It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can watch you on your built in webcam if you come to my website!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is solid truth. They can also access your smartphone camera at any time, as well as its mic. It has been personally done to me, My entire iphone was hacked remotely. And I know it was remotely because my iphone never left my side even for one second. Even while I was grabbing a shower, S***, and shave. I took it everywhere. I will be posting on an enormous topic regarding this very soon.

Good post.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
DONT USE WINDOWS. I hate all caps but damnit. Someone has to lay down reality.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sooo, I can think of all kinds of images to tape to the eye of the camera. And by the way can you imagine being the poor schlep who got the "watching for suspicious home activity" job.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

It's got nothing to do with Windows. Regardless of what OS you use you always have to give the website permission to access your webcam.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chunkafungus

WOW!!.. I dont trust google that much either and I have a rooted droid phone based on AOSP. I'm running a modified rom on this phone but thats creapy.
edit on 2010/11/14 by GradyPhilpott because: Replaced quote of entire previous post with "reply to" tag.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just disable the webcam service. That is what I do anyways. The webcam and the mic don't even get a chance to fire up.

link   
I'm calling BS on this one...I remember Sub-7, anyone else?

I can do "stuff", and as far as turning on a cam or accessing files, that cannot be done without permission....

sorry, but FAIL......

link   
reply to post by Nventual

Thats not quite true, there are Trojans out there that can do as the OP says, but in that case then you have to have downloaded and installed a Trojan on your PC either by having out of date anti virus software or through exploits that work through third party software like Adobe Reader. Not as the OP says (Put some code on a web page)

link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Is there a thread here on ATS or a link to a credible news organization you can post that shows that Facebook site was coded by CIA?

Your quote: "Facebook is a data harvesting and behavioral pattern recognition tool for tracking people - not a secret, not a conspiracy a well known fact. It was originally built by QinetiQ - the research and development arm of the CIA."

edit on 13-11-2010 by pianopraze because: added exact quote

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I will have to dig up links but not too long ago an American diplomat had his foreign manufactured laptop confiscated because it was transmitting images of the dip's office back to the spies. Apparently the cam pics were good enough to capture the text from the paperwork he worked on daily. Not sure if the microphone was used but it is possible.
With cool new fisheye lenses you can capture the whole 360 viewing field and extrapolate any angle you want with COTS software.

Flash for as long as I remember has had the ability to use the webcam and mic and present it for the websites' use.
www.testwebcam.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

It's got nothing to do with Windows. Regardless of what OS you use you always have to give the website permission to access your webcam.

firefox on ubuntu and your right.
Edit to add I dont trust firefox even running ubuntu.
edit on 11/13/2010 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well, I am a software developer and I have always covered the cameras even when they were external for this very reason.. Luckily the driver software for my two monitor cams (one on the laptop and one on the external monitor) use the same driver and that driver pops up the adjustment tools when the command to activate the camera is called. I still keep paper taped over the cameras.

As for the little light, yeah, that's to keep honest developers honest.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

NOT TRUE - the permission thing only came in and had to be coded in because of privacy laws and people freaking out about the government and hackers accessing their system. if the authorise code is disabled it will do it without you knowing!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

yeah but the code can't be disabled without a trojan. you can't simply go to a website and have your webcam turned on without you knowing, it doesn't work like that, on any OS on any browser.

link   

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner
I'm calling BS on this one...I remember Sub-7, anyone else?

I can do "stuff", and as far as turning on a cam or accessing files, that cannot be done without permission....

sorry, but FAIL......

Sorry teenage hackers using programs that make Trojans is not what we are talking about. This is simply coding that any professional or amateur could do should they wish!

link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

thanks for makeing me feel better. sigh.
edit on 2010/11/14 by GradyPhilpott because: Replaced quote of entire previous post with "reply to" tag.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes that article is also about a Trojan.
According to the OP the developers of Ghostnet need not have bothered as they could have just accessed the cameras from some magical code that bypasses all of the firewall / trust certificates in a few lines

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Sorry I'm a total idiot when it comes to computer stuff ... all I know is people keep calling me asking me to put my pants back on.

NEVER!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

!!!!!!!! How many time have you heard of an exploit that someone just discovers? there are many points of access or as Hollywood calls them "backdoors". Using one of these that has never been made public allows the trojan access and BINGO your in. Who do you think owns the antivirus software companies? all of them!

This is just another level of the BIG LIE we all live, as is Internet freedom and file sharing. You don;t honestly think they care whether you share the latest CD from "Dipido", how many of you use a file sharing program?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join