It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSC Study Shows You are More Likely to be Killed By a Cop Than a Terrorist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Here we go again with cops are thugs.

Well, since this IS ATS,....what IF...

crap like this was designed to put a wedge between our local "civilian military" and us?

just sayin.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Here we go again with cops are thugs.

Well, since this IS ATS,....what IF...

crap like this was designed to put a wedge between our local "civilian military" and us?

just sayin.

Well my life for last 18.5 years in london has proven that this thread is true. My life has proven this thread is true.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What's really sad about this is, you're 12,000 times more likely to die of Cancer. Yet how many more billions are spent on Military funding, security technology, black projects and phony wars on the premise of stopping terrorism than are spent on Cancer research? Is there any doubt the human race has completely lost it's way?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Perhaps this is why you are more likely to die at the hands of a cop than a terrorist...

The REAL threat to America

Stop committing crimes, stop fighting with the police, comply with their orders, don't run, and you will not be shot, tased, or killed...

It's simple logic...

Magnum

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
Not another person who hates the police..come on there are plenty of good patrolmen out their so go easy...as far as the terrorist attacks tell the families of the USS Cole not to worry that terrorist won't harm us. The government may be using the terrorist as excuses but the terrorists are not make believe my friend. Check out some videos on some of the more graphic sites of them doing what they do best...and please do not compare the police to the terrorist..that's disgusting

The numbers aren't lying, it doesn't matter if you are "disgusted," the fact remains you are more likely to die at the hands of a police officer than a terrorist.

Fact.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
Perhaps this is why you are more likely to die at the hands of a cop than a terrorist...

The REAL threat to America

Stop committing crimes, stop fighting with the police, comply with their orders, don't run, and you will not be shot, tased, or killed...

It's simple logic...

Magnum

Really? A good number of people have been shot and killed by police when doing exactly as you stated.

People have no obligation to obey an unlawful order, or for that matter an unconstitutional law.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this makes sense statistically and common sense wise. There are thousands of poorly trained cops, there are only a few hundred terrorists with the capacity to kill you. Why would you be surprised?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Where have you been the last decade?

The TV has been telling us that the terrists could kill us at any moment, for no other reason than we are free. We could die any day now. A dirty bomb a suitcase nuke, anthrax, anything to kill us for our freedoms.

So there's no way cops could kill more than those guys. Cops are the good guys and protect us so obviously the terrorists would kill more. Oviously.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign
What's really sad about this is, you're 12,000 times more likely to die of Cancer. Yet how many more billions are spent on Military funding, security technology, black projects and phony wars on the premise of stopping terrorism than are spent on Cancer research? Is there any doubt the human race has completely lost it's way?

That's because they are actively trying to get people to die of cancer. All the toxins they bombard us with are having the effect of causing widespread cancer and other fatal illnesses.

They are also suppressing natural cures for cancer and other diseases. As more information becomes available on very effective natural cures, the more they tighten the regulations to prevent people from having access to said cures and bombard us with more chemical toxins.

Just read about what's happening in the GOM. Again and again there are reports from very credible sources which confirm that doctors there are NOT treating the victims for chemical poisoning. It seems as though they are afraid to do so. Look at the terrible suffering of those poor people, bleading from orifices, oesophagus disintegrating, etc. WHAT are they doing about it? Not only nothing, but they are intimidating those who could help and using intimidation to prevent the news getting into MSM.

For those who haven't already done so, please join the dots.

They want billions to die, they don't want to protect people's health.

They want total control, so they invent and exploit the terrorist scenario.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I know this has already been said, but I think it's worth saying again.

In UK Brits lived with terrorist attacks for 30 years. At the time, the NWO Predators hadn't got the control they have now.

There was not mass hysteria in the media. The incidents were downplayed, not sensationalised. There was NO stripping of civil rights as a result.

Sadly, there were deaths of many innocent civilians, but the country was not subjected to Big Brother as a result of these attacks.

The massive stripping away of privacy and civil rights is one big HOAX. When they have closed all avenues of civil protest and expression, they will come down on us like a ton of vicious, brutal, murderous bricks.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Thanks for your last post wc. It proves to me the real purpose behind "the war on terror".

line 2

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Seriously, is anyone surprised. There is a named psychological effect that leads people to worry about most about the things actually least likely to harm them than the things that actually pose a real risk to their lives. I suspect it is media and cultural mis-amplification of the scary things used to draw viewers (i.e. profits).

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Also it adds undue stress, and stress also weakens the immune system. That is the big play, totally obliterate our immune systems, bombard our systems with chemicals, and genetically altered food, and food with radiation. That is why there is so much cancer these days, among other things.

CX

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Another thread that is a magnet to the cop haters among us.

