It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beast of Dartmoor with Video (not a panther)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Ive always been interested in cryptos and have read tons and tons of info on many different animals, but this particular story to me has always intrigued me, I suppose because of the plausability of this thing existing...

There are many myths and legends that abound, and there have been many sightings and pictures, most that can be explained away.......however........this one left me scratching my head!

And now the video in question.

What do you think? this thing to me looked like a giant black lion, or SOMETHING, but you can definitely tell from the tail, and the large mane area, this thing couldnt be a dog, its far too large. The tail is way too long...and it couldnt be a boar, I have hunted very very large boar and they just dont move like this thing did, its gate was very feline to me.......

.any theories or analysis are welcome!
edit on 9-11-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well it certainly looks lion like, except for the colour of course, still i suppose a lion would be this colour living it large on dartmoor. I wouldnt rule out wild boar though the numbers are increasing so there will be a few big ones around and they can move very fast much like in the video.

I know you said you'd hunted wild boar, but have you done that in open land like this and not in a wooded area, its surprising how fast they are when they get a chance to run freely.

Looking again, i wouldnt rule out a moorland pony either.

edit on 9/11/2010 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Something seems wrong in the animals movement.

I cannot put my finger on it, but something in the clip, just seems wrong.

Indeed it does kind of look like a black lion, but the way it moves, is leading me to think it might be cgi.

VvV

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

absolutely its interesting, I wonder what would make its fur this color tho if it is a lion? Lions arent naturally this color, i suppose there maybe have been a few but very very rare, maybe interbreeding?

As far as the Pony situation goes, Its gate to me doesnt look like a pony, they dont stretch out like that so much when they run because of the legs in proportion to their body size, and from what I hear they arent that big either are they?

The Boar theory, I still dont buy because of that long whipping tail. I have infact hunted very large boar in open land down in Texas, where they have lots and lots of room to run, and tho they are very fast, their gate is also different too, their feet move a lot quicker and are much shorter in proportion to body size in comparison to this thing. Ive seen them take off across hundreds of yards of open ground, and they are quick buggers even the big ones, but their leg movements to me are a lot more rushed and quick, compared to this big fella....

Ill admit the video is grainy , and this is all just my observation........but im up for any speculation!

Fact or faked did an episode on it, im off to check it out now!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Just a thought but it could possibly be a deer. The mane could be antlers but looks different due to the blurriness of the video. Also deer do have a good turn of speed (espically when spooked).

Another thought could possibly be Dartmoor ponies because they are really shaggy and the mane could just be hair on the head and neck.
Check link for photo.

DARTMOOR PONIES
edit on 9-11-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I researched a bit more,

Seems to be a big Newfoundland dog.

check this pic

vVv

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Cool theory i suppose, but to me , still not big enough, and the tail doesnt match the video......

2nd line

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HEREFORD 1969

I agree they are nimble, but they dont have a tail like that either! And you can see where the head is, the antlers wouldnt match like that

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

You may be right regarding the pony theory, its the tail, its too whip like, not as you would expect a ponies tail to be. You've got me really interested now, i hadnt actually seen this particular clip before and was expecting to see the usual panther like 'big cat' that is so often referred to in these sightings.

Another clip on the UK big cat theme

IMO theyre definately out there.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Your link doesnt work bro, but yes i agree, its a very interesting clip. I watched the Fact or Fake and they didnt really come up with anything.....

Im of the opinion that there are big cats out there, panthers, black and normal color.......however this one doesnt match either which makes it so interesting!

Thank you for participating, im going to keep researching , feel free to post any other ideas!

Edit: IT WORKS NOW! lol
edit on 9-11-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It's a shame there nothing in the video to judge scale against as I can't decide if the animal is 3 feet or 3 inches tall

I was wondering if it might be a Hare with it's ears folded back, but I can't tell in the slightest

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Heres something you might find interesting, seems its been debunked before.

Is this what it is?

Seems we're not the only ones who found this interesting enough to look into.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

After watching that video, its amazing that the government can say that there "are no big cats" roaming around, how do you deny video evidence? They might not be indigenous , but thats like saying there are no boa constrictors in Florida, just because they arent native lol, the htings are EVERYWHERE down there....

Clearly there are some large felines.........and.......just maybe....something else in the country side

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Compare this pic:

To this one:paranormalmysteries.files.wordpress.com...

Very similar no?

vVv

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I agree they might not have the spot just right, but im not sure 40 miles makes a difference really in the fact that the animal is still a mystery and still in the general area?......

They did superimpose some stuff to try and get scale, which was pretty comical, and granted their investigation of it , in my opinion wasnt near stringent enough, and the paranormal explanation did make me giggle....

But even on that site they really didnt debunk the video. They did however point out how lax the investigation really was of the whole thing

Whats your opinion

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

yes similar , however the tail is big and bushy, the animals tail in this video is clearly whiplike.....

Very interesting to say the least, that is a HUGE dog lol

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Yes its very similar, although the animal in the video appears to be short haired from the shoulders down, like a male lion.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I dont hope the person who filmed that, are going to film his others video with that camera... Its really bad, and he says he was out filming for another video, why use such bad quality then?

And the movement of that animal, looks so, argh! But it could even be a buffalo.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Found an interesting article from the FORTEAN TIMES ,which dicusses a 2007 sighting by local falconer Martin Whitley

This enigmatic beast was seen by Martin Whitley, a professional falconer, Devon born and bred. On 9 June, he contacted the national research network Big Cats in Britian to relate the following experience:

BTW scratch the deer theory, on closer examination i don't think the antlers would bounce up and down like that
edit on 9-11-2010 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I know its not the same color or same area, but compare the movement and tail whip of this lion moving to the movement in that video, to me its uncanny.........

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join