, crab, lobster, clams, mussels, all these are an abomination before the Lord, just as gays are an abomination. Why stop at protesting gay marriage? Bring all of God's law unto the heathens and the sodomites. We call upon all Christians to join the crusade against Long John Silver's and Red Lobster. Yea, even Popeye's shall be cleansed. The name of Bubba shall be anathema. We must stop the unbelievers from destroying the sanctity of our restaurants.

Why cherry pick the things to make a fuss about? If you want to get your panties in a twist over what God did or did not call an abomination, go for all of them. Dont just fixate on homosexuality.

What a heartwarming story. Good job Oklahoma.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoonGood, I'm glad to hear it and kudos to the townfolk. Don't get me wrong, I support these protestors right to free speech and to assemble for whatever it is they believe, though that certainly doesn't mean that I support or agree with their message. However, I also support the townfolk with their right to refuse help.

Totally agree!

This is exactly the kind of thing that NEEDS to happen!
We don't need to bring the government in to make them shut up. We are the people and we are smart enough and resourceful enough to find ways to make it difficult for these guys to do what they do.

The Patriot Guard started it and we the people need to keep it up!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by airspoonGood, I'm glad to hear it and kudos to the townfolk. Don't get me wrong, I support these protestors right to free speech and to assemble for whatever it is they believe, though that certainly doesn't mean that I support or agree with their message. However, I also support the townfolk with their right to refuse help.

Totally agree!

This is exactly the kind of thing that NEEDS to happen!
We don't need to bring the government in to make them shut up. We are the people and we are smart enough and resourceful enough to find ways to make it difficult for these guys to do what they do.

The Patriot Guard started it and we the people need to keep it up!

I was very happy to find out that they had a huge counter protest...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I don't believe that the god of Christians or Jews ever called homosexuality an obomination. If I can remember right, the issue is one of interpretation and possibly translation, though I don't think the bible or torah explicitly codemned homosexual acts. With that being said, I'm not a theologist or religious person so I'm basically going off of my memory and a quick google search here.

Regardless, Christians should stop trying to force their religion on others. What gives them the right to impose their will on other people? I know of no other religion that is so intrusive to non-subscribers (maybe Islam comes close). I do realize that these Christians don't represent the wider array of the religion but they are only an extreme version of how many other Christian groups work.

If you want to worship your god by wearing a pink tu-tu while standing on your head in a corner, that's fine with me but you shouldn't try to force those beliefs on me or anyone else who doesn't subscribe to those same beliefs. Why should anyone concern themselves with what others choose to do, especially when it doesn't affect them? I could never understand that.

--airspoon

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

I don't believe that the god of Christians or Jews ever called homosexuality an obomination. If I can remember right, the issue is one of interpretation and possibly translation, though I don't think the bible or torah explicitly codemned homosexual acts.

Well that depends on how you take the Bible. God takes the time to personally write the Ten Commandments down twice, (cause Moses breaks the first set) and he doesnt say a think about homosexuality. So you are correct, that it would seem that God, who is by definition perfect, would have mentioned it if it really mattered to him when he was laying out the rules.

However, if you are the typical "everything in the Bible is the literal inspired word of God" sort of Christian, there is some stuff in the Bible that calls homosexuality an abomination. For instance,

Leviticus 18:22 (King James Version)

22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 (King James Version)

13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Now whether or not Leviticus is actually representative of Gods instructions is up for debate.

en.wikipedia.org...

According to traditional belief, Leviticus is the word of Yahweh, dictated to Moses from the Tent of Meeting before Mount Sinai. In the 19th and early 20th centuries, scholars regarded Leviticus as being almost entirely a product of the priestly source (more recent scholarship prefers to refer to a "priestly school" of editors rather than a single priestly source), originating amongst the Aaronid priesthood circa 550–400 BCE; however, the dating of Leviticus is still widely disputed among scholars, and significant schools of thought argue either a pre-exilic, exilic, or post-exilic dating.[6]

So whether or not Moses, (and God through him) had anything to do with the book Leviticus is up for debate.

