It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I live in Los Angeles where it is currently night. I live about 2 miles from LAX and see planes circling allot, and from about 5 miles away I could see a plane, at night and could tell it was a United Airlines flight just by the colors, now if the planes on 9/11 during a bright clear sunny day weren't as obvious as a dark night in Los Angeles from 5 miles away there is a definite problem here!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ziegenbagel

They were--at least for those who were in a position to see them (and were looking in their direction of course).

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

You are correct, and in every News video you cannot see the airplanes colors, or if they have any windows. I found it very interesting that the media was able to capture the planes hitting the WTC. Interesting though, our media and their excellent camera technology,and all they presented us was a shadow of a plane, yet everything else is legible. It is my opinion that this was done deliberately, so no one could identify these planes, because I don’t think for a minute they were American or United Airliners.

It certainly appears the government did not want these planes identified.

[color=gold] F.B.I. Counsel: No Attempt Made By F.B.I. To Formally Identify 9/11 Plane Wreckage

pilotsfor911truth.org...

That is why the government sits very, quietly in both administration when it come to 911, their silence speak volumes, they are without any doubt hiding something.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

You are correct, and in every News video you cannot see the airplanes colors, or if they have any windows. I found it very interesting that the media was able to capture the planes hitting the WTC. Interesting though, our media and their excellent camera technology,and all they presented us was a shadow of a plane, yet everything else is legible. It is my opinion that this was done deliberately, so no one could identify these planes, because I don’t think for a minute they were American or United Airliners.

It certainly appears the government did not want these planes identified.

[color=gold] F.B.I. Counsel: No Attempt Made By F.B.I. To Formally Identify 9/11 Plane Wreckage

pilotsfor911truth.org...

That is why the government sits very, quietly in both administration when it come to 911, their silence speak volumes, they are without any doubt hiding something.

I disagree. I don't believe anyone anticipated the plane coming at all. Watching the live coverage, the anchors and reporters were clueless to what was happening--"It was a small plane", "It was a large plane", "I didn't see a plane", etc.

Plus, if you think about it, the shadowy plane images make sense. Footage was filmed from below (shadow side of plane), or zoomed-in from great distances causing aerial or "atmospheric perspective" effects (grayish and hazy color, loss of contrast). Also, the sky is a giant back-light, camera exposure settings were not set for the underbelly of a speeding plane. A back-lit object can look black, light, or any shade in between depending on how the exposure is set and the type of camera. For a camera to have it's exposure properly adjusted for the plane (depending on the angle), much of the rest of the image would have look washed-out, overexposed.

Consider a cameraman noticing the rapidly approaching plane, he would have had mere seconds to manually adjust zoom, focus and exposure to get a clear shot. But they were all taken off guard. Auto settings on consumer cameras would have ignored the relatively small plane in the frame--or--if close enough, would have been too sluggish to auto-adjust effectively to such a fast moving object. Even in those distant wide shots, I don't believe anyone thought the small (relative to the frame) approaching aircraft to be anything other than a police craft or rescue helicopter since there had been several circling the building the whole time--otherwise most camera operators would have zoomed in on it--but their focus was on the burning building, not the distant sky.

Also take into account that the final approach of the second plane, moments before impact, entered the shadow of the thick smoke from tower one. This is why so much of that closer footage shows a black plane silhouetted against the bright sky.

top topics

join