How often do you have cops around you on duty? Lots.

How often do you have terrorists around you doing their thing? Hardly ever, in fact maybe never in some of your lifetimes.

Stats very rarely show a true story, but those who hate cops will agree with them anyway.

CX.
edit on 2/11/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A question about the cop statistic. Does that mean you are more likely to be MURDERED by a cop, or more likely to be killed by a cop JUSTIFIABLY? Oh wait, it doesn't say. Funny how they negelct to go into detail about that statistic. I'll bet money that statistic shows you are more likely to be killed by a cop if you shoot at them first. But I know most of you on here won't see it that way. That's okay though.
edit on 2-11-2010 by TorqueyThePig because: Added text.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
And governments are behind 99% of the Terrorism they try to scare us with. The underwear bomber was LET onto the plane by the US government. Then the day after that false flag, Homeland Security said, "Don't Worry, We Care About You So much, we're rolling out the naked body scanners!" Of course they didn't tell anybody that Chertoff had bought them 2 years ago and now works for the company that makes the naked body scammers which is a conflict of interest that should have led to him going to jail!

Our government brings in most of the drugs too then they turn around and arrest people for using the drugs they bring into the country. Makes a lot of sense huh

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz

-- You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

-- You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

-- You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

--You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

--You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

--You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack

These numbers seem fishy. I'm not doubting your point. I agree with that. But car crashes are far more common than plane crashes and should be higher up on that list than them if the numbers were right.

The idea behind this study that spawned this thread is not to bash cops, but put in perspective just how minimal the threat from terrorism actually is. They needed something far fetched to compare it to so the fact that they used cops shooting people. If you look at it as it was intended, the people who made the list are actually saying good things about police.
edit on 2-11-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I had to explain that inconsistency to my friends on facebook as well ha ha. You may be reading out of context, You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane...they are comparing non-terrorist plane accidents to terrorist plots involving airplanes, death totals in general are not taken into account in the statement in question.

In other words, if you die in an airplane accident, it is 11,000 times more likely that terrorist were not involved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And to all the people coming in here and militantly defending cops, this thread is not an attack on cops, at all. The point is that a terrorist is less likely to kill you than a cop, they are not saying cops kill people a lot, they are saying that YOUR chances of being blown up by a terrorist are super low, lower than the already minuscule chances a cop will kill you.

The point is not to vilify cops, but rather open peoples eyes to how extremely non-deadly terrorists are to you. To wake people up to the fact that we are spending way to much money fighting a problem that barely exists.

Calm down, the study basically says neither have a very high chance of killing you, cops are higher because we are constantly exposed to them, not because they are worse people than terrorists.

I don't understand the squabbling that is going on at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos

Not another person who hates the police..come on there are plenty of good patrolmen out their so go easy...as far as the terrorist attacks tell the families of the USS Cole not to worry that terrorist won't harm us. The government may be using the terrorist as excuses but the terrorists are not make believe my friend. Check out some videos on some of the more graphic sites of them doing what they do best...and please do not compare the police to the terrorist..that's disgusting

The numbers aren't lying, it doesn't matter if you are "disgusted," the fact remains you are more likely to die at the hands of a police officer than a terrorist.

Fact.

This is not a fact. The Fact would be certain people who live certain types of life styles would be more likely to be killed by a cop. Criminal actviity and/or heavy use of drugs or alcohol drugs resulting in violent behavior is going to greatly increase your chance of being killed by a cop. Terrorism on the other hand works because its target is random people whom are doing nothing other than going about their everyday life. That creates the fear. So saying he is more likely to die at the hands of cops is a fallacy unless you live a certain life style. Just like if you do not ride trains then your chance of dying in rail accident becomes almost zero. This "study" is just some idiot who took mortality data but, in no way shape or form does it use that data in any logical way. But lets not let common sense get in the way of whatever agenda you want to push.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by sremmos

Fact.

This is not a fact. The Fact would be certain people who live certain types of life styles would be more likely to be killed by a cop. Criminal actviity and/or heavy use of drugs or alcohol drugs resulting in violent behavior is going to greatly increase your chance of being killed by a cop. Terrorism on the other hand works because its target is random people whom are doing nothing other than going about their everyday life. That creates the fear. So saying he is more likely to die at the hands of cops is a fallacy unless you live a certain life style. Just like if you do not ride trains then your chance of dying in rail accident becomes almost zero. This "study" is just some idiot who took mortality data but, in no way shape or form does it use that data in any logical way. But lets not let common sense get in the way of whatever agenda you want to push.

Does living one lifestyle over another not affect your chances of dying at a terrorist's hands? Me thinks yes, so I am not sure what you are trying to say.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join