What makes the "God hates shrimp" thing funny, if you know the Bible, is that in the same books used to justify the hate and venom spewed by some Christians upon homosexuals there are all sorts of laws that many of them blithely ignore themselves. Thus rendering them the finest sort of hypocrite. Such as the eating of shell fish being an abomination right up there with homosexuality.

Regardless, Christians should stop trying to force their religion on others. What gives them the right to impose their will on other people? I know of no other religion that is so intrusive to non-subscribers (maybe Islam comes close).

Well Islam and Christianity are basically fruits on the same tree. Judaism is less intrusive, but only because it is more racist and genocidal in nature. They dont want to convert anyone, its a religion of exclusion, not inclusion. God just orders them to kill or otherwise destroy those who are not Jews repeatedly.

Paul, (and Mohammed) refined the meme by making it open to new recruits. Anyone could belong, so it was no longer racist and genocidal as practiced, but if you refused to convert, it was still murderous and violent. The good news is, your genes no longer condemned you, you could save yourself by converting. With Judaism that was not an option. It was all about the genes, baby. (Still is, in large.) That convert or die meme is entrenched in the religions at this point. Though Jesus personally did not advocate that at all. Paul is actually the founder of Christianity as practiced, however, and Jesus kind of takes a back seat to Paul in most cases of practice. Paul didnt speak highly of homosexuals either, though suspiciously, he was very anti sex with women and traveled with his best buddy Luke as a constant companion. Just saying.

But that is why Islam and Christianity have succeeded to the degree they have, becoming the two largest religions in the world. By brutally eliminating any competing theory or religion, as well as by allowing people of any ethnic group entry into the club, as long as they played by the club rules. And paid dues, of course.

Paganism, which was much more live and let live, and did not impose under threat of death conversion nor did it lock out the possibility of other Gods, got plowed under in a heartbeat. In the memetic game of survival of the fittest, it was not brutal enough to survive.

Why should anyone concern themselves with what others choose to do, especially when it doesn't affect them? I could never understand that.

They think it does affect them. Some of them honestly believe that the bad things that happen to America is because we tolerate these abominations. Like the group in the OP. Note that they specifically claim that God hates America because we tolerate homosexuals.

They honestly believe that the whole country is being punished, (hence our economic woes, hence the natural disasters, terrorist attacks, etc.) because we dont kill off or otherwise stop the homosexuals from sinning. They fixate on that because their religious leaders do, and most of them dont even realize that the reason God is punishing us is really because of popcorn shrimp.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I know when the fundies try to explain to me that America is a Christian Country I have lately begun to respond by saying: "Well, that would explain why god is destroying it."
If you look up Scofield, the guy responsible for the Bible concordance which the study of created a lot of these haters, you'll see he was funded by ZBANKERS.

"Since the 1930s the Scofield Reference Bible has been promoted as THE source for interpreting Revelation and the end times. Almost all the current Dispensationalist theology is derived from his teaching and his Reference Bible.
"The doctrines he preached and taught have now taken over fundamentalist churches across the country.
"His financial support for the reference Bible came from Zionist & conspiratorial groups out of Boston Massachusetts. Chiefly known as the Secret Six . That group tied to the order of the Illuminati. There was an unusual association between Scofield & Zionist Samuel Untermeier." -- Rev. Nord Davis

www.kt70.com...

That ain't the half of it with Scofield....he was a CAD.
And it is all part of the plot...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Heres a little video taken by one of the protesters

Good on ye McAlester

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
No one should be allowed to protest at funerals, period. These people should have been jailed. They are lucky to get away with slashed tires.

I am all for free speech. That said, the right of free speech requires responsibility. Use it irresponsibly and it should be taken away from that person or group. It is really pretty simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join