It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Spiked Turtle Creature

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Found this tonight on about.com. Thought it was really interesting looking. Since I am not a turtle expert, I was wondering if anybody recognizes the species, and if not, what could it be? Thought it would be great for discussion here on ATS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d5678018f72.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the excerpt on the article:
paranormal.about.com...

This photo is from a house owner who took the picture for landscaping purposes. It seems a creature appeared the moment she took the picture. There's a blurry trail behind the creature, and it seems to be looking right at the person who took the picture. She has no pets and the home is fenced in. She's even looked through the grounds to see if she could find this strange turtle with spiked armor. We don't know what it is. Some people have mentioned that it may be a reptilian species of aliens. This isn't a joke. [The picture was taken] in early October in Miami Shores, Florida.

there is a little more info on the article, just conjecture between the guy who sent it in and the articles author.

edit on 31-10-2010 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

idk but i think it is freaking awesome!!!
I wouldlove to have one of these as a pet, Alien or not!! then instead of saying sick balls to my dog when a person comes in my home ill just let the alien turtle blast the person with some spikes! w00t

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Ahh the old Pointed-Lookout-ARGH-ThatSmarts-Turtle...

Lol no seriously, I have no idea, I've never seen a turtle with am armoured shell like that - I'd honestly call fake on it, but I have no idea.

But I've never seen a turtle with spikes.

Oo

Heres to finding out!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It's somebody's pet turtle probably. Looks like it crawled through the foliage and a branch with some leaves took a ride on its shell.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Looks like a pool ornament with something draped over top. If it was real why not catch it? It doesnt look very threatening. I doubt it'd be able to run away very fast.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It doesn't look real to me. I'll go with my gut instinct.

IRM

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
its a statue, you can tell by looking at the legs

second line

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It's not uncommon for turtles to have vegetation growing on their shells. I used to have an avatar of a turtle that had seaweed growing on it's head that looked like a mohawk. It's not a rare species of turtle, just a turtle with stuff growing on it. Turtles are not rolling stones, therefore they gather their fair share of moss.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pipebomb24875

Looks like a pool ornament with something draped over top. If it was real why not catch it? It doesnt look very threatening. I doubt it'd be able to run away very fast.

I Agree.

Pool Ornament of a Tortise with a few bits of a plant on it.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Ugly yard ornament, would even be a hard sell at the yard sale.lol

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
well dude probly right i use to get snapers alot (ps that is some kind of tortest thought NO dought about it)
and turtles grow junk on there shells alot but it could be junk that is just caught on it as well seen that to.
no its not a alien its a tortest of some kind .
tell me were the photo is from ill tell you what kind

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

Originally posted by Pipebomb24875

I Agree.

Pool Ornament of a Tortise with a few bits of a plant on it.

According to the article, there were no pool ornaments or statues.

I studied this photo for a long time and cannot quite figure out what I'm looking at. Is it part lawn ornament, part plants? Is it a Photoshop hoax? Any ideas out there? -- S.W.

Eric responds: There were no planters in her pool area. She only has a small indoor dog as a pet, and in the other pictures she took of the same area on the same roll the creature is NOT in the picture. So did this said planter just disappear? As I said before, the owner of the home is an older French businesswoman, succesful and has no reason to make this up. She asked that her name be kept anonymous and has not benefitted from this monetarily in any way, nor have I. She also is very freaked out about it, almost to tears when she got the roll of film developed and saw the image. Also, if you look at the original picture there seems to be a long blurry trail coming from the left of the turtle hovering in front of the bushes and that is not on the left side of the same pool.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I agree with you. It definitely looks like it has some kind of vegetation growing on it or stuck to it. but the legs are weird looking the right set of legs seem to be facing the left and the left set of legs seem to be facing right. if you understand that last sentence thanks lol im not very good at sentence structuring even though ive lived in the usa all my life haha. It is definitely a tortoise though but what kind idk i can't even tell which end is which with this photo can anyone else?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
looks like a happy turtle!

i bet!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
According to the article, there were no pool ornaments or statues.

And you believe the article because it says so?

If I thought a reptilian alien were in my back yard I'd call police and not take my f'ing eyes off of it. Maybe put a bucket over top of it so it couldn't go anywhere? This one picture alone is proof of nothing. It looks like a perfect spot for pool decoration.

edit: If I were to take a picture of it Id zoom and center the damn camera too. Whoever took the picture wasn't interested in the turtle.
edit on 1-11-2010 by Pipebomb24875 because: •

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Its.... Its a genetically modified creature from another dimension that has bonded with turtle material from mixture of cortex and oil exposure... Otherwise I dont know

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's a tortoise, not a turtle. It appears to have some vegetation stuck on it's shell (not growing on it but got hung up it's shell). Burrowing tortoises are on the endangered species list I believe.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn

Some people have mentioned that it may be a reptilian species of aliens. This isn't a joke. [The picture was taken] in early October in Miami Shores, Florida.

Absolutely brilliant

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't tortoises notoriously sloooooooooow creatures? If I had taken a picture of some giant armour plated tortoise, first of all I'd notice it straight away, secondly I'd have close up pictures as the poor thing tried to sloooooowly wander away.

If that is what Icke has been going on about all these years then I don't think we have a problem. However, if it was more like this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef91aaa71074.jpg[/atsimg]

...then we might have a problem

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
i think its real nothing looks tortise like whith feet and head thous are no plants its spikes to fight whith and makes him look bad azZ

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It looks like it might be something like this:

Here's where I got the idea from:
paranormal.about.com...

Definitely not a "turtle from outer space" whatever it is though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join