It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Missile expert says mystery object seen over Southern California may have been optical illusi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Video: Missile expert says mystery object seen over Southern California may have been optical illusion of a plane's contrail - NBC

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Click the link above to view the video.

And I would of thought that the Pentagon, or the Navy would of been able to tell the difference between a rocket launch, and a planes contrail.

Pretty funny if you ask me. They're still looking into it. But I'm sure that this 'optical illusion of a plane's contrail' will be the cause of this entire fiasco.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Oozii because: Add Headline.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
well..thats the joke of the year..optical illusion ^^

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

swamp gas just swamp gas oh yeah and a weather balloon .

link   
No they are not fox news confirms its a missile

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

link   
does this have anything to do with that thread the other day about a missile launch, and SO took some photos of it?
is this the same thing?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Nah, well at least I don't think it is. Both are two separate incidents. Not sure what the conclusion for the incident in Arizona was.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Canned beans are on sale 2/$1.00 at the Pick-n- Pack. Johnny and his buddies picked up a bunch, and headed out on his fathers fishing boat to see if they could create a bean powered rocket. What you saw was nothing more than exploding beans. The weather conditions however, made for the optical illusion of a missile. So whether or not you buy this load of crap, you should head on down to the Pick-Pack and load up on beans.

Give me a *beep* break.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
An aircraft contrail does remain a possibility (for this and the AZ sighting)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/461aaea1942d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10f5b9f9e921.jpg[/atsimg]

Perspective can make aircraft appear to be flying vertically when in fact - as in these pictures - they are flying horizontally

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Optical illusion my arse. That was a missile, and they aren't confirming it now because they're probably planning something. How someone could mistake a missile launch for "contrails" is beyond me.

I'm gonna go stomp off and do something else now before I throw my computer through the window.

/rant

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Most definitely chinese lanterns and balloons

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This guy should be a stand-up comedian. Honestly, his optical illusion joke was funny as hell...

Wait, no...it's a lame one, nevermind.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I can't stop laughing ...

This is great stuff. We need these so called experts on the forum to analyze all the unexplained stuff. They would seriously bring some much needed cheer to this place.

Watch, next some expert is going to come out and be like, "it's just a high altitude bottle rocket, and that contrail is completely normal for objects at that height".
edit on 9-11-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So, nobody has asked the FAA if they were allowing commercial aircraft in that area at that time? This is the key to knowing what it was.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
how come this is not on alex jones is site.?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
So, nobody has asked the FAA if they were allowing commercial aircraft in that area at that time? This is the key to knowing what it was.

Anybody look on the FAA's site for a NOTAM for the time and location that this took place?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Of course the FAA never lie about UFO and the like do they, but as long as they say it is a boeing 767-200 the sheeple will believe them in much the same way as a 767-200 flew at 525 miles an hour at sea level and then crashed into a concrete building and then crashed out the other side with the nose section in tact.

When the government tells you something the first thing you should do is look to the other end of the spectrum to figure out what really happened.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

EXACTLY

If this is a normal optical illusion that is often seen, then why is the camera crew and pilot so SHOCKED? if this happens even just once every six months the chopper pilot would have seen this effect before. He is after all flying the damn chopper every day in the same location filming the same place over and over and over and over you get the idea.

BS total and usual government BS!!!!!!

edit on 9/11/2010 by theregonnakillme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It was totally a plane. Check this website for some pics that show how this optical illusion works

uncinus.wordpress.com...-4

From the website, heres a pic from head on:

Here's the same "missile" from the side. From this angle you can see that its clearly just a plain ol' plane.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by slt63366

they screwed with the LIVE tv footage on 9/11 with only 17 seconds, imagine what imagery they have put together in the 24 hours since this happened!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by slt63366

As soon as I saw it I thought it was just a plane's contrail, too. Leave it to Uncinus to include the math.

If you call the military and say "missile", they will look for a missile. They are supposed to--they are this country's DEFENSE system, right?. It's being cautious and doing their job. What if it was a missile and no one looked into it? Imagine the backlash that would bring. Get over it, people. People mistake contrails for things everyday. Just look at the "chemtrail" videos on YouTube.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join